The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lusine Production Studio Headphones
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Lusine Production

Hi There,

I have been listening to Lusine's Serial hodgepodge album recently and was struck near dumb by how good it sounds. The sounds are so sharp and clear the bass is so deep punchy and tight. Needless to say the musicianship has much to do with it the right choice of sounds. I find when i listen to my own productions that bass is flabby the mids and hi's are duller but annoyingly sound harsher. Any the overall volume is quieter. I'm I monitoring too loud? adding too much bass??

Any insights on how he go's about his mixing or any technique's employed that i may be missing would be useful.

Cheers
K
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

They key is choosing the right sounds in the first place and making use of the frequency spectrum.
I was speaking with a friend of mine who did a lot of programing for Gwen Stefani and the likes, and he kept stressing that point to me.
You shouldn't be working too hard to make things sound good. Just minor tweaking here and there..
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisstoff View Post
Hi There,

I have been listening to Lusine's Serial hodgepodge album recently and was struck near dumb by how good it sounds. The sounds are so sharp and clear the bass is so deep punchy and tight. Needless to say the musicianship has much to do with it the right choice of sounds. I find when i listen to my own productions that bass is flabby the mids and hi's are duller but annoyingly sound harsher. Any the overall volume is quieter. I'm I monitoring too loud? adding too much bass??

Any insights on how he go's about his mixing or any technique's employed that i may be missing would be useful.

Cheers
K
He's got a great sound indeed!

Give every sound his own place, EQ is verry important.
It's better to search for the perfect sounds for days & days than to settle with someting you have to tweak alot to get a great result.
He also uses alot of subtile fx, that make some sounds more alive.
For the bottem end, just use the best synth you've got and start tweaking...
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

You're talking about Lusine who released stuffs on Ghostly?
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Maniac

yes, that's the Guy
Old 8th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I have a buddy who spoke with him about production for a while a couple of years back.
All I remember is that he's *really* fond of the izotope plugins, particularly ozone. Pretty sure he's a reaktor head as well......
Old 8th September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisstoff View Post
I have been listening to Lusine's Serial

It could be a variety of things, including the use of hi-end converters and preamps. Mastering is also another area where sounds are brought up and out from a mix.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search