The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools ? DAW Software
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Head

Pro Tools ?

Yo.

Im just gettin' into the whole sampling/midi scene, and I have a few questions. However we'll knock em out one by one.

I can't seem to understand why when I load a loop into Pro Tools, when I adjust the tempo in the transport window, the loops' tempo remains the same.

How can I fix that little issue, since Im missing something.

Respect.
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Addict

realtime Timestrech

the only few softwares i know that do make realtime Timestrech linked to the tempo of the song/project are sony acid & vegas

quality ?
the best timestrech algorithm sound so far ive heard its MPEX created by prosoniq, inclued by standar in nuendo 2. and others
etc...
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1234 View Post
Yo.

Im just gettin' into the whole sampling/midi scene, and I have a few questions. However we'll knock em out one by one.

I can't seem to understand why when I load a loop into Pro Tools, when I adjust the tempo in the transport window, the loops' tempo remains the same.

Respect.
Pro Tools doesn't automatically adjust audio regions to tempo changes. If this is something you'll be doing alot of, do yourself a favor and check out Ableton Live. Great program and a nice compliment to Pro Tools.
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yo.

Respect.
Just wait for the next update of PT.
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Head

Word.

Thanks a lot all. I have noticed that PT is starting to feature a lot more midi options with their updates so maybe if I wait a little bit longer I won't have to spend more money.

I have heard that Beat Detective is a good tool to use to have the session match the tempo of a given loop. However I don't even know where to begin with that tool, so back to the drawing board.

I suppose I could use the free ableton version that I was given just for playing my loops and using the tempo features within it.

I've got another question for all you gearheads out there.

Battery 3 which I use within Pro Tools. I was curious if there was a way to send certain cells to an individual track like you can do within strike?

Stay Fresh.
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Maniac

yes, select the appropriate output in the cell dialog in battery. 1-2, 3-4 etc.

then on your track that you have setup to record (or an aux) you select input--->plugin---->battery XX whichever one you want.

this is off the top of my head as i'm not in front of my rig right now but i'm pretty sure that's close.
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Use TCE tool in the tool bar or chop it up with beat detective, real time timestrech algos doesnt sound that good anyway IMO.
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Head

Cool.

Thanks for the battery tip. I will try it out asap.

Fredrick.

I will try the TCE tool. Maybe that will solve all my problems.

Respect.
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Stop being lazy and launch that free copy of Live that came with Pro Tools! Once you get over the learning curve you will not want to use anything else for manipulating loops.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Head

I know I know...That is my biggest issue. I will give it a shot. That way after using each technique I can then decide what is best for me.

Thanks again Jazzpunk for makin' me get off my lazy ass and get the disc. lol

Peace Easy.
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I know I know...That is my biggest issue. I will give it a shot. That way after using each technique I can then decide what is best for me.

Thanks again Jazzpunk for makin' me get off my lazy ass and get the disc. lol

Peace Easy.
Check these out;

http://www.ableton.com/pages/movies/movies?type=live

Some of these functions are supposedly coming to Pro Tools but until then, Live makes a fast and creative 'sketch pad'.

Brew a big pot of coffee and dig in!
Old 11th September 2007
theother
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxy View Post
the only few softwares i know that do make realtime Timestrech linked to the tempo of the song/project are sony acid & vegas

quality ?
the best timestrech algorithm sound so far ive heard its MPEX created by prosoniq, inclued by standar in nuendo 2. and others
etc...
Sonar does this too in realtime.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Head

Jazzpunk.

Those videos sure do help. I am gonna give her a whirl tonite when I get home, Ive got some loops that I can't get to continuously loop in Battery for some reason, so Im gonna see how Ableton does.

As far as other programs such as Sonar, Vegas, and Acid. If I remember correctly those programs are PC only, since I have a mac it kind of cancels those out. Plus why throw down more money after the cost of Pro Tools.

Respect.

Nick
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search