The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Sequential Prophet 5 and 10
Old 25th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Actual/accurate Juno Chorus clones are available in Eurorack for $150, same as the original (fakey stereo out):

https://feedback-modules.myshopify.c...cts/106-chorus

As another alternative, I really love the Strymon Deco for a wide stereo chorus like effect with variable delay. I use it more often than the chorus on my Juno, since it's way less noisy and tweakable.
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut
My Prophet 10 arrived today, so I did a little cover of John Carpenter's - 'Escape From New York' theme. Didn't spend much time mixing it, was too busy enjoying this incredible synth. Pushed most of the synth sounds into the Rev 1-2 area, some in the 2-3 area to get that wonkiness.

I intentionally didn't try to match the sounds exactly, just wanted to explore the synth, so this can be seen as a more agro version

Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Here's my 10!! Very happy with the wood grain / finish. It's gorgeous, and pretty evenly grained, other than the bottom piece that has "Sequential" on it is much lighter but I love it.

In terms of the P10... What can I say... It's absolutely insane. I have a Juno 60 (love it), and a Jupiter 6 (also love it)... But the prophet is another league... a whole other beast. It's not even a synth... feels like it's own category.
Attached Thumbnails
New Sequential Prophet 5 and 10-img_9623.jpg  
Gear Head

Australian Stock

Anyone in AUS got their hands on a P5/10 yet? Other than that one fella in Melbourne that posted. Great to see all these units arriving in the UK but geez none in Australia after almost two months waiting?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Come on rich and impulsive new prophet owners, I wanna know when you’re gonna start dumping these suckers on ebay so I can grab one for half price! Please... it’s nearly xmas and all! 🤷‍♂️😂🎉
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
About Low Frequency Expander 2.0 by Yorick Tech

Does Low Frequency Expander 2.0 support Prophet5 and Prophet10?
If not, will it be supported in the future?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpro600k View Post

Yes, it does.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpro600k View Post

Hi, yes it does Just OK'd by my Beta testers. Free firmware upgrade 2.0 is being rolled out over the next few days.

New LFE buyers can choose any 2 synths from: P5 and P10 (as a pair so counts as one synth), P6, OB6, Voyager, Prologue or Nord Wave 2. The generic 'CC-synth' is also included. Existing users can buy extra synth support for £50 each (again P5 and 10 count as one) or a complete bundle of all and any future synths I may add, for £150.

2.0 includes several useful features and a few unusual ones:

Internal midi clock for controlling the LFE and external devices.

The synth’s patch names can now be read and displayed by the LFE, so if you edit patches using for example Sound Tower, the LFE can get these directly form the synth even though the synth itself can’t display them.

Release Aftertouch (RAT) allows you to fix an aftertouch value just before releasing the last note and hold that value until the next note is played. This can be used in a similar way to release velocity, which is sadly only generated by a few keyboards. RAT lets you, for example, increase Release times or increase FX depth just by giving the keys a quick press before releasing them.

The LFE now supports Poly Chaining using any keyboard as master and any synth as slave. The LFE handles all of the note sharing so the attached keyboards simply remain in their normal mode.

You can limit the number of voices played (simple newest note priority - not like a P5!!), add a second Sub Voice like a sub oscillator but at any pitch, and can add a velocity offset to the sub voice, so that for example, a second voice a 5th higher comes in only when played with more velocity.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years

Prophets delayed at Chicago because God was pissed off.
Old 26th November 2020
Here for the gear

Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness View Post

TIL god is a vintage snob, and doesn't approve of all these new false prophets.
Old 26th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I am happy for you guys. Really. Not jealous at all. Nope. I am not envious of your new Prophet 5 or 10. Not even a little bit. Lala, not jealous, just happy for you.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_A_P View Post
Ive built a lot of furniture with black walnut. (my kids bunk beds in fact) and @ SerErris you got wood that I would seek out to build with. Of course you are entitled to like what you like, but as a bit of a wood nerd this is a great slab of black walnut. Its visually interesting.

My P10 has 3 knots all around the plate.(5-6 in total) Its real wood its awesome wood, enjoy the 1 of a kind finish you have :D

Anyone know where the wood is sourced from? Apols if this has been answered already..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBDA1176 View Post
Come on rich and impulsive new prophet owners, I wanna know when you’re gonna start dumping these suckers on ebay so I can grab one for half price! Please... it’s nearly xmas and all! 🤷‍♂️😂🎉
fleabay is currently full. Excess Playstation 5s being listed at insane prices. Please wait.
Pym
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yeah contrary to popular belief we don’t have a back channel up there, just doing the best we can down here 😁

Quote:

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
This synth sounds so damn RAW and appealing. All those sweet filter harmonics really tickle my ears.

Please bear with me as I try to justify this someday...

Comparing the sonics of a Sequential P5 rev4 vs. a P6 rev1 is kind of like comparing a RAW SEM-based synth like an Oberheim Two-or-Four-Voice with an OB-6 (also SEM-based).

Since I already have a Three-Voice and an OB 6+6 (and stereo Matrix-6R & M-1000) for some welcome and wonderful Ober-sonic variations, then, this same sonic logic and synth justification reasoning applies to the welcome and wonderful P5 rev4 sonic variations, whilst already having the aforementioned P6 and also a killer PX.

And, since my space is quite limited, the 2021 P5 rev4 Module would be my only viable option, if I can scrape together the funds, so I'm very glad Sequential has announced they will be offering this cfg. I could position it on the slide-out tray under my 6+6+LFE table, so they'd all be playable at the same time.

Anyway, the 6+6+LFE is def a keeper rig for life... as is the PX. But, I'm hearing a sonic rawness in the P5 r4 to which I'd really love to have ready access - just like having the raw SEM-based synth along with the OB 6+6.

