The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I have joined the cult of Eventide H3000
Old 16th November 2020
Here for the gear

Thanks for your help so far. Another possible problem I have spotted with my my D/SE is a slight digital noise/aliasing sound low in the mix in some of the presets. I have noticed this most with filter presets 647, 656, 828 its a similar noise as the presets 676 to 689 which I so far find unable. I have read about other users having similar problems, the unit looks clear enough inside and it was meant to have been recently serviced.

I have included an audio example on this soundcloud link below, it would be really helpful if anyone could try preset 647 Lowpass filters with a drum beat and low cutoff to see if they also get noise. I have the H3000 in an effects loop from my Focusrite Clarett interface and the levels are registering well without clipping.
Cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/chriscampbell...al-distortion/
Old 17th November 2020
Here for the gear

One more slight problem thats easily checked if someone could please try this on their unit is to see if the Release amount of preset 376 CLOSENCOUNTERS in jumping randomly? Is this meant to happen? Some sort of lfo modulation or a fault with my unit?

Totally gutted now, think I may have to return this which is a shame as I looked six months for a good one and paid a top price for this recently serviced D/SE
Old 18th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroma Club View Post
One more slight problem thats easily checked if someone could please try this on their unit is to see if the Release amount of preset 376 CLOSENCOUNTERS in jumping randomly? Is this meant to happen? Some sort of lfo modulation or a fault with my unit?

Totally gutted now, think I may have to return this which is a shame as I looked six months for a good one and paid a top price for this recently serviced D/SE
That random jumping is normal. Several patches do this as a cool way to add variation.
Not sure about your noise issue, I couldn’t really hear much in that demo.
When mine had a noise problem, it was waaaaay more obvious than that.
Old 18th November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Thanks for your help, I hoped that variation was modulation. Regarding the noise I would expect a low pass filter to cut the highs but on a few presets it beings in this high pitched digital distortion that sounds like a bit crusher, I can also hear this noise very low in the mix for a few other presets.
Old 18th November 2020
Here for the gear

I have looked inside and found some white residue around one of the chips which also looks a bit corroded, I've included an image below, maybe this is the culprit, does this look recently serviced to anyone? It looks clean inside otherwise.

I'm surprised you could not hear the distortion in that audio clip, its very clear to me and unbearable with a decent set of headphones, can anyone else hear this on Preset 647 - lowpass filters with a low cut off? Its a real shame because otherwise the unit sounds fantastic, I imagine small problems like these are only fixable if its sent to America for full testing
Attached Thumbnails
I have joined the cult of Eventide H3000-img_4825.jpg  
Old 21st November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Hang on start-up

Hi folks, my H3000 is hanging on start-up. Any ideas if this is a power-supply or other issue?
Old 21st November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Most likely the Molex-connector
Old 26th November 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Anyone know if there is a go-to for H3000 service work near London? My D/SE is definitely in need of a service
Old 28th November 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I seem to have to load presets more than once sometimes to get them to work properly. Much of the time, perfectly normal, but hexa chorus for example didn’t actually load the effect the first few times I selected it. Any insights on cause for that? It was displayed but the audio was definitely just the input audio.

Edit: The problem is definitely intermittent too, seemingly working better after warming up. Interestingly, the Chorus + Echo (713) was able to return echo but no chorus at one point. 100-105 have seemingly never had an issue but there are times when Swept Reverb, Reverb Factory, and Digiplex won't actually load. I loaded Breathing Canyon (579), noticed it wasn't returning an effect, left the room, and then by the time I came back the effect was present. I had not reloaded it, which definitely left me scratching my head.

Last edited by Jmfreeland; 29th November 2020 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: additional info
Old 28th November 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
One more question for the crowd. Is it safe to assume that if your H3000 loads all the basic algorithms correctly (100-112, 114-119, 122-123 in the case of the D/SE), problems with individual patches are most likely coming from the patch ROMs? When might it be possible for the underlying algorithm to play correctly but for a preset built on it to fail?
Old 30th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmfreeland View Post
One more question for the crowd. Is it safe to assume that if your H3000 loads all the basic algorithms correctly (100-112, 114-119, 122-123 in the case of the D/SE), problems with individual patches are most likely coming from the patch ROMs? When might it be possible for the underlying algorithm to play correctly but for a preset built on it to fail?
I suspect it would be unusual for Eproms to fail, but I’m not 100% sure.
Problems with the H3000 are pretty hard to diagnose, especially when they are behaving in strange ways.
I remember a while ago someone mentioned a reliable tech around London.
Here’s links to the relevant posts.

Old 30th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
I suspect it would be unusual for Eproms to fail, but I’m not 100% sure.
Problems with the H3000 are pretty hard to diagnose, especially when they are behaving in strange ways.
I remember a while ago someone mentioned a reliable tech around London.
Here’s links to the relevant posts.

Thank you very much. It’s funny, because Simon recently fixed my Lexicon 300. He said he only does 910s and 949s on this front though. Maybe he’s stopped with 3000s. I’ve reached out to Benden Tech as well.

I doubt it’s the EPROMs either now given that they actually often work fine. After warming up it almost always kicks in fine. I’m not experienced enough to have a clue what that implies. Inspecting inside looks almost perfectly clean with some boards dated as late as ‘96.
Old 1st December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Thanks for your help so far. Another possible problem I have spotted with my my D/SE is a slight digital noise/aliasing sound low in the mix in some of the presets. I have noticed this most with filter presets 647, 656, 828 its a similar noise as the presets 676 to 689 which I so far find unable. I have read about other users having similar problems, the unit looks clear enough inside and it was meant to have been recently serviced.

