The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Sequential Prophet 5 and 10
Old 15th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Got my shipment confirmation for the P5 tonight and my P6 also just so happened to sell tonight. So I’m officially that guy. Let’s see if in a week or so I’m back here complaining about what a big mistake I made haha.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Just cancelled my P-10 order from Sweetwater and went with Noisebug instead. I'd ordered from SW just a few hours after the announcement and they were saying sometime in November, whereas Noisebug is in-stock and shipping. Was not using the free 2-year financing from SW so didn't make sense to stay with them. Fingers crossed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublave View Post
Got my shipment confirmation for the P5 tonight and my P6 also just so happened to sell tonight. So I’m officially that guy. Let’s see if in a week or so I’m back here complaining about what a big mistake I made haha.
Got the tracking from noisebug today as well. Should arrive friday
Gear Addict

Quote:
I’ve noticed that with SW. There was another synth I was going to buy from them a couple of months ago, but they were out of stock when plenty of other companies had them in. SW are kind of brilliant in assigning you a salesperson because then there’s a name and face for you to feel guilty about if you buy elsewhere. I felt bad canceling my preorder with my sales dude knowing he was losing that commission, but I had to go with the folks who actually had them in stock.
I’ve had the same Sweetwater rep for 20 years... His nickname in my phone is “Crack Dealer”. It’s funny when I get calls or emails. But yeah, it’s a great marketing move.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hit record and make us some MOAR demos pleeeez
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by S h a w View Post
I’ve had the same Sweetwater rep for 20 years... His nickname in my phone is “Crack Dealer”. It’s funny when I get calls or emails. But yeah, it’s a great marketing move.
My “Crack Dealer” has an assistant (Scott) who aggravated me so much the last time I called, I may not order from them any longer. Not only did he argue with me regarding something trivial, he did not pass along my request for info I wanted on the SE Midimini V30 which cost them a sale.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory View Post
<deleted by moderator>

So the Prophet 5 seems pretty cool

Last edited by Reptil; 15th October 2020 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: -
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_b_b View Post
So the Prophet 5 seems pretty cool
Oh yeah?
Old 15th October 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
So can this 10 voice version 'stack' A/B patches like on the Rev2 or is it literally just for playing huge 10 note chords or pads? I immediately regretted getting the 8 voice rev 2 after playing it because of that layered patch feature.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kijix84 View Post
So can this 10 voice version 'stack' A/B patches like on the Rev2 or is it literally just for playing huge 10 note chords or pads? I immediately regretted getting the 8 voice rev 2 after playing it because of that layered patch feature.
... here there is only one layer, no stacking.
Old 15th October 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
so speaking of Sweetwater ya my Sweetwater card got charged to another persons order more than once I might add.
This was a few years back. I caught when I was looking at my bills. I had to raise hell. I had been with my Sales guy for several years. I dropped him like a hot potato.
It was too bad for him he screwed up and it cost him a good customer.

Now with the whole across state lines sales tax it does not matter if I buy in state or out of state.
The only major benefit I can get out of Sweetwater is possibly long term low monthly payments so I can invest my money in making money while paying off.
It also can give a little more leverage towards working a better price though.
SFH
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallboard View Post
Okay so...
This is so awesome. Really happy for you. Surprises me that the first true delivery to someone in this thread ended up being the 10. I was given the idea that 5s were going out first and the 10s would come later on. Too bad you're going on a trip and can't post some clips. Have fun, my friend.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicncars View Post
Please, post photos and a snippet of video before your vacation! Don’t leave us hanging.
Prophet 10 First Power On

Alright, but bear in mind I don't really have time to do a clean record or do anything fancy. I'm not really much of a Youtuber (maybe that'll change someday?) and pardon my hasty and sucky playing

It'd be maybe cool to do a stream like "Okay guys what do you want me to d-ck around with next on this thing?" but I may not have time and there are far more knowledgable synthesists out there that could put this thing through it's paces better than I.

