The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for softwarfe to replace hardware.... Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 27th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
Well a friend of mine ..
2me this is the best avatar I've ever seen in my entire life!
Old 27th November 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers View Post
true, but im talking about for example the sound of the 909 for electronic and hiphop music. why do we use the 808 or 909 for hiphop and electronic music? when in 1986 or so everyone hated it. it was picked up in pawn shops and sold for cheap to make new music. the new music became popular and now a 909 is about a grand or so.

or why neve and certain instruments that relate to albums that sold millions, stuff from the beatles, pink floyd etc. they sound good but they have a sound that people are after. that "colored" sound.
what is the key element in the success of the x0x rolands is that with these boxes people made a new kind of music. not just rock with some different electronic sounds, as was the intention of the designers. a whole new fking SPECIES. (well sort of - you get my drift) IOW it was abused
The point is that any capable machine with a fat sequencer and signature sound would've done the trick. And still will do. the 808 is cool and does what it does really well. but there's WAY more out there. I love the 808 but a LOT of unimaginative trash was made with it as well.
IMHO

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search