The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nomad Factory Plugins Dynamics Plugins
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Maniac
Nomad Factory Plugins

anyone else like the FAT compressor? It seems to be working for me for things like bass, and anything else that I want nice and snappy... Definetly not a bus compressor. Just curious to see what other people think about the Nomad 'Blue Tubes' and 'Liquid Factory' lineup... right now I'm kinda stuck with limited plugs on my computer... Nomad, waves, & ozone 3

would love some PSP stuff! please pretty please! :p
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Addict

dont like the nomadfactory sound at all

ive A/B tested allmost all digital compressors, i dont like the nomadfactory sound to me sounds like no 3d no headroom, smashed & easy distorted
the tape emulation its a joke, in the mastering bundle

voxengo tape bus its way better, also cakewalk fx-2, even ozone tape or arboretum hyperprism tape its way better than my ex- tc electronic finalizer plus v.2 DRG+ plugin

compressors and eq, reverbs depends on the sound you are after/looking for:
you are lookinig the old dark sound or the new clean sound ?
old dark: waves rcomp, waves ssl-4000

i like verry much the warm , big , transparent but warm of :

Kjaerhus Audio - Professional Audio Plug-ins GCO-1 i can be inserted 96 stereo in a core 2 duo with rme hdsp9632 asio drivers
ssl duende similar to GCO-1 with less options
tc electronic new tube-tech compressor for powercore, sounds similar to GCO-1 with less options
Antress Modern Plugins has an amazing free vdme 160, dbx 160 replica ! its darker than gco-1 but warmer, similar to waves rcomp but with dbx knee curves
crysonic Spectra'phy , sounds verry nice
Sound Burst - FX4U 2.0 Vol.3 protocomp its simple but has a diferent color between GCO-1 and sonictimeworks.com compressor-x
korg legacy mde-x verry nice
the free ssl plugin KVR: Solid State Logic LMC-1 - Virtual Effect
focusrite saffire v2 plugins Focusrite: Product Overview
also have diferent color, similar to sony vegas plugins
yamaha 01x vsst plusin also nice compressor, the eq its limited but nice sometimes if combined with a geq-7 for example
behringer ddx3216 has a verry nice sound
sadly sonicflavours dont have a compressor, but the deq7 sounds great, like in between ddx3216 and geq7
tritone digital has a nice IR plugins like focusrite liquid mix

havent tryed:
Chandler Limited EMI TG12413 Limiter KVR: Chandler Limited EMI TG12413 Limiter - Virtual Effect
sonnox sony oxfor plugins exept the inflator, that i dont like
urs Classic Console Strip Pro could be verry nice, i dont like the other urs plugins sound

the new waves.com V and api series could be nice,

KVR: Database Query
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Addict

pspaudioware.com uhmmm

i own psp masterq but i dont like it, never use it,
i also own lexicon 42 and psp 84, sounds vintage, dark delays, sometimes nice, sometimes i like more the korg mde-x delays
i had the real lexicon pcm-42, sold it when i hear the psp lexicon 42-84 delay demos

the dark delays are nice when u want to create like a shadow to the instrument
but when u want to add sparkles , dark delays dont work as good unles you dosome heavy eq

also
the free pariseq1.1 has a verry nice output distortion/overload, similar to ozone eq sat turned on, but warmer and transparent,
sadly cannot work with multiple-cpus turned on i the host software:
http://homepage.mac.com/osxlover/Par.../ParisEQ11.zip

also i like the t-racks clipper, verry wrm sometimes, i dont like the eq,
the compressor its warm but blurr, the limiter its darker
Old 2nd September 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchey View Post
right now I'm kinda stuck with limited plugs on my computer... Nomad, waves, & ozone 3

would love some PSP stuff! please pretty please! :p
what exactly do you mean by this?
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

Indeed. If it means what it sounds like it means, I don't think this is the kind of forum you are looking for. Check the posting rules.
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Maniac
relax, i'm not asking for an ftp link or anything... maybe i should have put a more appropriate smilie?

As far as price goes the New Blue Tubes3 Stuff looks pretty reasonable.. but how does it compare to the UAD stuff? I mean, for almost the same price I can get the basic dynamic effects and a DSP board.. but I keep reading about people running out of power on their UAD cards and needing another one.. this poses the question is DSP really worth it? Do the effects sound that much better because the have the UA name on them?
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

The HF control on the Blue Tubes "Pultec" emulations sounds like an exciter. I occasionally use it (sparingly) to bring out a little zing on snare, or some sparkle on acoustic guitars.

