The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RME FF400 + Macbook Pro Audio Interfaces
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Maniac

RME FF400 + Macbook Pro

Hi There, I'm just about to spalsh out on a FF400 to go with my Mac book Pro + liquid mix, external Avastor HD setup. Anyone know of any reason why this wouldn't be a great Idea. I'm a bit edgey as I've had a nightmare with My TC Konnekt 24D so i want to get something thats rock solid and sounds Good.

I will also be moving to Logic 7.2 for studio duties and leaving Live 6 for gigs, don't know if that has any bearing.

Cheers
Krisstoff
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

I use a Fire-Face 400 with my Mac-Book Pro and Logic 7.2 and it's a perfect combo!
They sound very good..
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Maniac

That's good to hear - cheers man.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Addict

I have the Fireface 800 and I have used the Multiface Hammerfall with my older Powerbook. I love RME! Never ever have they let me down. No problems what so ever and from what I've heard this isn't because I'm lucky, they seem to have really, reallty solid drivers. Oh, it sounds really good too. I don't think you will be disapointed if you go ahead and buy the FF400, I'm thinking about getting one for my mobile rig as well..
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Addict

I'm rocking the exact same rig and also using logic pro and live 6. I can't say enough about the FF400! It does sound excellent!
Old 6th September 2007
HJK
Gear Head

RME make some very good quality converters and the drivers are usually solid.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Addict

My current mobile rig is a FF400, Macbook Pro, running Cubase 4. I use two 500GB external Glyph drives. This system is quiet, stable and I have never had a glitch. The firewire drivers on the FF400 are rock solid. You won't be sorry.

Scott
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Cool - I'll get the credit card... Cheers guys much appreciated.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search