The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I got a TB-303 !!! Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

I got a TB-303 !!!

haaaaa, im soooo happy.

i just got today Astral Projection TB-303. i just need to learn it a bit .. let the Acid bass begin !

Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

oooh look at the lovely worn cut-off button.. its been abused in the best possible way!

congrats on your purchase
Old 22nd September 2008
Gear Addict

Nice one!!! Welcome to the club...

Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
oooh look at the lovely worn cut-off button.. its been abused in the best possible way!

congrats on your purchase
Thanks ! it been used alot in their albums ... now its going to be on mine heh
Old 22nd September 2008
Gear Addict

erm...

WOW!

you are holding some piece of psytrance/goa history in your hands which makes it way more special too.
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
Thanks ! it been used alot in their albums ... now its going to be on mine heh
is it totally orig or has it mods? (kenton?)
Old 22nd September 2008
Gear Addict

How exactly did you go about scoring their 303? And why don't they need it any more?
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
is it totally orig or has it mods? (kenton?)
original, no mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehuman View Post
How exactly did you go about scoring their 303? And why don't they need it any more?
they are good freinds, they have 2 more besides that one, they are serious gear freaks, in their studio theres more then 50+ vintage keyboards/modules, i think their collcting from 1990 or something like that ..

ive just posted their EMS Synthi for sale (one of them .. ) check in the second hand forum.
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

My advice( I have one) Download and READ the manual!!!! there is no way you can just "play" with it like other synths, drum machine etc... this is a Great sounding box but the way you program on it is less then perfect....enjoy and congrat
Old 22nd September 2008
Wow, welcome to 1996!

Hehe, sorry... good find. I remember when the Astral Projection guys were first posting around message boards in the 90's.
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Meeker View Post
Wow, welcome to 1996!

Too anybody with a Mini, welcome to the 1970s! To anybody with a DX-7, welcome to 1983! To anybody with ANY old synth, welcome to the past!
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

BTW, DO NOT read the manual. It's a confusing blob of Rolandese. There's plenty of simple tutorials online that will help you a lot faster than the manual. I've only ever looked at mine just for the hell of it. It didn't help me one bit. it's also in NM condition. I could probably sell it to some schmuck for $200! =o]
Old 22nd September 2008

Lucky..
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Hazard View Post
BTW, DO NOT read the manual....
...Trust me READ the Manual!!! along with some tutorials on youtube this is the only way to do it if you can't have someone show you how to use it.
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

The manual is a typical Roland POS! If you can make sense of it, cool, if not, go online. But you'll learn quicker with a good video or read tutorial.
Old 22nd September 2008
Quote:
...snip....It's a confusing blob of Rolandese.....snip.... =o]
typical Roland lol
Old 22nd September 2008
I got some astral projections records
congrats on the catch!
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

I don't know what the hell was up with Roland's manuals back in those days. It's like they didn't want anyone to learn their instruments!
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't know what the hell was up with Roland's manuals back in those days. It's like they didn't want anyone to learn their instruments!
Yeah I agree , I tried the manual and it just confused the **** out of me.

It wasn't rocket science to work out how to put it in record mode, click 16 notes and then go back and add the accents , slides and transposes later.

Congrats on the the 303 by the way , I sold mine about 6 years ago and totally regret it :(
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
Yeah I agree , I tried the manual and it just confused the **** out of me.

It wasn't rocket science to work out how to put it in record mode, click 16 notes and then go back and add the accents , slides and transposes later.

Congrats on the the 303 by the way , I sold mine about 6 years ago and totally regret it :(

Yeah I remember when I was learning my mc202..... The manual was a bloody nightmare.

alexP
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

yea, im skipping the manual, its not rocket sciance anyway ... i have to tell ya slutz, this thing is a blast to play heh!!!!
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

how much did you pay for it by the way ?

Every month they seem to get further and further out of my reach.. Checking ebay now and they are going for £1300 for a Buy now. - that's £100 more than I paid for my virus Ti 61 key new!
Old 22nd September 2008
congratulations!!

hahh it lost paint arround cutoff pot, same thing with mine.. it truly is a classic sound. enjoy !
Old 23rd September 2008
Quote:
Too anybody with a Mini, welcome to the 1970s! To anybody with a DX-7, welcome to 1983! To anybody with ANY old synth, welcome to the past!
Yeah but those were popular in their time. 303 didn't become popular until many years later, and then it became kind of played out.

But hey, good find anyways.
Old 23rd September 2008
Here for the gear

Quote:
Wow, welcome to 1996!
No kidding.

Just once I'd love to hear somebody do something with one of those things that hasn't been done to death already, about 147,251 times over.

Whatever. Have fun, make music.

Old 23rd September 2008
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
Yeah but those were popular in their time. 303 didn't become popular until many years later, and then it became kind of played out.
+1

Though i must admit, it can be sometimes entertaining watching people discovering hot water.

Interesting part now in 2008, is how no one tries to do something original with 303, than to repeat what others have already done thousands of times during last 2 decades. Acid was born when people started experimenting with TB. Makes one wonder what kind of experimenting is doing a copy/paste routine.
Old 23rd September 2008
Gear Maniac

I couldnt see the ems synthi on the second hand forum?
I would be very much interested in it
where are you selling it from?

and congrats on the piece of goatrance history,
it may be the one that tickled my head 10 years ago
Old 23rd September 2008
Lives for gear

Congrats!

Cant beat the 303. My favourite analogue synth ever.
Bought mine from music control about 6-7 years ago for £550!

Been listening to a lot of my old tapes from the early 90's.. 303's were all over those records that i love.. its such a special instrument..
Old 23rd September 2008
Gear Addict

respect to the pioneers indeed a historic piece of trance ..
you lucky cosm
tb sound is so overused (though beautiful sounding) , i think i prefer to listen to your bass (do you make them with waldorf btw??)
congats
Old 23rd September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
haaaaa, im soooo happy.

i just got today Astral Projection TB-303. i just need to learn it a bit .. let the Acid bass begin !

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search