The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MIDI chord progressions sets - The end of musicianship as we know it?
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
WDM
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmanzie ➡️
You can be a limited (or even poor) musician and find a way to make great music.

Personally I would hesitate to call myself 'a musician' as my 'actual music' skills are quite basic, but seeing as I make music and earn a living out of it I normally call myself a producer. Other people might call me a musician or a composer, it doesn't really matter to me as far as I'm concerned.

I think we all know there are vastly different kinds of musician and different kinds of music. Midi files are no more the death of music than Instagram filters are the death of photography.
Agree to all that!

At the same time, the technology itself could be a godsend or an evil. The very same computer that helps hospital personnel to cure patients, helps also a hacker to steal credit card information and empty bank accounts.

At a time, when one manufacturer puts a chord name for you when the keys are pressed, so you can learn and practice ... another one strips chord progressions out of all hits and sells it for 50 bucks to the masses, with the tag "You don't have to learn anymore, because we did all hard work for you, so "copy/paste, up to your taste" and your next hit goes top charts"...

Personally I don't care, because I don't see the "easy way" as a sustainable.

I know also, there will be always people, who will do crazy things and spend a lot of money just to satisfy their ambitions... so.. let it be!
Old 21 hours ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto ➡️
“in this thing called “books”,”
📝 Reply