Vid is unlisted, don't mind if you share it, but it's not really a "finished" product.

Personally? This instrument feels positively transcendental to play. You immediately feel yourself engulfed in the power of the familiarity of the sound and its era--it feels like some strapped you into the pilot seat of Endeavor and handed you the keys

"You wanna take her for a spin, big guy?"

It's everything I loved about the Prophet 6 just more of it, bigger, more in your face. Dave wasn't kidding. This monster isn't "inspired by," or "based on," or even "damn near,"--it is. It is.

Anyway, I really hope this moves the thread forward. This instrument is a reason to celebrate, and even if it's not your thing I hope you can truly appreciate the joy it brings people to play it and to hear it. That's why I'm here.

Oh IN RE Sweetwater it's really weird that, since I placed my order within an hour of the page going live and snagged a spot on supposedly the first shipment that I've ordered it from another seller down the street from SCI who apparently knows all those guys personally had it delivered, jammed with it, and posted video of it and I haven't even heard of WHEN SW is getting them in. Anyway, very happy camper here, except I am NOT bringing this with me camping this weekend! Guess I should text my Crack Dealer and tell him I already have one in hand so someone else gets theirs that much sooner. Shout out to Robotspeak for taking such good care of me!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Alright, but bear in mind I don't really have time to do a clean record or do anything fancy. I'm not really much of a Youtuber (maybe that'll change someday?) and pardon my hasty and sucky playing

It'd be maybe cool to do a stream like "Okay guys what do you want me to d-ck around with next on this thing?" but I may not have time and there are far more knowledgable synthesists out there that could put this thing through it's paces better than I.

Vid is unlisted, don't mind if you share it, but it's not really a "finished" product.

Personally? This instrument feels positively transcendental to play. You immediately feel yourself engulfed in the power of the familiarity of the sound and its era--it feels like some strapped you into the pilot seat of Endeavor and handed you the keys

It's everything I loved about the Prophet 6 just more of it, bigger, more in your face. Dave wasn't kidding. This monster isn't "inspired by," or "based on," or even "damn near,"--it is. It is.

Anyway, I really hope this moves the thread forward. This instrument is a reason to celebrate, and even if it's not your thing I hope you can truly appreciate the joy it brings people to play it and to hear it. That's why I'm here.

Jesus... it sounds glorious even when not properly recorded... especially that #118 slow resonant pad...
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
SW are kind of brilliant in assigning you a salesperson because then there’s a name and face for you to feel guilty about if you buy elsewhere.
I think it backfired a bit in my case. It's just a little too weird placing an order and then reliably getting a call / text about it the next day from someone who I know is mostly there to sell me more stuff. No complaints about Sweetwater's service, or my sales rep (super nice guy), but I'm definitely happy to see that the smaller shops are the ones with Prophets in stock right now.

Now, to continue to resist the urge to take the day off tomorrow, drive to my local small shop with Prophet 10s in stock, and spend way too much money. So many wonderful unboxing photos and demos going on in this thread! And yeah, this is one great sounding synth.

Edit: Ah, out of stock. I'm safe! (For now.)

I really, really don't need this. But it sounds so good!
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Wow, that sounds good!
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Rob Lowe View Post
Is that a katydid on there?

That 10 looks great btw
Yeah it's a Katydid. She just...appeared there, so I snapped a photo.
Gear Addict

Quote:

Oh IN RE Sweetwater it's really weird that, since I placed my order within an hour of the page going live and snagged a spot on supposedly the first shipment that I've ordered it from another seller down the street from SCI who apparently knows all those guys personally had it delivered, jammed with it, and posted video of it and I haven't even heard of WHEN SW is getting them in. Anyway, very happy camper here, except I am NOT bringing this with me camping this weekend! Guess I should text my Crack Dealer and tell him I already have one in hand so someone else gets theirs that much sooner. Shout out to Robotspeak for taking such good care of me!
Thread rescued, we are all in your debt. Great job, and thank you.
Lives for gear

Quote:

Man, I know this will sound kind of crazy, but your post and your video was one of the best "new gear" experiences I've seen on this forum. I don't know if it was the casual way you filmed it, making it really look like you turning it on for the first time (and I believe it was), but I felt closer to your experience than I usually feel. It felt like I was that person behind the synths, close to you, hearing you play for the first time and although I don't know how you reacted, I can see you absorbed in the synth.

