The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland JP-8000 Help Keyboard Workstations
Old 18th August 2007
Here for the gear

Roland JP-8000 Help

Hi all I have a JP8000 that I record sounds off of, but I haven't been able to get my sequencer (Acid Pro 6 or Ableton Live 6) to control it's tempo so that I can make proper use of its arpeggiator.

The JP8000 doesn't have a digital tempo selector so the knob that is provided can only get you into the ballpark as far as bpm goes. Am I not understanding something?

I have the keyboard plugged into a midisport usb interface that goes into the computer. I try to send the timeclock signal from the sequencer and the keyboard seems to be switched on so that it can receive a midi clock from an outside master.

It did seem to sync correctly to the tempo of the Roland Fantom-S that I had hooked up to it for awhile, but my buddy took that kit home. Will I need to get another hardware piece just control the tempo of the JP8000?

Thanks in advance for you help!

-Tony
Old 19th August 2007
Gear Addict

I have a JP8000 and am curious about this as well....
Old 19th August 2007
Gear Maniac

hold the shift button down while adjusting the tempo knob

then proceed to keep the shift button held down whilst fine tuning the tempo using with the "DOWN" "UP" buttons which are used to scroll thru banks.
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

Do you have the JP8000 set as slave or master?
Old 19th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Midiclock

I did sync the JP-8000 to midiclock comming from PT so many times... the thing was surfing round roland's sub menus and contorsionist multiple button pushing, but it was possible. Maybe if you get the manual.
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

While holding down the 'shift' button, press the 'Midi SW' button (also labeled '5'), then release the 'shift' button, and press the 'Midi SW' button again - it should say 'Midi Sync' and that can be set to on or off. You should have it on.

Make sure you have the JP8000 set to receive the same midi channel that your controller is sending on (if sending midi channel 16, you need to set the JP8000 to midi channel 16). If you are using split, or dual mode on the JP8000, you then have to set midi channels for both upper and lower.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search