The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Linndrum
Old 30th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_W View Post
The DP12 was 1200 they dropped down the price with 500. Thats insane. Their profit margin is very low compared to other companies. I can't wait to get the UBXa.
the discount has primarily to do with more efficient production, something that other manufacturers prefer to keep to themselves ..
Old 30th November 2020
Lives for gear

I still question whether or not a drompler that does not have the ability to load different samples would be viable. Maybe the Linndrum had a great (for the first of its type) sequencer, but at the end of the day this are low resolution samples controlled by an 8bit computer. I think a few MB of multisamples could capture the sound of the linndrum(several shots of each at the various pitches) and then unless Im unaware of something that sequencer could do that isnt available today what would be missing? I mean, the samples would capture the output stage quirks along with the sample and if you captured at most of the pitches you wont be missing anything.

Not trying to stir the pot, genuinely curious. If its just a case of feeling close to the original hardware, that seems valid. But to me recreating analog drum machines makes more sense since its much harder to capture nuance with samples or DSP.
Old 1st December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_A_P View Post
I still question whether or not a drompler that does not have the ability to load different samples would be viable. Maybe the Linndrum had a great (for the first of its type) sequencer, but at the end of the day this are low resolution samples controlled by an 8bit computer. I think a few MB of multisamples could capture the sound of the linndrum(several shots of each at the various pitches) and then unless Im unaware of something that sequencer could do that isnt available today what would be missing? I mean, the samples would capture the output stage quirks along with the sample and if you captured at most of the pitches you wont be missing anything.

Not trying to stir the pot, genuinely curious. If its just a case of feeling close to the original hardware, that seems valid. But to me recreating analog drum machines makes more sense since its much harder to capture nuance with samples or DSP.
RD-7 with sample import would make too much sense
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_A_P View Post

Behringer is already working on a sampler. I bet everyone forgot about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludar View Post
RD-7 with sample import would make too much sense
The RD-7 should also have the samples of the TR727.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_W View Post
Behringer is already working on a sampler. I bet everyone forgot about it.
Not forgotten just not interested. It doesn't have XOX style sequencer.
Gear Nut

We need a drum machine (sample playback device if you'd like) like the TR8S but with the XOX sequencer of an arturia drumbrute and the mangling capabilities of an elektron device (one lfo per voice, conditional triggers etc), plus 1 output per voice and the ability to build kits on the computer and load them via sd / usb. Who could say no to such device?
Old 2nd December 2020
And since we're at it I'd also like analog filters for each voice. It's Christmas soon, right?
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
eh??? you've almost described an Akai MPC
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooshMcD View Post
eh??? you've almost described an Akai MPC
I wish I enjoyed sequencing on a non XOX device. Not even 2 rows of 8 buttons do the job for me
📝 Reply