I have included an audio example on this soundcloud link below, it would be really helpful if anyone could try preset 647 Lowpass filters with a drum beat and low cutoff to see if they also get noise. I have the H3000 in an effects loop from my Focusrite Clarett interface and the levels are registering well without clipping.
Cheers!

Noise is not super obvious as the lo fi / noise style drumbeat your using tricks your mind thinking it's part of the beat. Could you try with a classic real drum beat. May make thing more obvious for us I think.

Anyway here's the preset on my H3000 with a low cutoff

https://soundcloud.com/nhaudio/test-low-pass
Old 1st December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:

Cheers!

Noise is not super obvious as the los fi / noise style drumbeat your using tricks your mind thinking it's part of the beat. Could you try with a classic real drum beat. May make thing more obvious for us I think.

Anyway here's mine with a low cutoff

Old 5th December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhaudio View Post
Noise is not super obvious as the los fi / noise style drumbeat your using tricks your mind thinking it's part of the beat. Could you try with a classic real drum beat. May make thing more obvious for us I think.

Anyway here's mine with a low cutoff

Thanks so much for making this, I'm pretty sure my unit has more distortion than your clips but I'll try and make another clearer example in the next few days to compare
Old 19th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by loylo View Post
Interesting question, which remains unanswered.

I personnally own a H3000 upgraded with the display by Raystar, not the vishay one. A while back, I indeed reported at gearsluz some glitches regarding the fonts with this display.

MatzeMillion, do you have the Raystar display and have you personnally experienced these problems?

Randel, can you report back about any glitch with the display by Vishay?

According to my research, the Vishay display seems to be strictly the same as the Raystar one. It is only rebadged.
Is there any new information about people installing the Vishay display and having problems?

I am thinking of buying one for my H3000, but not if they are causing problems with the machine.

Cheers

Last edited by Wavestation1; 19th December 2020 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Is there anyway to recreate patches on the plugin version? I was hoping to get "Symphonic Chorus (#259)" and other swept combs presets but the plugin version doesn't have them due to legal reasons...

If someone took a SS of their "Symphonic Chorus (#259)" would I be able to redial in the settings? Or is the plugin missing things lol
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by konokoknk View Post
Is there anyway to recreate patches on the plugin version? I was hoping to get "Symphonic Chorus (#259)" and other swept combs presets but the plugin version doesn't have them due to legal reasons...

If someone took a SS of their "Symphonic Chorus (#259)" would I be able to redial in the settings? Or is the plugin missing things lol
I hope people would understand this once and forever...
The plugin has very little to do with the H3000 as it's not based on the original code at all. Add to that the algorithms. It doesn't take a rocket science tech head to realize this. Just get the H3000 D/SE manual and check the huge number of algorithms missing from the plugin. Embarassing!
So the answer to your question is simple, You can "recreate" an H3000 preset as long as the base algorithm is available in the plug. With a lot of "caveats" about HOW close it will really be anyway.
Or... guess?
Get an H3000 and be done with it. It will sound light years better and you'll have it all!
So simple!
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hi guys!! Hope everyone has a happy new year!! My H3000 keeps blowing fuses. Is there anything I should look at under the hood before I give it to my tech, or tell him to check something specific out? Thanks!!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Finally also ordered a H3000 upgraded with all the 3500 presets.
Does this mean it also has 'all' the algos a higher rev of the H3000 would come with? I heard the stutter came with later units.

https://youtu.be/27TKzd0Lmlk?t=124
This thickness in the video was what reminded me to finally get one, any ideas what would lead me going there? Are these just super short delays or comb/bandfilters with phasers? I'm experimenting alot with the EPS 16 time-dicer algos and really like this sort of stuff on drums and percussion.

Any Ideas on this are much appreciated
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by macs672 View Post
Finally also ordered a H3000 upgraded with all the 3500 presets.
Does this mean it also has 'all' the algos a higher rev of the H3000 would come with? I heard the stutter came with later units.

https://youtu.be/27TKzd0Lmlk?t=124
This thickness in the video was what reminded me to finally get one, any ideas what would lead me going there? Are these just super short delays or comb/bandfilters with phasers? I'm experimenting alot with the EPS 16 time-dicer algos and really like this sort of stuff on drums and percussion.

Any Ideas on this are much appreciated
If upgraded, it will have every algorithm and every possible preset. (Except the sampling ones, because it probably won’t have a sampling board).

It’s hard to tell what effect is going on in the video. It kind of sounds like a reverb, but probably isn’t. Possibly short delays like you mentioned, or even maybe micro-pitchshifting or some kind of modulation.
To be honest, it didn’t sound like the greatest effect possible from the H3000. If you like that, I think you’re going to really like what else it can do.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
For repairs in London I can recommend Audio Related Technologies.

http://www.audiorelated.com/

They traced the fault on mine, replaced the component, and it’s up to perfect health.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavestation1 View Post
Is there any new information about people installing the Vishay display and having problems?

I am thinking of buying one for my H3000, but not if they are causing problems with the machine.

Cheers
Yes - gliches here and there with Vishay. :-(

But this genius has it solved (with some new code in a PAL chip).
http://huebnerie.de/2019/09/eventide...0-oled-update/
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

What a good news! Thanks!
Now I wish the autor can give more precisions sothat I can upgrade my OLED display.
Have anyone tried to contact him?
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hi All
Is there a resource for a detailed list of Kitchen Sink upgrades plus a parts list? If not, would someone who really knows what they're doing please take up this very noble endeavor and make a spreadsheet?
📝 Reply