The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Sequential Prophet 5 and 10
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmedia ➡️
New features are really great - thanks Sequential! Great thing about the new unison mode on the P10 is you can now effectively have 2 osc per voice (although with the same wave shapes only) while using osc B as an LFO and still have 5 note poly - so a (sort of) P5 with 2 LFOs without losing an osc! Plus with vintage up each voice has variations in filter etc between the two oscillators - very nice..
Oh I didn’t even think about vintage mode / both oscillators being different in unison mode per note. Wow awesome.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmd ➡️
For an issue to be on the test bench and getting fixed requires users to report said issues. That several people on the forum have seen this doesn't aid in our replication of the issue. Troubleshooting back and forth is not only a means to rule out the issue as being related to a single unit. It greatly helps us to replicate the problem on our end.

GS is not the appropriate platform for reporting problems and troubleshooting back and forth, so **please** send us an email!

[email protected]
I’ve had this issue on 1.5.0 today. Not sure how to replicate it yet as it seemed quite random. I’m putting together an email which I’ll send later as there are a couple of additional things I need to address.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatschmacher ➡️
I’ve had this issue on 1.5.0 today. Not sure how to replicate it yet as it seemed quite random. I’m putting together an email which I’ll send later as there are a couple of additional things I need to address.
Dropping notes or dropped MIDI via DIN in?
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm on 1.5.0 on a P10 and haven't noted any note dropping playing live yet
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Had one or two dropped notes on 1.5.0.
Was practicing scales so the dropped note was
a bit more noticeable.
It’s damned intermittent though. Happened
maybe twice in 30 min.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBDA1176 ➡️
too many words
Oh do bore off.
Old 16 hours ago
Lives for gear
After some experimenting today can confirm on mine:
1) Noise on output - mainly a high-pitched whine >2kHz I heard on unbalanced cable, but analyser showed peaks around 80Hz also. Seemed worse when connected to computer interface. Switched to balanced cable - disappeared immediately as others found. Need to order an angled balanced cable as all my angled ones are unbalanced!

2) Disappearing notes - had two this evening I think. Sounded to me like they started but got cutoff/choked some how unexpectedly. This was while connected via USB to Logic without Local Off, so potentially could have been a MIDI loop problem but I only had an audio track in the DAW, so MIDI shouldn't have been circulating. Will spend some time without MIDI/USB connected to see if it happens again. Am on 1.5.0.
Old 15 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell r. ➡️
More from one of the very best musical demoers of this instrument :

Fantastic, just sums up the P5's tone I remember from the early 80's

Reminds me of this great score from Howard Shore. Listen to Ephemerol (5:45​)

Old 11 hours ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by benanderson89 ➡️
Quote:
too many words
Oh do bore off.
Sorry you have difficulties reading, comprehending and digesting more than a one liner, kinda explains everything! Also, nice use of ad hominem **** there cos you know I’m Right and have no counter to the argument. You guys sound like crackpot conspiracy nuts with fingers jammed in your ears with your BS fud about a mere 10 voices of poly.

I think many have found my posts helpful, probably lurkers rather than the cult like cliques this place dredges up so no thumb ups, but trust me, yours and others BS misinformation has been called out and will help others make a REAL informed choice of P5 vs P10 without having to make themselves feel better with all your deluded back slapping of each other. 5 ****ing voices in 2021 for £3k , 1 less than even the prophet 6. Can do this all day if idiots are gonna keep lying to people to make themselves feel good. Your choice.
Old 9 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Just a rough demo of some patches I've made / modified. A little too many Valhalla effects on it!
Attached Files

Prophet5demo.mp3 (10.43 MB, 717 views)

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotecho ➡️
Just a rough demo of some patches I've made / modified. A little too many Valhalla effects on it!
Sounds good—and just what I needed this morning: a little Prophet-5 music.

I’m seriously considering getting a REV 4 P-5 now.

I don’t really have room for it, but… it’s becoming more and more difficult to resist.

I love my REV 3, but… there are places a REV 4 could take me that I’d like to visit.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague ➡️

I don’t really have room for it, but… it’s becoming more and more difficult to resist.

I love my REV 3, but… there are places a REV 4 could take me that I’d like to visit.
Cheers! There's always the desktop version.
Old 8 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Cheers! There's always the desktop version.
Yes, but unfortunately I’m a bit disappointed with the design of the modules. I was wanting to see the same size buttons and knobs as what’s on the keyboard models and was prepared for it to have a larger footprint.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

You just want to wrap yourself up in 360 degrees of Prophet, admit it!

What the heck, it's really the best synth series ever, that Dave guy knows his stuff... although that Tom guy made a pretty cool series too. Just leave some space for your new indoor Pool, that Laurent guy is on a roll.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory ➡️
You just want to wrap yourself up in 360 degrees of Prophet, admit it!

What the heck, it's really the best synth series ever, that Dave guy knows his stuff... although that Tom guy made a pretty cool series too. Just leave some space for your new indoor Pool, that Laurent guy is on a roll.
Oh, for sure, there will be room for The Pool.

Baloran could call it The Fool and I’d still buy it.

But yeah, putting together a Prophet-20 rig comprised of a dual manual P-10, a P-5 Rev 3 and a P-5 Rev 4 would be pretty awesome.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yes, but unfortunately I’m a bit disappointed with the design of the modules. I was wanting to see the same size buttons and knobs as what’s on the keyboard models and was prepared for it to have a larger footprint.
Yeah same. I was seriously tempted, the keyboard version was impractical for me really. But the big spacious interface with the knobs and those buttons is a huge part of the appeal.

