The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My Dream Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Guru

My Dream

In my dream, I am watching television when a news story comes on about some guy who is the hot musician/producer. His "thing" is that he uses some common small, cheap, little looping/keyboard/groovebox toy as the starting point for most of his productions. I am watching this and thinking, "hell, I could do THAT!"

What is the keyboard/toy in the dream?
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Closest thing I can think of would be an MPC1000 with an oxygen 8 or something.......

The only "thing" that will get you on tv is big cheekbones and big tits.....No "toy" is ever going to make a "hot" producer unless he/she smokes pole litteraly and metaphorically for his opportunities.
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuehler View Post
Closest thing I can think of would be an MPC1000 with an oxygen 8 or something.......

The only "thing" that will get you on tv is big cheekbones and big tits.....No "toy" is ever going to make a "hot" producer unless he/she smokes pole litteraly and metaphorically for his opportunities.
well, as a true gearslut, my dream was about the gear. the guy was generic, I don't recall what he looked like, but the gear had certain qualities. It seemed cheap. practically a toy. I think cheaper than an MPC. It wasn't so much a sampler as it was a groovebox. The 'music' was built in and what you did with the controls was create variations.

The TV news story was about how the guy used it for inspiration, but replaced a lot of the sounds for the actual production.
Old 25th August 2007
I think you had a wet dream about BT using ACID LOOPS on a laptop when he accidentally discovered the stut-ter edit as he was having an orgasm talking about it. heh
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search