The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Sequential Prophet 5 and 10
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerErris View Post
Do you plan to also create a sheet version of it? So having it as sysex is great, but having as a patch sheet gives the joy to replicate it and automatically put your own taste in it.

I assume, that from the sysex you could create the sheets if you have any engine for that, but it requires some programming.

Any plans for that?
That is a cool idea, but sadly beyond my skill set.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddever View Post
O'Hare is one of the few airports where one can arrive home a day late even if you live five miles away....
Blue Line!
Lives for gear

When mine arrives I was going to create a printable patch sheet, FWIW. I'll share it once I've drawn it.
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Maniac

^^^ There are some blank patch sheets for printing etc. on the last 2 pages of the vintage prophet 5 manual (very easy to find online).
Although the controls are not identical they are very close so this could be perhaps useful.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by _space View Post
^^^ There are some blank patch sheets for printing etc. on the last 2 pages of the vintage prophet 5 manual (very easy to find online).
Although the controls are not identical they are very close so this could be perhaps useful.
PDFs aren't super high resolution and the scans are a bit ugly. Plus, I'm bored to death in tier 3 lockdown so I'm drawing them regardless! I'm also rewriting/redrawing the manual for the drumtraks so I may as well do the sequential back catalogue at this rate.

(The scans of the Drumtraks manual online are truly offensive to the eyeballs when I was figuring out how to program the machine)

Old 28th November 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Got mine and after a couple of hours with it I’ve realised I’ve wasted years with other synths when this finds the sounds so easily.

10/10
Old 28th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimaxer View Post
Proaudiostar! Bf20 code for 20% off. Works for Prophet 10!
And the 5.

Killer price.
Old 28th November 2020
Kja
Lives for gear
People that can afford to spend $2800- 4400 on a synth and then complain about the wood pattern seems completely wrong and have no idea how incredibly lucky they are..
Old 28th November 2020
Kja
Lives for gear
I'm sure if anyone has a real problem than sequential will be more then happy to help.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muz66 View Post
Anyone in AUS got their hands on a P5/10 yet? Other than that one fella in Melbourne that posted. Great to see all these units arriving in the UK but geez none in Australia after almost two months waiting?
I ordered a P10 thru Manny’s in melb.. it arrived earlier this week.
I’ve never played an original P5 but it’s the sound in my head I always wanted... and more ... well done Dave smith and co...!
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
My take on the vintage knob after a few days with the P10...

While it’s a nice feature, and it definitely has an effect and can be nice on certain patches, in my opinion it’s generally best at Rev4 to 3 settings. It goes too far otherwise unless you really want it to get messy.

But the main thing I’ve realized is that it’s not a magic knob, that when ported to other synths will make them as nice as the P5/10. The magic of the tone of this synth is there 100% on Rev 4 setting, and there is SO much room to add subtle movement and “vintage” it up via the mod wheel / lfo / noise section amd cross mod, etc. I would be 1000% satisfied with this synth if it didn’t have a vintage knob and was locked on “4” permanently.

Just my 2 cents.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoobysnax View Post
Just my 2 cents.
I agree with you that the tone is there with it set to 4. With that said it pretty much permanently lives on 2 on mine. But I live for the the messiness so that might just be me!
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfs View Post
I ordered a P10 thru Manny’s in melb.. it arrived earlier this week.
I’ve never played an original P5 but it’s the sound in my head I always wanted... and more ... well done Dave smith and co...!
Cool and congrats! Do you mind if I ask when you ordered? I ordered a P5 through Manny's/StoreDJ 13/10. Have heard a couple go to Melb but not SYD yet.
Glad you're happy with it
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kja View Post
People that can afford to spend $2800- 4400 on a synth and then complain about the wood pattern seems completely wrong and have no idea how incredibly lucky they are..
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomjab View Post
Black Friday deal? Care to share?

Where are you based? Got mine from https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muz66 View Post
Cool and congrats! Do you mind if I ask when you ordered? I ordered a P5 through Manny's/StoreDJ 13/10. Have heard a couple go to Melb but not SYD yet.
Glad you're happy with it
I ordered it the day Dave Smith announced it - so think I was the first order!
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfs View Post
I ordered it the day Dave Smith announced it - so think I was the first order!
Ok thanks. Appreciate it!
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kja View Post
That’s the whole point!!!! £4000 is a huge amount of money and it needs to be right. For the vast majority of people who can afford it, it’s still a lot of money and has taken a great deal of hard work to be able to have it to spend.
Old 28th November 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I’m going to eat humble pie, having worked through the presets last night there’s some great and clever ones, well done sound and synth design teams. It is a hugely organic sounding synth and all the better for it.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatschmacher View Post
Where are you based? Got mine from https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/
Wow, price on the P10 is really something there...
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimaxer View Post
Proaudiostar! Bf20 code for 20% off. Works for Prophet 10!
Jeez thanks! Waiting on Sweetwater for my P10 but jumped on this. Backordered of course, no clue when they will get more but for nearly $900 off I can be patient. Code still works...jump on it!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.brooks View Post
Both the five and ten are on a 25 week back order, too.
They must be selling like hot cakes!
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.brooks View Post
I know, really couldn’t say no.

Check out the pro 3 too. Was just a shade more than the standard edition. Way too good a deal to miss out on and then you get 7.5% off that price.

They also have the 16-voice Moog One low (last one went yesterday); with discount it is £5.5k which is a significant saving and around the price the 8-voice usually sits.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatervest View Post
Jeez thanks! Waiting on Sweetwater for my P10 but jumped on this. Backordered of course, no clue when they will get more but for nearly $900 off I can be patient. Code still works...jump on it!
That is actually nearly €900 less (which is even more less) compared to the price in EU. Also it includes VAT and taxes, which is raising it even more above the USD value.

Insane price, really. Or in other terms, you get the P10 for the price of the P5. And obviously you get the P5 for the price of a P6 ;-)
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by benanderson89 View Post
Both the five and ten are on a 25 week back order, too.
They must be selling like hot cakes!
That often happens on their site; it’s their way of saying “we don’t know when” but often it comes back in just a few weeks. P6 is also showing 25 weeks (and with the discount applied is the cheapest I’ve seen).
Gear Nut

Part of me is fully expecting to get an email from ProAudioStar canceling my order because they can’t honor the price on a back ordered item...
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamforemusic View Post
After drooling over the P5’s for the last month, this happened.. yesterday I was asked to find a 2nd hand keyboard suitable for one of my piano students, so I went on gumtree and searched “keyboard” with a 10 mile radius. The first listing (listed literally minutes before I looked) was a Wurlitzer 200A, located less than 5 mins away. It’s had 1 owner since 1978, bought from new from a music shop in the town I live in. It has the original legs, sustain pedal, music stand, stool, even the bloody manual was included. The whole thing is virtually untouched and in mint condition. Got home and ran it through my RE-201 > Vibrochamp. words don’t do it justice. Some things are just meant to be.
You’ve probably just started a stampede for vintage keyboard searches on Gumtree!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoobysnax View Post
My take on the vintage knob after a few days with the P10...

While it’s a nice feature, and it definitely has an effect and can be nice on certain patches, in my opinion it’s generally best at Rev4 to 3 settings. It goes too far otherwise unless you really want it to get messy.

But the main thing I’ve realized is that it’s not a magic knob, that when ported to other synths will make them as nice as the P5/10. The magic of the tone of this synth is there 100% on Rev 4 setting, and there is SO much room to add subtle movement and “vintage” it up via the mod wheel / lfo / noise section amd cross mod, etc. I would be 1000% satisfied with this synth if it didn’t have a vintage knob and was locked on “4” permanently.

Just my 2 cents.
The vintage knob shines with polymod. Having the envelopes loosen up brings some extra movement and swish to the filter sweeps. Melodic stuff works better rev 3-4. Unless you want to sound like Boards of Canada, which sometimes I do.
Old 28th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
OK... I jumped on a P10 with the low price + the BF code (UK), and yes it was cos the P10 was (with code) cheaper than the P5 usually would be (as much as I wanted the 'name' - the poly count did worry me) at that price it's a no brainer, won't even lose much if anything if I decide to pass it on on ebay in a year - cos it's costing me a whole grand less (depreciation already countered). Just gotta wait a few months now I guess to see if it actually turns up.

Happy Xmas!

Thanks Dave!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerErris View Post
Do you plan to also create a sheet version of it? So having it as sysex is great, but having as a patch sheet gives the joy to replicate it and automatically put your own taste in it.

I assume, that from the sysex you could create the sheets if you have any engine for that, but it requires some programming.

Any plans for that?
Check out the sound tower editor for p5/10

You can import the current patch from your p5 and then you have mostly instant recall of the patch. I say mostly because a few values don’t display properly. (3 way buttons for filter tracking, velocity and aftertouch.) and I think master volume and one other pot.
📝 Reply