The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
I have joined the cult of Eventide H3000
Old 15th November 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aumumano View Post
Here is a picture of the desk my H3000 is righ now:

Is it ok to be touching the wood in the bottom?
All the otherts vent are ok, the back is really open, and the sides have a couple of space.

Thanks
For some reason your picture isn't showing up on my ipad.
I think as long as the the top and sides have space, it should be okay.
If there is enough room on top, much of the heat can escape through the vents.
I don't think the bottom of the 3000 gets as hot as the sides and top, so it should be fine.
Old 19th November 2014
Gear Nut
Hey guys, today i ve finally powered on my H3000, and its working fine!!!

Didnt mix or record anything, was just playing around with a mic and some presests.
One funny thing i´ve realized its how intuitive the interface is.
i didnt read the whole manual, only the techie-cable-power suplly stuff, but in 5 minutes i was already tweaking the effects parameters.
Its has a lot of the "logic" we use on computers(one thing opens another options that opens antoher,etc...) and older cellphones(when they werent touch pads, and we used real buttons for virtual items)
I still need to learn how to save presets, but today was just fun, so i will do the reading later.
Another thing i was kind of confused is:

All the effects have dry/wet mix settings?
Maybe i missed something, but in some of the presets i could not find the dry/wet settings... are they really just in some?

Thanks!
Old 19th November 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

All the effects have dry/wet mix settings?
Maybe i missed something, but in some of the presets i could not find the dry/wet settings... are they really just in some?

Thanks!
They all have wet/dry settings, except for the sound effect/midi keyboard presets. They are mostly set at 100% wet, so configured as effect sends.

As you have probably noticed, each preset is different, so you have to scroll through the settings using the Parameter button. Many presets also have wet/dry settings for both left/right channels.
Old 25th November 2014
Lives for gear
Looking for the most complete upgrade on ebah...there's a couple right now...are they both the same?
Old 26th November 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdss View Post
Looking for the most complete upgrade on ebah...there's a couple right now...are they both the same?
The highest upgrade (with the most extra presets) is the H3500B-DFX.
Old 26th November 2014
Gear Nut

I just bought an H3000 D/SX on here that also has the D/SE chips. The one I got has a few dead pixels on the display that don't really affect usability, but I was wondering if anyones ever replaced their display before if it is pretty easy for me to do down the road. My friend put a new 40x2 in his akai s900 that looks similar.
Old 26th November 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs1729 View Post
I just bought an H3000 D/SX on here that also has the D/SE chips. The one I got has a few dead pixels on the display that don't really affect usability, but I was wondering if anyones ever replaced their display before if it is pretty easy for me to do down the road. My friend put a new 40x2 in his akai s900 that looks similar.
Hi,
Chinese companies now make numerous VFD and other LED - and Liquid Crystal type Display units, if you call eventide they will even give you the exact part, otherwise see the H300 SVC Service manual and you should see the part number then and there. Can it be replaced, yes.....Easily! Go hunting man....i'm sure after 3 hours work on google you'll have the part number and display for around $60 Bucks Posted! Good Luck!

Regards
TheLastByte
Old 26th November 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
i am afraid to burn or mark the wood!!!
How hot do they get ??!!

D.
Old 26th November 2014
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielb View Post
How hot do they get ??!!

D.
From what i noted, the sides get the most hot.
Have been using for only a week now, but from what i could see the wood is not marked, and like TheBrightSide said, it seems its the sides that get really hot
Old 2nd December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdss View Post
Yeah I think so. I bought from this seller: I have joined the cult of Eventide H3000http://www.ebay.com/sch/tconcord/m.h...p2047675.l2562

Got it quick and am super happy now. Loving my new H3K. I was happy with the way it was before (D/SX) but for me this is the ultimate FX box so I was really curious about more presets. Was not disappointed.

Last edited by morebutter; 8th February 2015 at 05:36 PM..
Old 7th January 2015
Lives for gear

My H3500 has become increasingly noisey lately, so today I have boxed it up, ready to return it to it's birthplace, Eventide.
My local tech's haven't been able to fix it, or even diagnose the problem, so the best option is to send it back to Eventide for repairs.
They still do repairs for a flat rate of $300, regardless of what the fix is.
One worrying thing I was told is that some parts are obsolete, so sometimes repairs are not possible. But that's usually not the case.

So it will be a costly fix with shipping, and I've already spent a few clams on tech's, so this could end up the most expensive H3000 on the planet.
(After the Van Halen one on ebay of course)

Old 7th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
My H3500 has become increasingly noisey lately, so today I have boxed it up, ready to return it to it's birthplace, Eventide.
My local tech's haven't been able to fix it, or even diagnose the problem, so the best option is to send it back to Eventide for repairs.
One worrying thing I was told is that some parts are obsolete, so sometimes repairs are not possible. But that's usually not the case.

So it will be a costly fix with shipping, and I've already spent a few clams on tech's, so this could end up the most expensive H3000 on the planet.

