The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
very loud noise on audio tracks
Old 2nd September 2007
Here for the gear

very loud noise on audio tracks

hello, i have a problem here, i hope someone might know what it is about.
when i open my projects in nuendo some of the audio tracks and some frozen midi tracks just spit out some kind of (white?) noise at full volume, it is very irritating, both for the ears and the mind, becouse i cant finnish the songs :(
this only happens with multitrack stuff, so not when just listening to music or watching movies , or if i just have midi tracks in the project.
this problem kind of crept in on me during the last weeks, could my soundcard be broken? or is there any other reason for this to happen?

thank you

v
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Addict

steinberg nuendo technical support?

have you called steinberg nuendo technical support?
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Addict

?

what sound card do you have?
what drivers are you using in nuendo?
what settings have those drivers?
what pc do you have?
motherboard?
bios ver.?
what os?
what cpu?
what hard drive ?
what cables sata? 80pin ata or 40pin ata?
have you tested you hd with hdtach 3 ?
video card ? drivers version ?
is soundcard sharing IRQs?
et..etc..etc..etc..
Old 2nd September 2007
Here for the gear

no i have not called nuendo support as i assume its not about nuendo, i think its my soundcard that is broken, i just thought if anyone had that happen to them (audio turns to noise), i guess i will just have to go to the store and say its broken.
btw i have

terratec phase88fw asio driver
e6600 running a fairly new xp (-07)
asus p5w hd deluxe
samsung sata (dunno pins)
msi nx7600gt
nuendo 3
dunno bios
novation remote sl (doesnt matter really, but i use thier universal automap stuff wich work fantastic for me, but who knows what the prob is...)
soundcard charing irq's hm.. i have no idea
worked like a charm everything until couple weeks back

just downloaded this hdtach 3, thanks for the tip, will check right now..who knows, maybe bad drive, but dunno, its just a few months old. but i have no problem recording new tracks as long as i stay in the project it seems, if i reopen it some days later a few tracks will kill my ears with very loud noise, kind of chocking experience every time. im clueless.

thank you

v

edit: sorry for inadequate info first time
Old 2nd September 2007
Here for the gear

after running the test i wasnt entire sure what to look for but what i saw was that random access was at 16.5ms and i have 9.6ms latency in my asio driver, can this make any difference?
(i got "ok" on all 4 parts of the test, both 8 and 32)
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

I've had this happen to to tracks with clips that were normalized. For some reason or another, some of the clips did'nt normalize correctly and were nothing but full scale white noise. And the clips looked that way too.

In this case, I had to revert to backup copies of the clip data. This was'nt New-Endo but if one DAW can stumble this way, New-Endo might as well.

Just sayin.

:Ron

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search