The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Module/Trigger Package for live use (rock music) Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Head

Module/Trigger Package for live use (rock music)

Hi all,
I'm very new to this, so pardon me if this question is stupid. My band Darling (Darling if you want to check it out) finished our demo, and it has a decent amount of loops, extra vocals and lead synth parts that we'd like to use in our live show without having to have a keyboard player live. We'd like a drum module and trigger interface to make this happen. The problem is, nobody at stupid evil hell guitar center knows anything about these, so here I am.

What I imagine happening is loading the tracks from the studio into the module, and then being able to plug in 2 triggers (so that our drummer can have one, and someone up front can have one, should a sample need to happen in the middle of a fill and our drummer can't get to the trigger pad). This ideal module would be able to sequence the samples, so that it knows that the first hit on a trigger is for the verse, the 2nd hit on the trigger is for the chorus, the 3rd hit for the bridge, etc etc. Ideally, i'd be able to load each song into a bank, so that the drummer can switch the module to whatever song or "bank" we're on. Is this possible, and if so what do I need to pull it off?

Thanks,
Oscar
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Head

anyone?

Anyone? any help here...we'd really appreciate your time...thanks
Old 14th September 2007
Here for the gear

not sure how much use this will be if you already have samples that you want to play back - but what you are describing is very like what my band use.

the setup is a cheap 'ion' brand drum pad from ebay, which is plugged into the audio input of a clavia nord micro modular. the raw input from the pad needs a bit of treatment to get clean triggers, which can be done inside the nord. a lot of the patches I have made use sequencing to play multiple sounds at different points in one song.
Old 14th September 2007
drum pad sampler setups get kinda complicated live. run a search. there are several threads.

prolly the simplest solution to what yer going for would be one of these:
Buy Roland SPD-S Sampling Percussion Pad online at Musician's Friend

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search