The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
November 2020 New Gear Thread
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Take it to a tech to inspect caps and solder joints and whatnot... I bet it can be fixed.
Yes. After my first panic attack ceased, I took the advice. There are a few repair shops I should try before sending it all the way back to Ukraine, so I am at it. Thanks for the empathy. This incident broke my synth-heart.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miiko View Post
It is really small! Was the backing track made with it?
Yes, using the factory "Waxxy" preset.
Been using little tascams away from the studio but they're pretty awful so hopefully these will be a step up when they arrive on Saturday

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Nektar NX-P expression pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
Yes. I did look it up. However, Polivoks' keyboard works by another principle, its contact goes straight to a metal bar. On the metal bars there are reed switches, which are pushed by key. It could be a related problem.
hope you can find someone local to service it. Looks like a very unique synth that would be inspiring to play.
Old 27th November 2020
Lives for gear

As promised, the latest members of my family.

I feel like they kind of have an "Arnold Schwarzenegger / Danny DeVito in Twins" thing going on.

November 2020 New Gear Thread-20201126_161102.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
November 2020 New Gear Thread-20201126_161102.jpg  
Old 27th November 2020
Lives for gear
xOR Nerdseq arrived yesterday, having a lot of fun with it
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Been using little tascams away from the studio but they're pretty awful so hopefully these will be a step up when they arrive on Saturday

wow, they are really small, look bigger on your picture
do you have the set with measuring mic and software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
wow, they are really small, look bigger on your picture
do you have the set with measuring mic and software?

Ive been using the arc mic and software for a while, works really well but its not for these...these are to sit on my coffee table with my 707 or mpc
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ive been using the arc mic and software for a while, works really well but its not for these...these are to sit on my coffee table with my 707 or mpc
707 is cool, there are 707 reasons not to have any.
in the mks7 i have a 707 ... i have never used it
I like my tr505, it's really not desirable . it could of course be that you don't mean the 80s 707 .. :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
707 is cool, there are 707 reasons not to have any.
in the mks7 i have a 707 ... i have never used it
I like my tr505, it's really not desirable . it could of course be that you don't mean the 80s 707 .. :D
MC707
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

I got a pair of these really cheap. They aren’t bad. I had to send my first pair back though because of manufacturing defects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
I got a pair of these really cheap. They aren’t bad. I had to send my first pair back though because of manufacturing defects.
theyre going to be a massive improvement on my little tascams, thats all Im really looking for
Old 28th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years

I couldn’t decide which color I wanted, so I just got both because I’m pretty disgusting.

Also:

Which makes me downright appalling.

Old 28th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post
I couldn’t decide which color I wanted, so I just got both because I’m pretty disgusting.
Yeah that's disgusting. I can't afford even one.

Congrats on the new gear.
Lives for gear

Quote:

there is nothing in salmon color or like in the past with adicolor. a few colored pencils for the synth is there actually no overlay?
ps: the orange is flashy.
Old 28th November 2020
Lives for gear

In the quest to have a backup/replacement for my M44-7s I got a pair of these as they are sorta aiming at being said replacement. Include 3 different styli with different compliance to tailor to your heavy handedness level...

November 2020 New Gear Thread-vnl.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
November 2020 New Gear Thread-vnl.jpg  
Old 28th November 2020
Deleted 39941f3
Sold an mc101 and got an mc707.
Buyed 2nd hand pedals, Eventide Space, Ehx Superego and Boss dd200 to use an electric guitar inside my beloved Mpc Live.
I am very happy with that set now:
Mpc Live (master midi and input guitar)
Mc 707 (mostly synth module, slaved to Mpc)
This beautiful Boss delays and Eventide reverbs for guitar.
All going to a Mackie Onyx 1220i and KRK Rockit 8 speakers.
I am very satisfied
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Ban this sick filth!

Old 29th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Most oomph for the money right now, imo. Korg NTS1. Good to see that they are becoming available again.
Attached Thumbnails
November 2020 New Gear Thread-ooxe0ebiaritdwvy8ifk.jpg  
Quote:

Also:

Which makes me downright appalling.

shoulda just gone with the black and saved a few bucks
Yesterday. From Pluginboutique’s sales
Xpand!2
Hybrid 3
Vacuum Pro
VirtualCZ
Velvet 2
MiniGrand
Lives for gear
Quote:
why buy 1 when you can have 2 at twice the price - S.R. Hadden
Old 29th November 2020
Lives for gear

Finally succumbed with BF sale

Old 30th November 2020
Lives for gear

Man, omnisphere is perpetually 2x more than I would ever pay for a softsynth. Great or not, I cant put hardware money into 1 synthesizer. Im sure I would love it, but I cant really sell it if I dont.
Old 30th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_A_P View Post
Man, omnisphere is perpetually 2x more than I would ever pay for a softsynth. Great or not, I cant put hardware money into 1 synthesizer. Im sure I would love it, but I cant really sell it if I dont.
I always thought it was expensive and still do. That is why I stayed away so long. The hardware integration with my Prophet X peaks my interest though.
Old 30th November 2020
Lives for gear

Cant deny Eric Persings credentials, and omnisphere is a huge beast of a synth. I just feel like there is no safety net with softsynths so Im a bit more conservative with what I buy.(either needs to be a huge wealth of synths for a fee or something I just cant find otherwise). That said I definitely have had omnisphere on my radar since it was released, what was that around 2008 or 2009?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_A_P View Post
Omnisphere
Stay away from the light, Carol-Ann.

(It's cool, Omnisphere, I'm not really a Preset buyer/user, myself, and much of what's loved about Omnisphere for many is the ease of making cool sh!t out of the yuge library of included loops and sounds and atmospherics.

Frankly, to me, it's like paying someone else $500 to do some sample research and sound design for you, and bundle it with an easy to use UI.

Nothing inherently wrong with that, but that's what it is, more or less, to me. it does indeed make cool sounds easily out of that stuff, if that's what you're into. An oversimplification for sure, but my take on it, especially as compared to everything else that's available across all platforms for the same $$.

I think it's legit hard to argue that what it offers, by way of experience and output, is *that* compelling against the world of other choices *unless* those specific sounds it makes and includes really blow your skirt up, imo.)

I own it, btw. Haven't touched it in over a year.

ymmv. it's not lame, regardless.
Old 30th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Grabbed Pigments 2 w/ the $50 sale that Arturia has right now.

A lot of synth for $50 especially digging the granular side
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Stay away from the light, Carol-Ann.

(It's cool, Omnisphere, I'm not really a Preset buyer/user, myself, and much of what's loved about Omnisphere for many is the easy of making cool sh!t out of the yuge library of included loops and sounds and atmospherics.

Frankly, to me, it's like paying someone else $500 to do some sample research and sound design for you, and bundle it with an easy to use UI.

Nothing inherently wrong with that, but that's what it is, more or less, to me. it does indeed make cool sounds easily out of that stuff, if that's what you're into. An oversimplification for sure, but my take on it, especially as compared to everything else that's available across all platforms for the same $$.

I think it's legit hard to argue that what it offers, by way of experience and output, is *that* compelling against the world of other choices *unless* those specific sounds it makes and includes really blow your skirt up, imo.)

I own it, btw. Haven't touched it in over a year.

ymmv. it's not lame, regardless.
That is what Im afraid of. dont need that rabbit hole right now. Some day...
📝 Reply