At first I thought they (the r4 & P6) would be very similar - and they are in many ways... but, they're also quite different in many ways. Again, Dave and team have done a masterful job of differentiating.

Anyway, just musing out loud. I may not be able to afford it down the road, but, I now know that I can't rule it out because it just sounds so damn good.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Done it. Ordered a P10 and Pro 3SE. Was way too good a deal to pass up.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatschmacher View Post
Done it. Ordered a P10 and Pro 3SE. Was way too good a deal to pass up.
Black Friday deal? Care to share?

Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory View Post
This synth sounds so damn RAW and appealing. All those sweet filter harmonics really tickle my ears.

Please bear with me as I try to justify this someday...

Comparing the sonics of a Sequential P5 rev4 vs. a P6 rev1 is kind of like comparing a RAW SEM-based synth like an Oberheim Two-or-Four-Voice with an OB-6 (also SEM-based).

Since I already have a Three-Voice and an OB 6+6 (and stereo Matrix-6R & M-1000) for some welcome and wonderful Ober-sonic variations, then, this same sonic logic and synth justification reasoning applies to the welcome and wonderful P5 rev4 sonic variations, whilst already having the aforementioned P6 and also a killer PX.

And, since my space is quite limited, the 2021 P5 rev4 Module would be my only viable option, if I can scrape together the funds, so I'm very glad Sequential has announced they will be offering this cfg. I could position it on the slide-out tray under my 6+6+LFE table, so they'd all be playable at the same time.

Anyway, the 6+6+LFE is def a keeper rig for life... as is the PX. But, I'm hearing a sonic rawness in the P5 r4 to which I'd really love to have ready access - just like having the raw SEM-based synth along with the OB 6+6.

At first I thought they (the r4 & P6) would be very similar - and they are in many ways... but, they're also quite different in many ways. Again, Dave and team have done a masterful job of differentiating.

Anyway, just musing out loud. I may not be able to afford it down the road, but, I now know that I can't rule it out because it just sounds so damn good.
How do you have the ob6 + 6 setup?

I was wondering if I should get another ob6. How does that work with patches.... Say you want to have both units play the same patch ?
Gear Head

Proaudiostar! Bf20 code for 20% off. Works for Prophet 10!
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Yes, I pre-ordered the P5 at Detroit Modular for 10% off...they have P10in stock
Lives for gear

Quote:

O'Hare is one of the few airports where one can arrive home a day late even if you live five miles away....
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Addict

I've added some more presets to the collection here... http://modulatable.com/prophet-5.html

Someone noted that the Prophet 5 is simple enough that gathering presets isn't all that necessary, and while I somewhat agree, it is still interesting to see what other people come up with. The synth has lots of surprises tucked away in there.

I hope more people contribute patches that they find interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S h a w View Post
I've added some more presets to the collection here... http://modulatable.com/prophet-5.html

Someone noted that the Prophet 5 is simple enough that gathering presets isn't all that necessary, and while I somewhat agree, it is still interesting to see what other people come up with. The synth has lots of surprises tucked away in there.

Meh, it's narrow minded (elitist) to think that there's no sense in selling/buying patches for (fairly) simple synths. Time earned skill is worth paying for.

Jean-Michel Jarre used presets.
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Head
After drooling over the P5’s for the last month, this happened.. yesterday I was asked to find a 2nd hand keyboard suitable for one of my piano students, so I went on gumtree and searched “keyboard” with a 10 mile radius. The first listing (listed literally minutes before I looked) was a Wurlitzer 200A, located less than 5 mins away. It’s had 1 owner since 1978, bought from new from a music shop in the town I live in. It has the original legs, sustain pedal, music stand, stool, even the bloody manual was included. The whole thing is virtually untouched and in mint condition. Got home and ran it through my RE-201 > Vibrochamp. words don’t do it justice. Some things are just meant to be.
Gear Maniac

Quote:

I like to upload a patch, but am not able to ... because it reads: please send an email on a button, but that button does neither reveal any email address nor does it anything at all.. ( javascript:em1(); ).

Can you check please, or PM me the email address in question?
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerErris View Post
I like to upload a patch, but am not able to ... because it reads: please send an email on a button, but that button does neither reveal any email address nor does it anything at all.. ( javascript:em1(); ).

Can you check please, or PM me the email address in question?
I tested the button just now and cannot replicate that error, but for you or anyone else who may be having this issue, here is my email address: [email protected]

Thank you!

Shaw
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamforemusic View Post
After drooling over the P5’s for the last month, this happened.. yesterday I was asked to find a 2nd hand keyboard suitable for one of my piano students, so I went on gumtree and searched “keyboard” with a 10 mile radius. The first listing (listed literally minutes before I looked) was a Wurlitzer 200A, located less than 5 mins away. It’s had 1 owner since 1978, bought from new from a music shop in the town I live in. It has the original legs, sustain pedal, music stand, stool, even the bloody manual was included. The whole thing is virtually untouched and in mint condition. Got home and ran it through my RE-201 > Vibrochamp. words don’t do it justice. Some things are just meant to be.
Great find, congratulations.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I tested the button just now and cannot replicate that error, but for you or anyone else who may be having this issue, here is my email address: [email protected]

Thank you!

Shaw
Do you plan to also create a sheet version of it? So having it as sysex is great, but having as a patch sheet gives the joy to replicate it and automatically put your own taste in it.

I assume, that from the sysex you could create the sheets if you have any engine for that, but it requires some programming.

Any plans for that?
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
For some synths and some people. But it’s not much more than a polyphonic SH101.

Having said that, slightly more humbly, there is nearly always something to learn.
📝 Reply