The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Returning a Yamaha DX7 to default tuning 440 standard? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 17th August 2007
Lives for gear

Returning a Yamaha DX7 to default tuning 440 standard?

I sometimes run sound for a church and they use a yamaha dx7 for their youthgroups worship band. Apparently the kids messing around on it changed the tuning and saved the parameters because even if they shut it off and power back on its set at some crazy tuning..We aren't talking cents but entire semitones off.

I haven't used it but need to tell them how to change it back. Is there a global reset with a combination of buttons that someone could let me know?

Its either that or someone dropped it at its completely dying on them.
Old 17th August 2007
Lives for gear

There is a brown 'Function' button on the left that corresponds to the brown lettering underneath ? each of the numerical patch buttons 1-32. (From my memory here)- towards the end of the numbers 14 or 15- or maybe 31 or 32 is the master tune option - press this button and use the data entry slider to tweak it to your desired pitch !

Beer
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear
He's right...setting the tuning back should be no prob.

Call me crazy but my DX7 has always sounded better than the FM7. It sounds darker and "more real".

There's also free a DX7 editor/librarian online that works so freaking good it's like having a new synth. It has at least 10,000 patches and you can load complete banks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search