The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland V-Synth GT Rackmount Synthesizers
Old 17th August 2007
Here for the gear

Roland V-Synth GT

I was lucky enough to go to a pre-namm preview in January and saw a video demo of this and had to have one!(i paid for it the next day and it still hasn't arrived)

I have searched for it and haven't found many posts regarding the GT and was wondering what the slutz make of it!

I am a massive fan of the previous V-Synth. I felt that the incredible sound shaping potential it offered called to me far more than any other synth I have come across. I guess it doesn't really fit in the same category as any other hardware synth but the potential was far more varied/different than anything Acess Virus, Nord, Korg or moog had to offer. (these are all cool in their own way though. except korg)

The potential for using samples as ocillators; the filtering and realtime controls make it an incredible musical tool.

The GT now has the potential to have twice as many ocillators at once and can be combined with the vocoder section or the new ap synthesis section; synthesising the articulations of acoustic instruments.

I recon all that makes it 'reet cool like.......'

whaddya think?
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

I have a V-Synth XT. I can't see myself upgrading to a GT. Replicating the sound engine gets you, above all, an additional effects unit. I guess that's a good thing, but with two effect units you will still be dancing around the polyphony problem if you have a lot of sounds coming out of the thing at once. As for the articulations, I guess it's OK, but somehow that doesn't seem like the most natural fit for a synth whose sound palette is so other-wordly / unnatural (in a good way). On top of these things, I love the form factor of the XT. Dunno; there are other ways I'd rather spend the money (if I had the money). I think I'll be holding onto my XT.

-synthoid

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search