That said, if I already had a double manual Prophet 10 I might be thinking differently!
Old 7 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry you have difficulties reading, comprehending and digesting more than a one liner, kinda explains everything! Also, nice use of ad hominem **** there cos you know I’m Right and have no counter to the argument. You guys sound like crackpot conspiracy nuts with fingers jammed in your ears with your BS fud about a mere 10 voices of poly.

I think many have found my posts helpful, probably lurkers rather than the cult like cliques this place dredges up so no thumb ups, but trust me, yours and others BS misinformation has been called out and will help others make a REAL informed choice of P5 vs P10 without having to make themselves feel better with all your deluded back slapping of each other. 5 ****ing voices in 2021 for £3k , 1 less than even the prophet 6. Can do this all day if idiots are gonna keep lying to people to make themselves feel good. Your choice.

I haven't said anything to you before about this, so I don't know what planet you're beaming your information from. :^)
I just logged on, saw your word soup and thought "wow, he's angry and needs a time-out".

All I've been doing is making music, popping in now and then for a giggle or to post little snippets of stuff I've been working on with my Prophet.

Speaking of, may as well shamelessly plug the last thing I did with it!

Yum, Poly Mod!
Old 6 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Which Valhalla effects are these?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Do you guys (Prophet owners I mean) layer your Prophets with other synthesizers and if so which ones do you think sonically gel better?
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosleepguy ➡️
Which Valhalla effects are these?
While I'm noodling I've settled into a blend of Valhalla Room, Vintage verb and Valhalla Delay, a little of each. I like Room for a huge sound but I like Vintage because it's really easy to dial up the high pass filter which keeps it cleaner.

Arturia's REV Plate 140 sounds amazing with it too, been using that for a few days now.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness ➡️
Do you guys (Prophet owners I mean) layer your Prophets with other synthesizers and if so which ones do you think sonically gel better?
One of my favorite synths for layering with Prophets is, oddly enough, the DX-7.

Another favorite combo is Prophet + any kind of Moog. They sound really great together.

Old 4 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
One of my favorite synths for layering with Prophets is, oddly enough, the DX-7.
Coincidentally I was going to suggest the CZ-1. Both the CZ and DX are quite shrill and bright, with the Prophet being thick and warm, so they play well off of each other.
Old 3 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmedia ➡️
2) Disappearing notes - had two this evening I think. Sounded to me like they started but got cutoff/choked some how unexpectedly. This was while connected via USB to Logic without Local Off, so potentially could have been a MIDI loop problem but I only had an audio track in the DAW, so MIDI shouldn't have been circulating. Will spend some time without MIDI/USB connected to see if it happens again. Am on 1.5.0.
No MIDI/USB connected and it happened again. Not sure if it is notes failing to trigger though, sounded more like an audio cutout/glitch of some kind, but was playing sounds with short release so couldn't really tell.
Old 3 hours ago
Gear Head

in the original OS I would experience a delay to the note sounding once in a blue moon - not a total skip but a pause iirc but maybe that's a different thing than you all are experiencing but anyway 1.2 corrected it and I'm sticking with that for now
Old 3 hours ago
Lives for gear
Enjoying the unison poly mode on the P10 - but the unison detune options get too out of tune with chords too quickly, and on the lowest setting are a bit too close.

While changing that option would impact existing presets which could be annoying for many, I wonder if there could be in-between detune options so there's more control - i.e. instead of 1-8 there would be: 1, 1-2 2 2-3... the in between values indicated by lights on both being on, and selected by pressing them together?

That or using the vintage knob while holding down unison to have continuous control which would be even better!

The manual refers to detune options 0-8 - how do you get 0? Or is that a typo?
Old 3 hours ago
Gear Head

in terms of unison i've found it very effective just to rely on the vintage knob rather than the detuning for many patches - but of course i'm not using 1.5 OS so different - i'm doing mono patches
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolstoya ➡️
in terms of unison i've found it very effective just to rely on the vintage knob rather than the detuning for many patches - but of course i'm not using 1.5 OS so different - i'm doing mono patches
Yeah can use vintage knob, but that loosens up other parameters as well.

Here I'm trying to use the unison detune to simulate the usual 2 osc detune (than what???) when in unison poly mode, either to retain 2 osc per voice and use osc B as LFO, or to have 4 osc detune and vintage isn't quite the same thing - here I want vintage quite low to keep filters etc relatively in line, and just alter the tuning.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolstoya ➡️
in the original OS I would experience a delay to the note sounding once in a blue moon - not a total skip but a pause iirc but maybe that's a different thing than you all are experiencing but anyway 1.2 corrected it and I'm sticking with that for now
I didn't use the original OS for long, but I had a couple of weird glitches while playing after which the tuning seemed to go out and I had to retune. I don't know whether it's related to the problem. In 1.5 it hasn't knocked out the tuning, but just these glitches/pauses - like a drop out, but not sure if it is a problem on the triggering side or on the audio out side, and not been able identify a pattern.
Old 1 hour ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Regarding the missing notes issue... Could it be the case that while the Vintage knob is rotated clockwise the possibility increases that some notes might be triggered with 0 or close to 0 velocities? That would render them practically inaudible.

Or, maybe, there is a bug in the re-triggering of the envelopes when there is significant deviation of the release time.

Last edited by OurDarkness; 1 hour ago at 05:31 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 1 hour ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Vintage knob does not affect velocity. But in certain patch contexts, the vintage knob can cause a note to not be heard due to cutoff/envelope settings.
📝 Reply