The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia Poly Brute
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
  #1981
Gear Head
 
Don’t jinx it plz
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
  #1982
Lives for gear
 
Synthpark's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos215bar2 View Post
I'll admit, I'm a little confused at how Arturia managed to announce this in September, 2020, and yet still posted overly eager shipping timeframes that have been rolled back twice (I think).

Will it matter in the end? Not really. Doubly so if you ordered from a shop that doesn't charge until they ship. But it still looks sloppy and results in at least some mild disappointment.

Hopefully these ship out without any hardware issues, at least.
They learned from the Super 6. Still not in stock at Thomann after how many years? Now people can start to save money for it.
Old 2nd December 2020
  #1983
vlz
Lives for gear
 
vlz's Avatar
Even the evil B appears to be delivering faster than Arturia with their first 2600s appearing this week.
Old 2nd December 2020
  #1984
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
I think France is having particular problems, with their tougher lockdowns than many places - see the problems that Expressive-E have been having too.
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
  #1985
Lives for gear
 
Synthpark's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell r. View Post
I think France is having particular problems, with their tougher lockdowns than many places - see the problems that Expressive-E have been having too.
Probably the problem is rather the big cargo ship going out of the Chinese factory. Or the received the load and need to spend 5 hours testing per unit as promissed.
Old 2nd December 2020
  #1986
Lives for gear
 
tjontheroad's Avatar
Arturia typically announces and drops near instantly like with software, Keystep, and MicroFreak. PolyBrute is extra difficult to do that with because of its extreme complexity. That and all the lockdowns make it harder. Let them take their time. It'll be worth the wait.
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
  #1987
Lives for gear
 
rockreid's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
As long as Arturia keeps a fiasco like the recent Sequential capacitor issue from happening it’s all good. Take your time and get it right first batch.
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
  #1988
Gear Guru
 
zerocrossing's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
It's true. You have to hand it to sequential, announced it and a fortnight later people were getting delivery.
They are good that way, but OTOH, having some advanced knowledge does help one plan. I cleared a spot for this baby in September.
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
  #1989
Lives for gear
 
kurzweil's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthpark View Post
They learned from the Super 6. Still not in stock at Thomann after how many years? Now people can start to save money for it.
Although you can buy a Super 6 from UK retailers, so nice (for a change) that the local shops get some decent levels of stock. The big box-shifters like Thomann hoover up the stock, but don't always offer best prices or service in my experience. Nothing wrong with Thomann, but there's nothing special about them either really.
Old 3rd December 2020 | Show parent
  #1990
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockreid View Post
As long as Arturia keeps a fiasco like the recent Sequential capacitor issue from happening it’s all good. Take your time and get it right first batch.
Sequential have come good with it all now, but I wonder if it will make other manafacturers cautious about releasing before the spring, or before the more difficult stage of the pandemic is over - it seems to have been a problem relating to the distancing measures making it harder for all their team to test out their relevant parts of the synth respectively, in person, before the production process starts, and from what I understand of it expressive-e have had a similar problem.

Sequential have taken a risk, got through the problem and now have their synths out before everyone else's, but I expect they'll all be weighing up the pros and cons carefully.

Last edited by wendell r.; 3rd December 2020 at 10:31 AM..
Old 3rd December 2020 | Show parent
  #1991
Lives for gear
 
Synthpark's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell r. View Post
Sequential have come good with it all now, but I wonder if it will make other manafacturers cautious about releasing before the spring, or before the more difficult stage of the pandemic is over - it seems to have been a problem relating to the distancing measures making it harder for all their team to test out their relevant parts of the synth respectively, in person, before the production process starts, and from what I understand of it expressive-e have had a similar problem.

Sequential have taken a risk, got through the problem and now have their synths out before everyone else's, but I expect they'll all be weighing up the pros and cons carefully.
You probably have never worked in a company doing tech, did you?

The service and quality control department in the place I work is still present and test their units before these go out to any customer, because the products are sold over the whole globe. That has nothing to do with the pandemic, not here and not there. It is easy to keep distance between employees, as inspection can be done by one well trained person and any other, just that they don't have to be present at the same time in the same room.
Old 3rd December 2020
  #1992
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
That wasn't the problem they had, from what I read on the thread - it's that some employees couldn't come into work physically at all, because of lockdowns in different places. France also has some of the harshest lockdowns.
Old 3rd December 2020 | Show parent
  #1993
Lives for gear
 
kurzweil's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthpark View Post
You probably have never worked in a company doing tech, did you?

The service and quality control department in the place I work is still present and test their units before these go out to any customer, because the products are sold over the whole globe. That has nothing to do with the pandemic, not here and not there. It is easy to keep distance between employees, as inspection can be done by one well trained person and any other, just that they don't have to be present at the same time in the same room.
PCBs from fab plants are also checked by robot-eye, and sample-checked by a human, so it's hard to imagine how a major PCB fault could have been overlooked unless it was a design error in the first place. Not sure where Sequential PCBs are made, but likely a fab plant in SF area that also made PCBs on demand for their other synths previously.
Old 3rd December 2020 | Show parent
  #1994
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
PCBs from fab plants are also checked by robot-eye, and sample-checked by a human, so it's hard to imagine how a major PCB fault could have been overlooked unless it was a design error in the first place. Not sure where Sequential PCBs are made, but likely a fab plant in SF area that also made PCBs on demand for their other synths previously.
I think it's safe to assume the fab was producing the design they were sent. The problem is that no one at Sequential caught the error.

