The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Otherworldly hardware recommendations?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
Found this duo great for a Boards of Canada vibe, funny how one cost me £500 whilst the other cost me £4

Car boot sale?

I missed a VSS-200 last summer. Was looking at it mentally rubbing my hands together as someone reached over and snatched it away. Also just missed an AN1x.

Trick with car boots is, don't hesitate even one milli-second.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat View Post
look, yes or no, buy or walk, same with ebay. its how i got my esi's and marantz ssr cheap
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Car boot sale?

I missed a VSS-200 last summer. Was looking at it mentally rubbing my hands together as someone reached over and snatched it away. Also just missed an AN1x.

Yes a few years back I got the VSS-200 from a carboot sale for £4, a week later I got a VSS-30 for £3
Got a lot of these Yamaha’s over the years from bootsales, been having fun with the PSS680 too.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Yes a few years back I got the VSS-200 from a carboot sale for £4, a week later I got a VSS-30 for £3
Got a lot of these Yamaha’s over the years from bootsales
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Got a lot of these Yamaha’s over the years from bootsales, been having fun with the PSS680 too.
Theres always a few Casio's at the boot sale I go to. Occasionally you bump into one of the desirable ones.

Problem is, Markus Fuller goes to one of the ones I go to , so I'm stuffed
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Problem is, Markus Fuller goes to one of the ones I go to , so I'm stuffed
i was thinking about that earlier
in that case murder or kidnapping are your only options
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Palmer View Post
i was thinking about that earlier
in that case murder or kidnapping are your only options
Carboot massacre.

I have actually witnessed some argy bargy pushing and shoving over stuff. even when the item was only 50p.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Carboot massacre.

I have actually witnessed some argy bargy pushing and shoving over stuff. even when the item was only 50p.
you wanna watch the old dears when they are shopping, chuck norris wouldnt stand a chance, they are the twinset ninjas
Old 3 weeks ago
Quantum/Iridium, without a doubt, and of course, the VirusTI (Howard Scarr, YES!). The MODX/Montage FM "effects" patches are also amazingly "otherworldly."
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

"Otherworldly" is such an alienating term, as is the word "alien" itself. That's why we say "E.T." or "extraterrestrial" and "differently worlded".

Now, I remember one situation where they used an Arp 2500 to jam with ETs. Behringer just happens to be making new 2500 modules. That's an option. Of course, that scenario happened back in 1977. They didn't have these fancy digital synths and all of the fx we have today.

So, I see the OP's question as, "If ETs were to visit us today, in 2020, what synth would the scientists use to communicate with them?" To answer that question today, you have to ask, "Who would be willing to pay the highest product placement fee?"

So, the most, ahem, "otherworldy" synth would likely be a Lumi. The Roli Lumi. Or, if Roli couldn't raise the fundage, maybe it's a white Montage. Wouldn't that make an awesome scene? Or an MC-707?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Lumi is mostly a controller and mine is falling apart. Most of the keys are just completely coming undone, the plastic is cracking and just peeling away. You can can get better mpe controllers for sure.
📝 Reply