The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Share Samples Here Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predrag Trpkov View Post
I'm not an expert, self-taught actually, and it was quite a challenge. Took me several hours.

Having long samples certainly helps, but there's a lot of stereo modulation going on. The lower notes were more cooperative, but a couple of higher notes took me around an hour each. It was almost impossible to find two spots/sections in which the waveform is similar enough on both channels and without phase shift.

Once I manage to find the loop points that produce a less pronounced click, I zoom in and shift one of them left or right, by one period (wavelength). If the click becomes softer or mellower I'll repeat it until the click is quiet enough. If it fails I'll zoom out and start elsewhere.

In the MPC Prog Edit Settings I set Loop Lock off and Zero Snap on.

Still couldn't get it perfect, but unless you listen to single notes in isolation it should be OK.
Wow thats a lot of work if you were to go through a whole expansion..I really hope they can come up with a more automated way of doing it but I may use your method on some pads
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Wow thats a lot of work if you were to go through a whole expansion..I really hope they can come up with a more automated way of doing it but I may use your method on some pads
You've shared many great expansions. If a single person were to edit them all it would take forever, but if other MPC heads joined and each one edited just one expansion...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Mono files are always easier to loop.

A perfect "auto-looper" never existed since samplers been around and I highly doubt that'll change any soon.
Old 1 week ago
Here are a bunch of free banks from Bitley. I am mr. Bitley (Patrick)

For Reason:

Dreams Of Robots
DeLight (Demo of WBF R2)
Classix Nouveaux Les Synthesis

For Kontakt 5 Full & Updated:

The Way Beyond Fairlight Kontakt Demo kit (ongoing track making competition with these too)

Brand new FB page at www.facebook.com/bitleysounds if you would like to (hangout of course &) see what else we have & free banks there for PX7 in Reason as well. You will also find more info about the free banks there, work in progress to get it up on the site.

The signature doesn't always show up so I can mention that we've got a brand new site up now at www.bitleysounds.com.

Competition info:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search