The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vintage Beat Box Virtual Instrument?
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Vintage Beat Box Virtual Instrument?

I have an old organ that has those goofy, but not useless, drum sounds. You all know what I mean, nothing banging, just funky little rhythms. It has the different style buttons on it that change the patterns. Classic setup, I have seen it in many organs.

I am interested in integrating such sounds, mostly for character, into some songs. I have heard songs by Air and similar bands that use these sounds.

Is there an RTAS V.I. or something that emulates these old vintage beat boxes? Mine has a snare kill, a hihat/cymbol kill and other features that are fun to play with. I was hoping there was an all inclusive something like this rather than having to use samples because the fun to me is in the simplicity.

The kicker is it needs to be RTAS and on OSX.

Right now I am interested in a virtual instrument as I said above but down the road I would be interested in a beat box with such vintage sounds and MIDI. Does anyone know if such a box exists? Mine is from WELL before MIDI unfortunately so I am not sure if these goofy old rhytms were ever brought into the MIDI era.

Let me know what you all know and I will thank you for it!

Peace out fellow SYNTH SLIZZISTAS!
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Addict

sample them with a lynx two/l22

make a sound font2 with awave
use v-sampler
or use d-dev.com ruction
Old 8th September 2007
Yeh not a bad idea to just sample them if you like em.

However you should also definitely check out the optigan soundbanks. I forget who puts them out, but there full of old sounding rhythm backing tracks your talking about.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search