Ben B
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Addict

do yourself the A/B Test

in the Universal Audio | News & Press | Front Page News most plugins, have DRY and WET .mp3 and .wav demos of each plugin and screen shots! of the settings!!!!

download them with OrbitDownloader or others,

import to separate tracks,
in the DRY track do the same settings with kjerhusaudio.com golden demos,

results, kjaerhusaudio.com beats UAD-1 and any other

the 1176 compressor has a coloration becouse its non flat freq. response,
you can clone that 1176 EQ with izotope ozone linear phase matching EQ

easy just select fft 8000 infinite 0% overlap and take snapshots of the dry and the wet files
then click dry snapshot as source and the other to destination
select matching and 100% wet 0% smooth
+ GCO-1, and sounds better
even you can recreate that EQ with betters non linear phase eqs like DQ7, GEQ-7 and sounds even better!

also tcelectronic.com has a new powercore plugin, a Tube-Tech replica,
with DRY & WET files, vs. kjaerhusaudio.com GCO-1 ?
sounds the same
but...
GCO-1 has more important options to tweak, and you can insert over 96x GCO-1 in a CORE 2 DUO 2.13GHz
with RME HDSP.9632 Asio Drivers

focursrite liquid mix, ssl duende, uad-1, tc powercore
none can have 96x hi quality compressors
and you can use fx-max teleport to link other pcs, and have over 1000x

the best EQs SonicFlavours DQ7 and Kjaerhusaudio GEQ-7
thay have diferent sound but sound better than any other, exept ddx3216
best compressor Kjaerhusaudio GCO-1
best trance gate, audio damage bigseq or kjaerhusaudio GAG-1
tlaudio eq1 replica, steinberg tlaudio eq1 or kjaerhusaudio GAC-1 Q full wide
best clean filters DQ7, or analog GEQ-7 but limited to 1kHz
best filterbank replica basement arts frantic filter or creamware interpole or tone2 filter3 or pspaudioware nitro
best tube replica voxengo warmifier,
best tape ? voxengo tabe bus, cakewalk fx2, izotope ozone tape, arboretum hyperprism tape
best vocoder arboretum hyperprism 2.5
tc electronics had a tc fireworks demo cd, the track 26 was dry vocoder signals L voice R synth, extracted, imported and used all vocoders i could test, arboretum hyperprism2.5 vocoder beats all others, waves, nuendo, akai, etc...

sadly pc reverbs does not sound as good as vintage reverbs like ensoniq dp4 or lexicon pcm60,70,81,92,300l,480l , yamaha fx900, spx90, lxp15, etc..
but ik multimedia CSR hall sounds verry good, pretty close
or 2016 Plate Reverb from... ummmm cant remember, princeton digital
sadly its mono,
sonictimeworks reverbs for creamware sound verry close
in gearslutz are the A/B test files somewhere
also here are the uad-1 plater vs. lexicon pcm60, uad-1 sounds like crap

ive A/B tested over 90% of all digital EQ, and compressors
there are over 200 each.
KVR: Virtual Instruments, Virtual Effects, VST Plugins, Audio Units (AU), DirectX (DX), Universal Binary Compatibility - Audio Plugin News, Reviews and Community
kvraudio.com
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Addict

best exiter?

the 4front auxiter sounds verry good, better than any other exiter ive tested so far: full range or internal hi pass filter
tc electronics finaizer plus v2 DRG+, bbe sonic maximizer, arboretum hyperprism exiter, camel phat 3.x, korg mde-x sound verry close, steinberg mastering edition spectralizer sound verry good but diferent not as higher, crysonic sounds analog but distorts easy, prosonic, ozone retro, obertone refx SpectriX , pspaudioware, rgc:audio hi.frq. stimulator, oxfordinflator, starplugs, etc...etc...etc...etc...

triton colortone its diferent,
voxengo 12ax7a warmifier + dq7 hipass filters sound a bit better than 4front auxiter, but needs a separate channel and a aux/bus send

Old 7th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Wow, your posts keep impressing me. DQ7 I tried, really very good.

I wonder how you compare it to sonalksis or ultrafunk.
Old 15th October 2007
Gear Nut

i'd stay away from the new bluetubes stuff. it's no good on drums, pretty much no good. i used it on vocals, drums, bass. no matter which one i used it was just putting out some crazy noises. not quite clipping, not quite popping. just weird random clicks. even when i dropped the input level before each plug. but, that's just my experience. otherwise, the older bluetubes stuff was great for specific stuff. i still use the driver every chance i get.
Old 26th December 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxy View Post
ive A/B tested allmost all digital compressors, i dont like the nomadfactory sound to me sounds like no 3d no headroom, smashed & easy distorted
the tape emulation its a joke, in the mastering bundle

voxengo tape bus its way better, also cakewalk fx-2, even ozone tape or arboretum hyperprism tape its way better than my ex- tc electronic finalizer plus v.2 DRG+ plugin

compressors and eq, reverbs depends on the sound you are after/looking for:
you are lookinig the old dark sound or the new clean sound ?
old dark: waves rcomp, waves ssl-4000

i like verry much the warm , big , transparent but warm of :

