The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What Do You Use For PT LE Automation? Control Surfaces
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

What Do You Use For PT LE Automation?

As I recently discovered, mapping midi controllers to record automation in PT LE is not really possible. I can play my virtual instruments with my current controllers but it won’t record the button turning in the automation lane. I think this is totally absurd that Digidesign doesn’t make this easy, but oh well, maybe the reason for this goes over my head, certainly doesn’t surprise me….. Anyway, this leaves me in search of a controller that supports HUI, I believe. Correct me if I am wrong here.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
All I really want is a knob that will control the automation lane. So if I set the automation lane to a filter in a virtual synth, I want to set track to WRITE and than hit play, turn knob and have motions automated.<o:p></o:p>
I have seen the obvious choices such as the Mackie controller and the Alphatrack. Let me know if there are any less obvious ones I may have missed Just wondering what you all use and prefer. <o:p></o:p>
I would also like to know if getting a more complex controller such as the Mackie Universal would be useful for electronic music. The old style Mackie controllers are fairly cheap these days. Thanks slizzites! <o:p></o:p>

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search