The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waldorf Largo
Old 16th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I should have said, zero non-intentional noise.

I have 2 romplers essentially, the Triton Rack and the XV-5080 from Roland. The DACs on these things are REALLY bad and I have tried everything to get them quiet. Luckily, BOTH of these synths do digital out which I now use. MUCH better sounding.
Old 16th January 2009 | Show parent
F5D
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Didn't expect something like this from waldorf. I am also waiting for the Stromberg but I understand why they bring these cheaper products in the market. They must survive! Waldorf, like any other company must face bad times now due to bad economical situation. I really hope that these small companies like Access, Waldorf, Moog music, DSI etc. can keep up the good work and do not go under because the world is like it is right now.

I don't know but I don't really like to use software instruments that much. I like to turn real knobs. heh

I already supporterd Waldorf by purchasing the Blofeld, and I have way too many waldorfs anyway so I probably won't purchase this software. I like the way how the crappy converters alter the sound and produce some noise. I bet an XT as a software would not sound like the real thing just because of the lack of those converters.
Old 18th February 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Has anyone actually caught a street price for this yet?
Old 18th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interface76 View Post
Has anyone actually caught a street price for this yet?
$249 will be the USA street price... current ETA is early April.
Old 19th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
PPG 2.V sounds pretty interesting to me. Attack sounds wonderful. The part of that pack that sucks is d-pole. D-pole sounds like doodoo.
Old 19th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Saying the PPG Wave 2.V sounds like crap is rather blatant. Perhaps not some peeps cup of tea. Low on CPU but after creating patches and adding other plugs than I don't see want the problem is. There sure is a different take on the PPG Wave V2 here than KVR
Old 3rd June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sounds tasty , shame the demos are ummm , pants

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickman View Post
Sounds tasty , shame the demos are ummm , pants
thank god not everyone has taste heh
this planet would become very boring!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hehe , boring indeed , did u write those demos ?

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickman View Post
Hehe , boring indeed , did u write those demos ?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
LMAO
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
I just rofl'd.
Old 4th June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
anyone know if Largo can take Blofeld's presets?
Old 11th June 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
My today's quantum of Largo:

http://www.trippler.net/files/largo/lechiffre.mp3

All sounds including drums from Largo, no additional processing except some compression of the drums.

Just for fun, as always
Old 11th June 2009 | Show parent
Pip
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocT View Post
My today's quantum of Largo:

http://www.trippler.net/files/largo/lechiffre.mp3

All sounds including drums from Largo, no additional processing except some compression of the drums.

Just for fun, as always
Nice I've owned a Q, an XT and all i can say is yes, I currently own no Waldorf synths, but I'm in the market to try again.
Old 12th June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If I was a billionaire I'd approach all these boutique companies like waldorf, spektralis, dsi, etc that have a handful of products on the market each and make one super synth company where they could all work together and drop amazing products at affordable prices that would be the sluttiest synth heaven ever
Old 12th June 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwar View Post
If I was a billionaire I'd approach all these boutique companies like waldorf, spektralis, dsi, etc that have a handful of products on the market each and make one super synth company where they could all work together and drop amazing products at affordable prices that would be the sluttiest synth heaven ever
I've had that same fantasy, except in my dream I become a dark lord that forces everyone to make all the esoteric synths that I want.
Old 18th June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbow73 View Post
I've had that same fantasy, except in my dream I become a dark lord that forces everyone to make all the esoteric synths that I want.
And there you have it, gentlemen: the emergency synth bailout package, and the realistic outcome were it to actually take place. heh

We've got our dark lords (Federal Reserve) bailing out the banks but the kicker is we're the ones funding the bailout only so the rich mother****ers don't lose a few dollars! I'd feel much better about filing income taxes if I were bailing out DSI and Waldorf.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post
We've got our dark lords (Federal Reserve) bailing out the banks but the kicker is we're the ones funding the bailout only so the rich mother****ers don't lose a few dollars!
This exact thing happened in Mexico 15 years ago. The mexican currency went through the floor and the US/peso rate became 3 times higher. I was suddenly unable to keep buying my Xmen comics. I'm sure many other people had a hard time as well.

BTW.- It's not only that "the rich mother****ers don't lose a few dollars"... they will be the ones buying everything during the bailout... with the people's money! And once the economy recovers, they'll have become even richer.
Old 3rd July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Please CLICK to check out my Largo Demos.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzpunk View Post
This is going to be awesome. Can't wait for the 'Digital synth in a box' vs. 'Digital synth in the computer' sound debate!

"Dude, you're like ****ing deaf man. My Digital synth in a box sounds way more digital than your digital synth in a computer. You suck!" heh
At least the "digital synth in a box" does not have the horrid latency of computer based "instruments". Also you get to be a musician instead of a laptop jockey.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
http://www.trippler.net/files/largo/largo9b.mp3

Largo and drums from Spectrasonics Stylus
IM_
Gear Head

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
maybe it sounds damn good if we use Lavry gold on a D/A stage and E.A.R. 824 mic pre
Old 4th July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
interesting demos from you guys. seems like a nice synth. any others have their own demo or have bought and like to share their experience?
Old 4th July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Love that demo! Das ist ja affengeil!

Old 5th July 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixapphire View Post
Stromberg is like a spoon.

There is no spoon.
lol u made my day ^^
Old 6th July 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
A few more Largo sounds:

http://www.trippler.net/files/largo/102a.mp3
Old 6th July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hey Doc-

Since you seem to be working with Waldorf any idea if they will make the Blofeld open Q patches? I was told before it was released this functionality would be included, but it's not and I have heard nothing more about it. It seems the engine is pretty much the same so you would think it should be not difficult and there are lots of Q sounds available in the SoundCorner...
πŸ“ Reply