The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Share Samples Here
Old 6th November 2019
Gear Addict

thanks for doing the "legwork".
Old 10th November 2019
Lives for gear

@ kcearl - i just wanted to say thank you for the massive effort and 40gb of samples I've downloaded

I'd call you a gent but being a Scot I'm not sure if I'll get glassed for calling you that.
Old 10th November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_the_peace View Post
@ kcearl - i just wanted to say thank you for the massive effort and 40gb of samples I've downloaded

I'd call you a gent but being a Scot I'm not sure if I'll get glassed for calling you that.
Thanks man

And yes, my mother was a gent!

Got more too come just cant be arsed doing previews lol
Old 12th November 2019
Gear Head

Perhaps known by some, but probably not by everyone.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/20...ample-library/
Old 30th November 2019
Gear Addict

that bitly link appears to be dead?

I am working on a killer fart sample library, will send a link later ( after I eat )
Old 6th December 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Thanks man

And yes, my mother was a gent!

Got more too come just cant be arsed doing previews lol
any more samples?

Thank you for all that youve done already
Old 6th December 2019
yup got another full set of prophet 08 samples, its that previews part I cant be arsed with

but now youve mentioned it I might do it today
Old 6th December 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
yup got another full set of prophet 08 samples, its that previews part I cant be arsed with

but now youve mentioned it I might do it today
wonderful your prophet 8 samples from before were great but rather large LOL

Ate up my memory QUICK on the akai force
Old 6th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajor Hill View Post
wonderful your prophet 8 samples from before were great but rather large LOL

Ate up my memory QUICK on the akai force
I fully sampled it because I sold it unfortunately...can you bounce to sample in the force?

I wish there was an easier way to make LE versions. I still havent opened up the "app" Oscar sent me, maybe that would help.
Old 6th December 2019
Maybe I can finish off a Poly 61 set
Old 8th December 2019
Lives for gear

Kcearl samples are good, you have to sample as best as you can without the concern about the destination.

It just for force we need to run them through a stiff comb (remove samples here and there) because Force will on load turn them to whatever they use internally - (24 bit ?) and it will eat more memory than the wav samples took on disk.

I made app for it, but didn't post it publiclly as it works only for a particular way of kcearl sampling (every single note in a range). But maybe I can make a post and add some explanation so people can LE their samples by themselves. I did it only for the piano samples, coz I was happy to get Rolands old piano sounds.
Old 8th December 2019
I have a v nice poly61 for a few days
Old 22nd January 2020
Here for the gear

Vocal Samples

Hi,

Has anyone come across any Vocal sample's made from scratch then posted on here?

I'm not looking for anything in particular just something to mess around with on my Kaoss Pad to be chopped and resampled with FX.

Phrases, notes, short lines.....anything really.

Hope it's cool to ask here.

Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takejazz2036 View Post
Hi,

Has anyone come across any Vocal sample's made from scratch then posted on here?

I'm not looking for anything in particular just something to mess around with on my Kaoss Pad to be chopped and resampled with FX.

Phrases, notes, short lines.....anything really.

Hope it's cool to ask here.

Thanks
I'd love to make one someday. I've got a friend that's an opera singer, but the closest I can get her to recording is over the phone. ...which I still sampled because it was awesome despite the awful recording quality.
Old 24th January 2020
Gear Nut

FW SBD-1 – Synthetic Bass Drum Generator for NI Kontakt

I know a lot of people still request the 'boooom' sound of a Roland TR-808. IMHO the bass drum is one sound of an 808 that can be replicated quite easily – basically it's just a pulse and a sine sound. But not every synthesizer has the features to model it precisely. Here's my take on it using Adobe Audition 1.5 and NI Kontakt:

Share Samples Here-fw-sbd-1_screenshot.png

TRIG controls the way the sound is triggered. If set to DRUM MAP, sound will be triggered by the General MIDI based note for bass drum (C1, 36). If set to KEYBOARD, you can play basslines using keyboard notes in the range of E0-E1.

KEY determines the tune when TRIG is set to DRUM MAP.

TONE controls the level of the 'click' sound in the attack portion.

HOLD determines how long the initial amplifier level is held.

DECAY sets the amplifier decay.

SUSTAIN sets the amplifier sustain level. If set to minimum, releasing a key will not stop the sound.
Attached Thumbnails
Share Samples Here-fw-sbd-1_screenshot.png  
Attached Files
Old 24th January 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWagner View Post
Here's my take on it using Adobe Audition 1.5 and NI Kontakt.
Damn, that must have taken a lot of work. That's pretty generous of you to share this!
Old 25th January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Damn, that must have taken a lot of work. That's pretty generous of you to share this!
Thanks! Doing such stuff is a passion for me Indeed, it took some work but I wanted to make a very precise tool.

Gearslutz has given me a lot so I'm glad I can give something back people like.

See this post for my Synthetic Hand Clap Generator!

I also plan to share something like this for Tom, Conga, Cow Bell and Claves. The sounds do already exist, it's only that I'm still not sure about the controllers.
Old 27th January 2020
Quote:
I know a lot of people still request the 'boooom' sound of a Roland TR-808. IMHO the bass drum is one sound of an 808 that can be replicated quite easily – basically it's just a pulse and a sine sound. But not every synthesizer has the features to model it precisely. Here's my take on it using Adobe Audition 1.5 and NI Kontakt:

TRIG controls the way the sound is triggered. If set to DRUM MAP, sound will be triggered by the General MIDI based note for bass drum (C1, 36). If set to KEYBOARD, you can play basslines using keyboard notes in the range of E0-E1.

KEY determines the tune when TRIG is set to DRUM MAP.

TONE controls the level of the 'click' sound in the attack portion.

HOLD determines how long the initial amplifier level is held.

DECAY sets the amplifier decay.

SUSTAIN sets the amplifier sustain level. If set to minimum, releasing a key will not stop the sound.
Really nice work
Old 29th January 2020
Gear Nut

FW ST-1 – Synthetic Tom Generator for NI Kontakt

Quote:
I also plan to share something like this for Tom, ...
And here's the Tom Generator:

TRIG controls the way this device is triggered. If set to DRUM MAP, sound will be triggered by the General MIDI based notes for toms only (HI: 50, D2 - MID: 47, B1 - LOW: 43, G1). If set to KEYBOARD, sound will be triggered by playing keyboard notes in the range of E1-E2.

KEY determines the tune of the toms when TRIG is set to DRUM MAP.

PAN sets the panorama position.

SPREAD controls how much the panorama position of one note to the next higher one on keyboard differs. Adjust PAN to find the right balance for your mix! Unfortunately, I couldn't find a pan setting in Cubase that perfectly distributes the sound on left, right and center. Maybe someone can help with that.

TONE controls the level of the 'click' sound in the attack portion of the bass drum.

NOISE controls how fast the tom noise decays.

More like this coming soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Share Samples Here-screenshot.png  
Attached Files
Old 2nd February 2020
Old 3rd February 2020
Gear Nut

FW SC-1 – Synthetic Conga Generator for NI Kontakt

Today: The conga generator…

TRIG controls the way this device is triggered. If set to DRUM MAP, sound will be triggered by the General MIDI based notes for conga (63, D#3 - 62, D3 - 64, E3). If set to KEYBOARD, you can play the sound chromatic using keyboard notes in the range of E2-G3.

KEY settings determine the tune of the congas when TRIG is set to DRUM MAP.

PAN sets the panorama position.

SPREAD controls how much the panorama position of one note to the next higher one on keyboard differs. Adjust PAN to find the right balance for your mix!

TONE controls the level of the 'click' sound in the attack portion of the bass drum.

LEVEL controls the amplifier volume of the conga body.
Attached Thumbnails
Attached Files
Old 5th February 2020
Gear Nut

FW SCB-1 – Synthetic Cow Bell Generator for NI Kontakt

And here's the cow bell generator:

TRIG controls the way this device is triggered. If set to DRUM MAP, sound will be triggered by the General MIDI based note for cow bell (G#2, 56). If set to KEYBOARD, you can play the sound chromatically using keyboard notes in the range of A1-B2.

KEY adjusts the fundamental tune of the cow bell when TRIG is set to DRUM MAP.

INTERVAL controls the frequency interval between the two sawtooth voices.

DETUNE determines how much the two sawtooth voices drift apart.

TONE controls the balance between sine and sawtooth levels.

SPREAD controls how much the panorama position of one note to the next higher one on keyboard differs. Use Kontakt's standard panorama slider to set the right balance for your mix!
Attached Thumbnails
Attached Files
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

FW SBD-9 – Synthetic Bass Drum Generator

Here's my second Bass Drum Generator. It makes a bass drum sound similar to that from the later revision of a Roland TR-909.

You can't set the Attacking Pitch-Bend by a TUNE knob here, but you can play it chromatically and set the ATTACK click's amplifier level, the bass HOLD time, DECAY time and SUSTAIN level. Plus you can control the shape of the tone by separately setting the CLEAN sine wave level and the DISTORTed wave level.

Attached Thumbnails
Share Samples Here-screenshot.gif  
Attached Files
Old 3 weeks ago
Just in case you need some claps: Here's 11 tracks of them, recorded in ORTF stereo using two Shure KSM137. The tempo is 138 BPM.

License: WTFPL
Attached Files

Claps - stem-glued.wav (2.34 MB, 542 views)

Claps - stem-glued.mp3 (47.6 KB, 614 views)

Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChayaFFM View Post
Anyone know of good places to high quality percussion loops to mangle with? Kontakt libraries are fine also. The weirder the better
High quality and the weirder the better?

Anyway, some 50-60 GB here: https://rhythm-lab.com/ and https://www.musicradar.com/news/tech...-multis-627820
Old 1 day ago
M32
Lives for gear

Free samplepack from Jamie Lidell, in following with Heinbach's Isolation loops initiative

https://jamielidell.bandcamp.com/releases

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search