The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NI Komplete 4: Is it worth the $$ or is there other options Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

NI Komplete 4: Is it worth the $$ or is there other options

Thinking of picking up the NI Komplete package, is it worth the money.

Since I upgraded my MAC to a new Intel Xeon my version of Battery 3 is not supported, needles to say it's unregistered. I figure since I've used it less then a year now and like Battery 3 I might as well buy it. I was also in the market for a sampler and really digged the Kontakt (only played around with their demo version).

So I figure just grab the Komplete 4 package and I should be good. Unless of course some of you can recommend alternatives for the same money or less?

Thanks
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Maniac
you could buy battery and kontact separately... but it will run you pretty much half the price of Komplete just for two plugins... heck man, If I had the cash, I'd get the whole package! guitar rig 2 is seriously seriously sweet.

ps> got the new comp eh? guess you can start working on that remix now eh?heh
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Addict

depends,

priority list: great soundcard lynx two/l22 or aes16+ua 2192 or aurora8, powerful cpu, novation remote 61 sl with automap + novation bass station plugin

theres a millon altarnatives for PC WinXP, depends
kvraudio.com

Vintage Synth Explorer
if you re looking for old vintage replica sound, arturia.com wayoutware.com korg legacy collection, audiorealism abl v2, d16 , rebirth museum free rebirth 338, etc....
etc..etc................................etc...........................etc.................
Old 7th September 2007
it's a nice package but I would have never paid $1300 for it.
yaay for NFR's.
Old 8th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I upgraded from Komplete 2 to 4 about a month back and I say its worth it. Currently im loving Guitar Rig 2, Battery 3 is a good improvement over 2, FM8 I find alot more user friendly compared to FM7. Akoustic Piano, Elektrik Piano and B4II all do the business and Pro 53, Reaktor 5 I use all the time.
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Hey,

I like NI stuff. Most of the sounds (instruments, FX, etc) are usable.

Cheers
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Head

I agree with the statement, "if you have the cash, go for it". I mean Absynth, Massive, and Battery 3 will cost you about $700. So if you throw twice as much you get about three times the instruments.

I myself, like Guitar Rig, Massive, the B4 II the most. As wll as the FM8, so it would get my vote.

I heard you get 12 gigs of samples as well, so not too shabby. In the end you make the decision.

Respect.
Old 11th September 2007
Jsx
Gear Maniac

All of the historical symptoms for a new product release abound, such as price cuts for Battery 3 and Guitar Rig 2, not to mention that this time of year has been when NI generally releases a new Komplete package. If you're looking to save money and if Komplete 5 does come out soon, Komplete 4 will likely be retailing with a massive price cut as they try to get it out of inventory. If you don't have the need to be on the bleeding edge of technology you may want to consider that option, particularly since it could save you a great deal of money.
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsx View Post
If you don't have the need to be on the bleeding edge of technology you may want to consider that option, particularly since it could save you a great deal of money.

That's a nice tid bit of info. I'll wait and see what the rumors are for the new release, but I really can't wait to long, I have allot of production due in order to meet release dates.

I'll probably end up just getting battery 3 for now, which is really what I'm mssing. Cubase's LM-7 just isn't cutting it, LOL. I've been doing my tracks with that for now, and will change my midi channels to battery 3 when I grab it.
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Addict

KOMPLETE 5

Well here you go!!!!
Komplete 5 is out already!!!!!!

www.native-instruments.com

Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

and just to think that if I hadn't posted and waited for some responses I would of bought Komplete 4 last week . WICKED thx for the heads up.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search