The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waldorf Largo
Old 15th February 2018
  #91
Gear Maniac
 
4zet's Avatar
 

Does anyone have a problem with the amp envelop in Largo? Whatever I do the attack always resets to 0 when I reopen the project in logic. I've had the same issue with the previous version and I still have it after updating it to the newest.
Old 15th February 2018
  #92
Gear Guru
 
EvilDragon's Avatar
It's fine over here in Reaper...
Old 15th February 2018 | Show parent
  #93
Lives for gear
 
Brickman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4zet View Post
Does anyone have a problem with the amp envelop in Largo? Whatever I do the attack always resets to 0 when I reopen the project in logic. I've had the same issue with the previous version and I still have it after updating it to the newest.
Yeah had the same problem for years.
Old 15th February 2018 | Show parent
  #94
Gear Maniac
 
4zet's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickman View Post
Yeah had the same problem for years.
And has it ever been solved somehow? Or you simply deleted Largo?
Old 15th February 2018 | Show parent
  #95
Lives for gear
 
Brickman's Avatar
 

Ha! No I still have Largo installed , nothing does brittle & digital like Largo .

Dont think the issue has been solved , but I couldnt say for sure . Im on V1.6 .
Old 15th February 2018 | Show parent
  #96
Lives for gear
 

A few sound examples from presets I made with Largo. My prefered WT soft synth, because it has 'character and attitude'.( Wich might not please everybody, but I enjoy it a lot...)

World of L I

World of L II

World of L III

World of L IV

*The set can be found somewhere on Waldorf site.
Attached Files

kl1.mp3 (6.48 MB, 711 views)

kl2.mp3 (6.41 MB, 685 views)

kl3.mp3 (7.97 MB, 674 views)

kl4.mp3 (9.37 MB, 677 views)

Old 15th February 2018
  #97
Gear Maniac
 
4zet's Avatar
 

I also like it a lot. That is why this bug bothers me...
Old 15th February 2018
  #98
Gear Guru
 
EvilDragon's Avatar
Did you try other DAWs?
Old 15th February 2018 | Show parent
  #99
Gear Maniac
 
4zet's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Did you try other DAWs?
No. It is not that I am in love with logic but that is the one that I used for more than 10 years now and I just got used to it... I may check something though.
Old 15th February 2018 | Show parent
  #100
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4zet View Post
No. It is not that I am in love with logic but that is the one that I used for more than 10 years now and I just got used to it... I may check something though.
A turnaround might be :

Save your preset once it's OK under a new name. Then, after you have reopened your project, just load this preset. Would that work OK for you ?
Old 15th February 2018 | Show parent
  #101
Gear Maniac
 
4zet's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotuZia View Post
A turnaround might be :

Save your preset once it's OK under a new name. Then, after you have reopened your project, just load this preset. Would that work OK for you ?
Yes, I tried that as well but did not work either. Only certain factory presets have higher than 0 amp env attack. But when I save it it just resets.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Old 15th February 2018 | Show parent
  #102
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4zet View Post
Yes, I tried that as well but did not work either. Only certain factory presets have higher than 0 amp env attack. But when I save it it just resets.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
What a weird bug !
So, maybe a solution, but a bit annoying to deploy :

Map a midi controller to the attack parameter wich is "faulty". Before the start of your song, create a small clip where you offset this attack parameter using a Daw automation lane, or your midi controller until it has the right value to match the setting you want (the clip will act as a kind of sub-template of the preset, and will update it automatically)

Would that work for you ?
Old 15th February 2018 | Show parent
  #103
Gear Maniac
 
4zet's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotuZia View Post
What a weird bug !
So, maybe a solution, but a bit annoying to deploy :

Map a midi controller to the attack parameter wich is "faulty". Before the start of your song, create a small clip where you offset this attack parameter using a Daw automation lane, or your midi controller until it has the right value to match the setting you want (the clip will act as a kind of sub-template of the preset, and will update it automatically)

Would that work for you ?
Perfect, thanks!! I did not even need a midi controller for that. Only had to move the faulty slider while the automation view was on in logic and I could fix the parameter other than 0.
Old 15th February 2018 | Show parent
  #104
I revisited my Waldorf synths a few months ago only to find out they are still buggy as hell, but I'm under the impression that they are now serious about ironing out the bugs.

Last edited by raymondwave; 15th February 2018 at 11:32 PM..
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 55 views: 20576
Avatar for IM WHO YOU THINK
IM WHO YOU THINK 13th October 2020
replies: 53 views: 20594
Avatar for buckan
buckan 19th September 2019
replies: 1296 views: 159301
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
replies: 13262 views: 1000129
Avatar for forest_wyvern
forest_wyvern 4 hours ago
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump