The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Moog New Dark Series for Matriarch & Grandmother
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooftree View Post
I'm thinking along the same lines. I wonder how the black version would have looked if they had used brightly colored lines to outline each section: a blue line around the oscillators section, a green line around the mixer section, etc.
It looks confusing because the lines are quite thin. They would have to redesign the panel.

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectral Climax View Post
It looks confusing because the lines are quite thin. They would have to redesign the panel.

Ooh... that looks quite nice.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Reminds me of the CS-10/15/30 styling. I like it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATOSFEAR View Post
Moog is the Synth Co. of a thousand colors.. Remember the Voyagers that came in almost every color of the rainbow. (sigh) I bought 2 of them.
Glad to see this in black .. I may be in the minority but the multi color Matriarch made reminded me
of something from Radio Shack.
I had that exact same kit, and that was the first thing I thought of, upon meeting granny.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

Nice.. I know I’m nitpicking.. but would really have
liked it better if the used white buttons...
Attached Thumbnails
Moog New Dark Series for Matriarch & Grandmother-38b347b6-5a9b-40d6-b6ae-e30c56a7c55e.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

..a vintage "SEM cream" version could be nice too!

Old 3 weeks ago
eb7
Lives for gear

Quote:
Now that's worth trading for. How about the same, but with the colored buttons of the original instead of all red?
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:

That's what I'm talking about. I like the GM in black, but the Matriarch looks so much better in a light color.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb7 View Post
Now that's worth trading for. How about the same, but with the colored buttons of the original instead of all red?
It’s a looker !!
Attached Thumbnails
Moog New Dark Series for Matriarch & Grandmother-24009763-e633-40ef-b70c-81fdf4449e1e.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

I’d have to buy this ..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'd buy white / bright / gray / cream version if the buttons weren't red. At leat add a few yellow or orange ones, but all red buttons.. no.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
That's what I'm talking about. I like the GM in black, but the Matriarch looks so much better in a light color.
It doesn’t look “Moog,” but it does look really cool...!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I wasn't crazy about the Multicolored Matriarch, but bought it anyway and it grew on me. I thought I'd like a black one, but I actually like the original better. The black is too plain and utilitarian looking, it's missing something... wood sides, a bit of color here and there, I dunno. But I'm glad I don't love it so I don't regret buying the original.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:

uhhh ohhh that looks great, now if only a colab btwn Tom and Moog would happen,,,

a new version, build on Matriarch format, yet with licenced SEM oscillators and state variable filters, in the above colour scheme. .. hordes of synthsluts would want to have both

tho i must confess i'd buy the SEM version first ..

back to topic, i think its nice they offer two versions now. i like the originals, but these dark ones aren't unappealing - especially succesful with GM form factor, looks like a new sleek Prodigy or Rogue.
Old 3 weeks ago
The Moog Grandmother/Matriarch in their original color schemes will become part of the permanent collection at MOMA. The Arturia Polybrute will be at the Natural History Museum under, "musical instrument, circa 1970," due to inconclusive carbon-dating.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
Prodigy or Rogue.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
uhhh ohhh that looks great, now if only a colab btwn Tom and Moog would happen,,,

a new version, build on Matriarch format, yet with licenced SEM oscillators and state variable filters, in the above colour scheme. .. hordes of synthsluts would want to have both

that would fill the space I have for one more synth
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

A modern Oberheim 4-voice in a Matriarch style case with the cream color would be SWEET. Though a paraphonic version wouldn't be bad either.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
that would fill the space I have for one more synth
We always have room for one more synth
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by touched View Post
We always have room for one more synth
Or synths for one more room...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzzz View Post
Or synths for one more room...
Lol true!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The more I look at these black versions the less I like them. They really took the character and sunshine out of these instruments. More anonymous and black electronics, blah. Another rainy day in London.

Need to counterbalance the darkness with LIGHTS! A bit like they did with the Voyager:

Make the lights RGB and CV controllable for the ultimate blinky madness experience... The only cure for Gray Joy-Con syndrome!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

That is an excellent design! So appealing, I hope manufacturers take note!

Nice work by @ Spectral Climax
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I have a multicolored/first-gen Grandmother.

Guess I'll have to sell it, eat the loss, and snag a black one. I'd have preferred a black one from the beginning. Oh well. At least it's possible now.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
I have a multicolored/first-gen Grandmother.

Guess I'll have to sell it, eat the loss, and snag a black one. I'd have preferred a black one from the beginning. Oh well. At least it's possible now.
Someone hasn't come up with panel overlays for the Grand/Matriarch yet?

Cheaper than selling/rebuying, and less destructive than giving your synth a paint job.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I know this video is nothing new, but this thread has really stoked my desire for a Matriarch. I've been listening to demos tonight and this sounds so much more magical to me than a morphing polyphonic brute. Deep and rich. Love the integrated delay.

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

those dark Moogs would look great with wooden side panels
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by touched View Post
I know this video is nothing new, but this thread has really stoked my desire for a Matriarch. I've been listening to demos tonight and this sounds so much more magical to me than a morphing polyphonic brute. Deep and rich. Love the integrated delay.

agreed. It sounds great and the design is excellent. The connectivity is perfect for my needs and opens up many possibilities in my setup. The black feels like my old little MOTM setup but more user friendly. Ha! I would be fine with the cheery version too. Not sure if I can get this right away, but it’s definitely top of my list for now.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by becks bolero View Post
those dark Moogs would look great with wooden side panels
full wood cases
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Of course you give the people what they want, but personally I'm never that thrilled seeing another black synth with silver knobs, unless it's a moog modular that is
📝 Reply