And now GAS is burning like hell!
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by guigui View Post
Man, I know this will sound kind of crazy, but your post and your video was one of the best "new gear" experiences I've seen on this forum. I don't know if it was the casual way you filmed it, making it really look like you turning it on for the first time (and I believe it was), but I felt closer to your experience than I usually feel. It felt like I was that person behind the synths, close to you, hearing you play for the first time and although I don't know how you reacted, I can see you absorbed in the synth.

And now GAS is burning like hell!
Thanks! Yeah this is just off my iPhone. And that was the first power on. It was an honor to have my bandmates (my bassist has the Summit next to my stand, which is replacing his Prophet 600) there to help me unbox it. I've never had an instrument that went straight from box to a live jam.

There was something so intrinsically deep and pure and ALIVE within this instrument. It sounded so perfect--even in its imperfections as you crank that Vintage knob up. It doesn't feel like anything really electronic, it's just that organic and straightforward. It just draws you in and I felt every other piece of gear I own just become silent in my head for a while. This is my desert island synth now. And as for deserts, this is a really uplifting oasis in an otherwise sorrowful year.

My GAS is burning like hell, but at this point it's the Round Table I had delivered earlier. Sequential Circuits: It's like Beano for your Wallet.
Gear Addict

Perfect tones.

Just awe inspiring.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Wow! Fantastic video! I hope you have a great vacation, but when you get back, a humble request. Can you demo some factory patches? More importantly, patch 21. I think you’re video just sold 1000 p10’s. Oh yeah....thank you very much! I know you were getting ready to go on a trip, your mind elsewhere and you appeased us.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Wow! Fantastic video! I hope you have a great vacation, but when you get back, a humble request. Can you demo some factory patches? More importantly, patch 21. I think you’re video just sold 1000 p10’s. Oh yeah....thank you very much! I know you were getting ready to go on a trip, your mind elsewhere and you appeased us.
It was my pleasure, and not to give you blue balls again, but the most fun I had out of that tonight was WIP stuff for our group's next album, so not quite sharable yet.

And make no mistake. My mind is hardly on my trip a this point right now >.< But for the camper I bring my little Yamaha MODx61 with a battery pack on it, which has quickly become one of my favorite little keyboards. Weighs next to nothing and does pretty much everything.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Thanks! Yeah this is just off my iPhone. And that was the first power on. It was an honor to have my bandmates (my bassist has the Summit next to my stand, which is replacing his Prophet 600) there to help me unbox it. I've never had an instrument that went straight from box to a live jam.

There was something so intrinsically deep and pure and ALIVE within this instrument. It sounded so perfect--even in its imperfections as you crank that Vintage knob up. It doesn't feel like anything really electronic, it's just that organic and straightforward. It just draws you in and I felt every other piece of gear I own just become silent in my head for a while. This is my desert island synth now. And as for deserts, this is a really uplifting oasis in an otherwise sorrowful year.