I wasn't following the Prophet 5/10 thread closely, so I'm not sure what the background was on why those capacitors were in the design in the first place.
Old 3rd December 2020 | Show parent
  #1995
Lives for gear
 
DStep ATL's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrismaticOrb View Post
According to an update from sweet water. As for anything in the world today.. There is no exact guaranteed timeframe. Just what I heard. Exciting no doubt.
They told me end of January, I am second on the list.
Old 3rd December 2020
  #1996
Gear Head
 
Just relaying what I had heard that day from an email from Aaron Kinney. I don’t check in very often but I guess if they told me this week and told you January.. then March it is!
Old 3rd December 2020
  #1997
Gear Maniac
 
dossiers_upfront's Avatar
 
I wonder if you can use the ribbon to control arpeggiator octave selection like with a d-beam, that'd be so cool!
Old 4th December 2020 | Show parent
  #1998
Lives for gear
 
guyaguy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dossiers_upfront View Post
I wonder if you can use the ribbon to control arpeggiator octave selection like with a d-beam, that'd be so cool!
Based on the spec it would seem so since the ribbon is a matrix source and pitch a destination. But I’d assume you’d hear the pitches in between even if you quantize the VCOs to a scale.

I’m looking forward to using it as an ondes Martenot!
Old 4th December 2020 | Show parent
  #1999
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
Best Doty video yet.
https://youtu.be/KvlNbHVJ0FQ
Old 4th December 2020 | Show parent
  #2000
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaCat View Post
Best Doty video yet.
https://youtu.be/KvlNbHVJ0FQ
Yep, this one was delightful and cracked me up.
Old 4th December 2020 | Show parent
  #2001
Lives for gear
 
Synthpark's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaCat View Post
Best Doty video yet.
https://youtu.be/KvlNbHVJ0FQ
This educational video is the best video I have ever seen about anything. At first he talks half of the video about morphing. When Nord Lead came out, there was morphing, but there was no internet, and because there was no internet, there was no Youtube, and because there was no Youtube, people had to read the manual which would just provide a few sentences how to use morphing and that was it. People were just using it, nothing had to be said about it.

Had hoped there would be more than just a morph between a saw and a square ;D. But even the square wave sounded good, so Arturia must have done something right. Looking forward to the Polybrute with its blueish color and the nice basic sound.
Old 4th December 2020 | Show parent
  #2002
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthpark View Post
When Nord Lead came out, there was morphing, but there was no internet, and because there was no internet, there was no Youtube, and because there was no Youtube, people had to read the manual which would just provide a few sentences how to use morphing and that was it. People were just using it, nothing had to be said about it.
Couldn't this be said about literally anything? I'd also imagine plenty was said, just not publicly distributed for all to see on the internet.
Old 4th December 2020 | Show parent
  #2003
Lives for gear
 
Synthpark's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos215bar2 View Post
Couldn't this be said about literally anything? I'd also imagine plenty was said, just not publicly distributed for all to see on the internet.
Let's say somebody makes a video about morphing and wants to come to the point:

First sentence: you have to tweak the very ends of the morph knob thinking of two snap shots.

Second sentence: Notice how the Polybrute is designed to favour continuous tweaking instead of switching (from hardsync to no sync instead of hard sync switch, fading from triangle to saw, fading from this sum to the square) in order to allow mophing.

Everything said. In less than 30 seconds. And then you an start to show nice examples of morphing sounds.

Last edited by Synthpark; 5th December 2020 at 08:20 AM..
Old 5th December 2020
  #2004
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
That's a different video entirely. You might already know how the morph knob works, but there's just a little more to it than that.
Old 6th December 2020 | Show parent
  #2005
Gear Guru
 
zerocrossing's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DStep ATL View Post
They told me end of January, I am second on the list.
That’s sad. I’m putting all my Christmas eggs in that basket, so it’ll be empty on my side of the tree. OTOH, everyone’s always home all day during the holidays and I rarely get a moment in my studio, so I’m actually sad about nothing.
Old 8th December 2020
  #2006
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Old 8th December 2020 | Show parent
  #2007
Gear Guru
 
zerocrossing's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DStep ATL View Post
They told me end of January, I am second on the list.
Sweetwater told me January too.
Old 11th December 2020
  #2008
Gear Maniac
 
dossiers_upfront's Avatar
 
two new Arturia tutorials up today!



Old 11th December 2020 | Show parent
  #2009
Lives for gear
 
tjontheroad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dossiers_upfront View Post
two new Arturia tutorials up today!



Synth is a beast!
Old 12th December 2020 | Show parent
  #2010
Lives for gear
 
guyaguy's Avatar
 
Dear Lord...You can Motion record the Morphee?!

Come ON, January!
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 4262 views: 429007
Avatar for Nleif
Nleif 1 week ago
replies: 77 views: 6404
Avatar for somant
somant 19th August 2020
replies: 7256 views: 528760
Avatar for Gomjab
Gomjab 7 hours ago
replies: 176 views: 10816
Avatar for zerocrossing
zerocrossing 3 weeks ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump