The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia VCollection 8 Update
Old 8th December 2020
Arturia VCollection 8 Update

3 new instruments + updates

Old 8th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Looks like the upgrade price for existing V7 owners is $199.
Old 8th December 2020
Lives for gear

Also looks like they need cloudflare asap.
Old 8th December 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yet another Juno clone. Emulator might be nice. Good that i Skipped V7. But still not much value to update from V6.
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by warg View Post
Looks like the upgrade price for existing V7 owners is $199.
Looks like I wait until the sale when its $99 like every other year
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Looks like I wait until the sale when its $99 like every other year
Yep. For new users the $250 sale price is actually quite good. Update for v6 users is $299 and that is a joke :D Why pay $49 MORE than the complete package when it's on sale twice a year.
Old 8th December 2020
BM0
Lives for gear

I got V7 and Pigments last year for about $270. I think I got a little bit of extra discount since I have a BeatStep Pro. $199 to upgrade definitely not worth it. Maybe at $99.
Old 8th December 2020
Gear Guru

Looks like a great upgrade, might not wait on the sale, $149
Old 8th December 2020
Lives for gear

No rush right now- Arturia Software Center is pretty much DDOSed. I am downloading the new stuff from my account page, but getting about 40KB per second so it will be a while...
Attached Thumbnails
Arturia VCollection 8 Update-hurryuparturia.jpg  
Old 8th December 2020
The Emulator II V and Vocoder V are my new favorites. The Vocoder is especially fun
Old 8th December 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Would love the Emu-II! I am back at V5 and to be honest I've hardly used any of it...

I'm sure its great but, for me, I just feel it's all a bit overwhelming and not as fun as using hardware. Also the cost of upgrades for software at least for me have been a pretty big outlay considering the usage I get out of them (very little!). Ableton, Reason, Equator, Native Instruments libraries, Spitfire libraries etc... then the cost of upgrading the computer...

Still... can't grumble about having a Synclavier and Emu-II!
Old 8th December 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Looking forward to the server working so I can download Emulator II V

My fantasy setup from from my highschool days is now complete.

Thanks to Arturia I have a Synclavier, Fairlight CMI, and now will have an Emulator II.

Based on Arturia's other digital emulations I am sure the EII will knock it out of park

I liked the Synclavier and Fairlight so much I have them running standalone on dedicated PCs and treat as their own instruments
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjontheroad View Post
The Emulator II V and Vocoder V are my new favorites. The Vocoder is especially fun
Yup the Emulator looks like the price of admission...the Fairlight has slowly become my favourite up to now, so old samplers are a brilliant addition.

Looks like the Obxa's included now? Must be why my upgrade looks cheaper
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
Looking forward to the server working so I can download Emulator II V

My fantasy setup from from my highschool days is now complete.

Thanks to Arturia I have a Synclavier, Fairlight CMI, and now will have an Emulator II.

Based on Arturia's other digital emulations I am sure the EII will knock it out of park

I liked the Synclavier and Fairlight so much I have them running standalone on dedicated PCs and treat as their own instruments
I run the fairlight on a windows 10 tablet with my Force setup
Old 8th December 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
3 new instruments + updates

Isn't it 4 new Inst. And 2 updated to V2, you missed the OBX?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I run the fairlight on a windows 10 tablet with my Force setup
Since back in the 1980s the Fairlight was always basically a standaline computer workstation as was the Synclavier having them on dedicated PCs is the closest I will ever come to the real deal and they both sound incredible
Quote:
Yup the Emulator looks like the price of admission...the Fairlight has slowly become my favourite up to now, so old samplers are a brilliant addition.

Looks like the Obxa's included now? Must be why my upgrade looks cheaper
OBXA is now included

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer View Post
Isn't it 4 new Inst. And 2 updated to V2, you missed the OBX?
Jup 8V version 4 isn't a new instrument type. It replaces Jup 8V Version 3. OBXA also isn't "new". Yes they now include it. I didn't know they were doing that until it was released today. The video was made yesterday.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
OBXA is now included

Jup 8V version 4 isn't a new instrument type. It replaces Jup 8V Version 3. OBXA also isn't "new". Yes they now include it. I didn't know they were doing that until it was released today. The video was made yesterday.
Yes, I meant new to V Collection and 2 updated instruments of which one is Jup 8V.
Old 8th December 2020
Gear Maniac

Does the Rhodes have updated modeling or sound? Or is it just a new pedal board, amp, and a few more under the hood options? Can't quite tell from the ad...

Of course I just bought V7 2 months ago...
Quote:
Yes, I meant new to V Collection and 2 updated instruments of which one is Jup 8V.
As far as I know, it was originally considered an update. But now, it says "New in V Collection 8" on the product website. Tomato/Tamato

Of course, I don't speak directly for Arturia. I'm just one of the many great beta testers.
Old 8th December 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Pricing strategy has changed - $299 for me to update. I'm going to wait. I only use a couple of things from the V Collection anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTLAVGH View Post
Does the Rhodes have updated modeling or sound? Or is it just a new pedal board, amp, and a few more under the hood options? Can't quite tell from the ad...

Of course I just bought V7 2 months ago...
No sound updates as far I know. There are new presets though.
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Burrito View Post
Yet another Juno clone. Emulator might be nice. Good that i Skipped V7. But still not much value to update from V6.
Seems to be a Juno 6 clone. So now I have the Juno 6 (Arturia), 60 (TAL) and 106 (Cherry Audio) in software form. A bit overkill perhaps, but then again there are people who own all three in hardware form so I'd like to think I'm being quite reasonable

Also looking forward to the Emulator...er..emulation, and the reworked Jupiter 8. Not today, though. Arturia's servers are getting absolutely hammered. You can barely even log in, and even if you manage to start the download, it's close to dialup speeds.
Old 8th December 2020
Gear Head

I'd be interested to hear how the updated Jupiter sounds, and compares to say the Jupiter X zencore version
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
As far as I know, it was originally considered an update. But now, it says "New in V Collection 8" on the product website. Tomato/Tamato

Of course, I don't speak directly for Arturia. I'm just one of the many great beta testers.
Cool, btw does the EII feature all the factory disc library, I've heard the loon bird etc on their video intro, so know it features some?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
No sound updates as far I know. There are new presets though.
This is what it says in Arturia's promotional materials.

Quote:
Stage-73 V: EP classic w/ redesigned physical modeling for new levels of soulful authenticity & variety.
Wouldn't this mean a sound update?
Quote:
Cool, btw does the EII feature all the factory disc library, I've heard the loon bird etc on their video intro, so know it features some?
There are some of those samples. Honestly, I don't know how many. The total library is very large. Too many to test them all lol.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
There are some of those samples. Honestly, I don't know how many. The total library is very large. Too many to test them all lol.
Ok, I'll ask Arturia, cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldenfilms View Post
This is what it says in Arturia's promotional materials.

Wouldn't this mean a sound update?
Again, I can only speak to as far as I know. They didn't ask me to test this instrument. You're seeing that at the same time as I.
πŸ“ Reply