My GAS is burning like hell, but at this point it's the Round Table I had delivered earlier. Sequential Circuits: It's like Beano for your Wallet.
Sounds like a proper Prophet, I should know. Ive owned a Pro-one, Prophet 600, 4 Prophet 5s,(3.0, 3.2, 2- 3.3s) a Prophet 10 rev 3., Prophet 08, Prophet 12 and Prophet 6.
I currently own a Prophet 5 rev 1, and getting ready to preorder a Prophet 10. R4.
Not only does the Prophet 5/10 look amazing, it sounds amazing.
Btw, I bought my Prophet 12 from noisebug, same as these prophet 5/10’s, they got them before anyone. Great company! Btw, the way you demoed the synth, is my style of playing. I could almost imagine myself playing those parts. Lol. Now I’ll dream of playing one. Have a safe trip, and Congrats, on being the first to post a Prophet 10 video!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
It was my pleasure, and not to give you blue balls again, but the most fun I had out of that tonight was WIP stuff for our group's next album, so not quite sharable yet.

And make no mistake. My mind is hardly on my trip a this point right now >.< But for the camper I bring my little Yamaha MODx61 with a battery pack on it, which has quickly become one of my favorite little keyboards. Weighs next to nothing and does pretty much everything.
Thank you so much. I wanted to hear the 10 voice again and I came away going I think I am changing my order to a 10 voice. lol
It sounded great for a last minute impromptu. Have a great camping trip I bet your gonna be itching to get home to play it the whole time.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Go camping, have fun, get bit by bugs, then wonder why you’re out in the woods when you could be bug bite free, recording your Prophet 10. Lol. I jest. Camping is fun, it’s great to leave the the world behind and blend in with nature for awhile. This is a great time of year to go.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Go camping, have fun, get bit by bugs, then wonder why you’re out in the woods when you could be bug bite free, recording your Prophet 10. Lol. I jest. Camping is fun, it’s great to leave the the world behind and blend in with nature for awhile. This is a great time of year to go.

Well if the bugs come out, I'll duck into my camper! But it's getting a bit cold for that up here in the PNW. With any luck, will still be making music while I'm out there.

Was that seriously the first ever video of a P10?? There's got to have been one from SCI right?

Oh I should clarify this wasn't STRICTLY a naked signal. This is running through a software channel strip our engineer set up in Studio One because we run our live recording rig off my Macintosh.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Luckily our drummer's household also has a camper and the spot we're going to has a covered picnic area so we have some opportunity for socially distant jamming. With any luck, will still be making music while I'm out there.

Was that seriously the first ever video of a P10?? There's got to have been one from SCI right?
AFAIK yours is the first. Social distance jamming at the KOA..... sounds legit!
BTW, I pretty much camp 3-4 weeks out of the month. I’m a OTR truck driver..right now, I’m “camping” at a Loves truck stop in Alabama. It’s either Truck stops or Rest areas, every night. Ive got a laptop, headphones and some plugs with me, so I can noodle, mostly when I have a 34 hour reset.
I’m getting ready for the truck stop world tour...lol. .
Gear Nut

Quote:
AFAIK yours is the first. Social distance jamming at the KOA..... sounds legit!
BTW, I pretty much camp 3-4 weeks out of the month. I’m a OTR truck driver..right now, I’m “camping” at a Loves truck stop in Alabama. It’s either Truck stops or Rest areas, every night. Ive got a laptop, headphones and some plugs with me, so I can noodle, mostly when I have a 34 hour reset.
I’m getting ready for the truck stop world tour...lol. .
Hooray for Loves! They have everything you'd ever want except a comprehensive boutique of synths, but at least you can get a hot shower and a beef stick.

Anyway, are you an OO? Can you cleverly place some keyboard arms on the wall of your sleeper cab so you can take something to play on the road? My old camper I had two collapsible stools to raise the counter up to playing height and two 1/4" line inputs and an IEC power cord running off our inverter so I could just throw whatever synth on my bunk and go for the weekend.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Okay so...
Seeing these photos, and a brand spanking new Prophet-10 in the hands of a musician in 2020, really made it sink in just how cool this is. So awesome.

Have fun with it, man!

I feel for you having to leave on a vacation one day after unboxing that beauty.

I would be in agony, even if I were about to embark on a dream vacation.
📝 Reply