The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Replacing Korg Triton Extreme by Korg M3? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 8th December 2007
Lives for gear

Replacing Korg Triton Extreme by Korg M3?

Hi everybody,

I have the opportunity to sell my Korg Triton Extreme 61 to friend and by putting a little extra get the module of the new Korg M3. Has anybody worked with both? Will it be an improvmnet in terms of sound? I am already happy with Triton sounds and use them all the time. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Old 9th December 2007
Gear maniac

i have the m3 61. bad ass board... i've also used all of the tritons. i think the m3 is a nice step forward and a good piece to look at. i know i've gotten more use out of the new features and the it's overall just way more powerful piece than the triton was.

soundwise??? it does sound better and this helps a ton when it comes to the final products more than with each individual sound. the effects are better and the eq and sound control gives you a lot you can do. on almost every sound i crank up the drive (which is kinda what the tube thing did in the extreme) and that knocks of some of that tritonish fluff.

def check it out for yourself though. but i doubt many of the sales people you talk to will be able to show what's really going on. this board will probably be a sleeper for a while.
Old 23rd December 2007
Lives for gear
I just bought it sound amazing to me nice like triton with balls like it so far I think it will be big.
Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

is this an easy fella to get into this m3 - only i just ordered one for the studio with the radias board...!

Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

I only had a brief encounter with the M3, but for what it's worth, Triton Extreme had a better keyboard action. Sounds were of the same quality, no problems there.
Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

I think that the M3 is one of the worst keyboards ever - construction wise. I mean look at this thingy they placed for a joystick. Knobs cheap, pads cheap...

Your choice...
Old 19th September 2008
Gear addict

I think of the M3 as essentially a mix of the Karma and Triton Extreme. I think their sounds are mediocre at best, but if you like the way Tritons sound, the M3 sounds slightly better. Unless you're going to use the Karma engine and those plastic buttons from the Oasys, I'd just stick with your Extreme.
Old 20th September 2008
Gear maniac

'Karma', the last refuge of the failed 'wedding band' keyboardist.
Old 20th September 2008
Lives for gear

That is what I figured too. I kept my Extreme and think was the right decision.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search