Good luck!
I'm sure Anwar will do his best and take care of your beloved 3500.
Great they still work on these units!
Old 10th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post

Again..........?
Oh "M" I'm so sorry......Pm me if you need Spare parts and Eventide don't have them, I haver parts and spare RAM Chips + Board for the H3500 HS Board a plenty, only bummer, they're socketed, though can be un-soldered, so please do PM me if you need to.......!
Regards
TheLastByte!
Old 10th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by italo de angelis View Post
Good luck!
I'm sure Anwar will do his best and take care of your beloved 3500.
Great they still work on these units!
Happy new Year Italo......and to all Eventide and H3000 Users!

Regards
TheLastByte!
Old 10th January 2015
Lives for gear

New display...... OLED

Old 10th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJB06 View Post
New display...... OLED

Rob, could you please PM me and tell me where you grabbed that H3K Display from,always good to know especially if not from China!

Thanks
TLB
Old 10th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastByte View Post
Happy new Year Italo......and to all Eventide and H3000 Users!

Regards
TheLastByte!

Likewise J.!!!!

chEErs
I
Old 10th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
New display...... OLED

Looks.... DENSE!!!
Nice catch, man.
Please provide info on the brand/part#/anything that can be helpful to H3000 folks here... we won't feel lost then!

cheers
Old 10th January 2015
Lives for gear

No problem, i've asked my tech what the part number is and will post it when I hear from him. Btw, I left a free space above the H3000... is it necessary??

Quote:
Originally Posted by italo de angelis View Post
Looks.... DENSE!!!
Nice catch, man.
Please provide info on the brand/part#/anything that can be helpful to H3000 folks here... we won't feel lost then!

cheers
Old 10th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Again..........?
Oh "M" I'm so sorry......Pm me if you need Spare parts and Eventide don't have them, I haver parts and spare RAM Chips + Board for the H3500 HS Board a plenty, only bummer, they're socketed, though can be un-soldered, so please do PM me if you need to.......!
Regards
TheLastByte!
Excellent, thanks for the offer! Hopefully Eventide has the necessary parts, but if not, I'll let you know.
Old 10th January 2015
Can someone comment on the upgrade process?

I mean, these EPROMs are for sale on ebay, claiming to upgrade any H3K to D/SE or H3.5K.

They cost between $50-$100. Seems worthy of consideration as I continue to be outbid for a D/SE. That's okay, as I'm not going to pay the highest price in months but people obviously really want these things. The other H3K units sell for much less and usually only have a bid or two.

I don't do installs but have a good tech thst can get it done.

Curious if anyone has gone this route? Or just be patient and wait to get a D/SE?
Old 10th January 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGEK8D View Post

I mean, these EPROMs are for sale on ebay, claiming to upgrade any H3K to D/SE or H3.5K.

They cost between $50-$100. Seems worthy of consideration as I continue to be outbid for a D/SE. That's okay, as I'm not going to pay the highest price in months but people obviously really want these things. The other H3K units sell for much less and usually only have a bid or two.

Curious if anyone has gone this route? Or just be patient and wait to get a D/SE?
Basicly what this thread is all about... if you talk about the legal eproms from Eventide tough
Old 10th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
No problem, i've asked my tech what the part number is and will post it when I hear from him. Btw, I left a free space above the H3000... is it necessary??
Yes...a free space is very much needed on the H3000. Not lost space... think insurance on your H3000.

Old 10th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGEK8D View Post

Keep an eye on the classifieds here, they seem to pop up fairly regularly.
A few weeks ago there was one for $500, though it was an older model and the screen was a bit wonky. It worked fine though.
And yes any model can be fully upgraded with those eproms (which Eventide no longer sell)
Old 10th January 2015
Lives for gear
I grilled all my christmas time cookies on H3000. No wait, one of them got cooked on Compounder.
Old 12th January 2015
Lives for gear

Info on the new OLED display, hope that helps some folks:
REC004002AYPP5N00000 RAYSTAR OPTRONICS - Display: OLED | TME - Electronic components
It was a worthwhile upgrade i think, with a clearer display and better viewing angle
It is a drop in replacement for the H3000

Quote:
Rob, could you please PM me and tell me where you grabbed that H3K Display from,always good to know especially if not from China!

Thanks
TLB
Old 12th January 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragletrollet View Post
Basicly what this thread is all about... if you talk about the legal eproms from Eventide tough
Are the "official" chips even available anymore? There's a link much earlier in this thread to the Eventide site regarding EPROMS, but their web page has changed and it doesn't mention them anymore.
Old 12th January 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundxplorer View Post
Are the "official" chips even available anymore? There's a link much earlier in this thread to the Eventide site regarding EPROMS, but their web page has changed and it doesn't mention them anymore.
They are no longer available. So ebay it....
Old 13th January 2015
Lives for gear

H3000 Eventide OLED SCREEN 2015

Quote:
Info on the new OLED display, hope that helps some folks:
REC004002AYPP5N00000 RAYSTAR OPTRONICS - Display: OLED | TME - Electronic components
It was a worthwhile upgrade i think, with a clearer display and better viewing angle
It is a drop in replacement for the H3000
Thank you so Much Man.......Great Find!
Need one for a DSP4000 as well!

TLB
Old 13th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundxplorer View Post
Search iChip3000 you should get a result there!

TLB

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search