Kjaerhus Audio - Professional Audio Plug-ins GCO-1 i can be inserted 96 stereo in a core 2 duo with rme hdsp9632 asio drivers
ssl duende similar to GCO-1 with less options
tc electronic new tube-tech compressor for powercore, sounds similar to GCO-1 with less options
Antress Modern Plugins has an amazing free vdme 160, dbx 160 replica ! its darker than gco-1 but warmer, similar to waves rcomp but with dbx knee curves
crysonic Spectra'phy , sounds verry nice
Sound Burst - FX4U 2.0 Vol.3 protocomp its simple but has a diferent color between GCO-1 and sonictimeworks.com compressor-x
korg legacy mde-x verry nice
the free ssl plugin KVR: Solid State Logic LMC-1 - Virtual Effect
focusrite saffire v2 plugins Focusrite: Product Overview
also have diferent color, similar to sony vegas plugins
yamaha 01x vsst plusin also nice compressor, the eq its limited but nice sometimes if combined with a geq-7 for example
behringer ddx3216 has a verry nice sound
sadly sonicflavours dont have a compressor, but the deq7 sounds great, like in between ddx3216 and geq7
tritone digital has a nice IR plugins like focusrite liquid mix

havent tryed:
Chandler Limited EMI TG12413 Limiter KVR: Chandler Limited EMI TG12413 Limiter - Virtual Effect
sonnox sony oxfor plugins exept the inflator, that i dont like
urs Classic Console Strip Pro could be verry nice, i dont like the other urs plugins sound

the new waves.com V and api series could be nice,

I have to concur with Sexxy on Antress and kjaerhusaudio, and for the folks out there talking smack about the poor kiddo in Taiwan writing these apps, go get your faaking head examined. He's doing a great approximate job, and BTW I own most of the analog gear on his list. I'm gonna send him a contribution for his efforts because the laborer is worthy of his wages, and he is trying very very hard to help all of you knuckelheads out there to save you some money in a market where you can go broke buying all the high end UAD and SSL and other stuff that you'll probably never know how to use properly anyway because most of you guys and gals are over eq'ing and over compressing and over saturating and over fattening and over masturbating everything from the tube mic thru the tube pre thru all the fat faaking plugs all the way to the end of the fat faaking nightmare masterpiece.

I have tried all the Chandler and the entire URS EQ and Comp enchilada package for over three months on numerous projects and got rid of all of it. They are ok nut nothong to write home about. Nothing that Andress can't do on par. I don't like the Waves bundles either. I don't like faaking dongles for anything. When a company creates a dongle connected to their software, it automatically tells me that that they are totally insecure of themselves and their product.

I understand there's a lot of wares codebreakers out there but you know what? Whoever is downloading that crap is not an audio professional anyway doing this for a living. They are probably at home jerking off in jagoff producerland making electronica music to play at their next animal tranquilizer induced rave party this weekend as they burn out the rest of their faaking useless brain cells anyway. Who gives a faak.

If a software developer does anything but create a dual pin/pass/ authentication system to activate a software program, then guess what? ITS FAAKING OVERPRICED AND OVERRATED! Ozone 4 and Alloy are probably
the best thing that hit the pro audio market lately and look at the price? You kidding me? Amazing company and amazing low cpu usage software, vision, and understanding. of the requirements. KUDOS!!!!!

If you get Ozone 4 32/64 Bit and Alloy and couple that with Antress and kjaerhusaudio you will be in good shape in plugorama w/o having to dish out the big buck for the big name brand stuff. If you can't make a decent record witn these alone, then find something else to do.

PS. Rumor has it they are in dire need of field sanitation engineers in Passaic, Newark, Jersey and Union Cities. Caveat, you'll need to join the union, but WTF, it'll pay the rent right and feed our fat ugly wife and ugly kids too right? .... BTW the real sleeper out there that is totally blowing my faaking mind these days is DSM - Dynamic Spectrum Mapper @

Pro Audio DSP - Professional Audio Plugins - Audio Units, Pro Tools and VST for Mac and PC.

Another dire caveat though, it requires a dongle hanging from the USB port and I only have 6 of these available and they are all spoken for plugged into more important hardware, and not a sigle sofwtare dongle! Now imagine that huh? But for all you cats out there loving the USB dongle S&M sexual bondage trip its there for you to explore. Amazing piece of technology otherwise. Anyways

That's my two cents-

Hope I pissed somebody off at the end of 2009, hey but if not,
we've got all of 2010 to spend together ....

Happy 2010 all -

~skygod~

PPS. They finally found a good place to put Obama's picture on a public currency. It's called the 'Foodstamp' and it's totally appropriate since 2010 will probably be reckoned as the year of the foodstamp in America.

~skygod~

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search