The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Maschine standalone - Maschine+ is here!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Maschine standalone - Maschine+ is here!

https://vintageking.com/native-instr...-maschine-plus
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nice rickroll, buddy...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Just kidding. Sweet.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Oh wow, looks kind of nice. I wonder what kind of synthesis options it has in standalone. 4 gigs of memory, wonder if it has disk streaming. Probably has a touch screen.

It doesn’t seem to have the amount of connectivity that my MPC Live 2 has, just MIDI in and out, no SATA connector, not sure about MIDI over USB.

Last edited by Discopotato; 1 week ago at 11:10 PM.. Reason: Didn’t read description
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Uhm any other info?
Cpu, Ram, Os?
In and outs?
I cannot find any info anywhere.
Is it real or just a guess?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Hm, not for me, but I suspect this will be huge.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Ah here we go:

FEATURES:
Immersive standalone workflow for creating beats and melodies, sampling, arranging music, and performing on stage or in the studio
Includes Maschine+ Selection with industry-leading instruments, sounds, and effects, plus renowned Maschine drum and bass synth plug-ins and effects
Quad-core CPU and 4 GB RAM for fast, seamless creation when it counts
Pro-grade, 44 kHz/32-bit audio interface with 2 x ¼” TRS line outputs, 2 x ¼” TRS line inputs, ¼” dynamic mic input, stereo headphone output, 1 x MIDI In, 1 x MIDI out; 1 x Footswitch, 2 x USB ports for MIDI controllers/external HDDs
Robust, anodized aluminum design for years on the road and in the studio
Iconic Maschine features and workflow including 16 velocity-sensitive pads, Maschine effects and plugins, swing, pad link, note repeat, step sequencer, and vintage sampler emulation
Use standalone or with a computer – integrate with your studio workflow, and unplug for DAW-less setups or live performances
WiFi and Link enabled for wirelessly installing and updating products, collaborating with others, and syncing with other gear
HARDWARE SPECIFICATIONS:
Quad-core processor
4GB dual channel DDR3L RAM
32 GB internal eMMC flash storage (for OS and factory content)
2x color displays (480 x 272)
64GB SD card included
WiFi enabled
INCLUDED SOFTWARE
Maschine+ includes Maschine+ Selection, a curated package of instruments, effects, and Expansions chosen for use in both standalone and controller mode:

Maschine FACTORY LIBRARY

8GB library of high-quality sounds, drum kits, multi-sampled instruments, patterns, projects, and sliced loops, Bass Synth, and Drum Synths: 5 fully tweakable, automatable drum plug-ins.

INSTRUMENTS:

FM8, MASSIVE, MONARK, PRISM, REAKTOR Factory Selection R2, KONTAKT Factory Selection, RETRO MACHINES.

EFFECTS:

RAUM, PHASIS.

EXPANSIONS:

DEEP MATTER, LILAC GLARE, SOLAR BREEZE, TRUE SCHOOL, VELVET LOUNGE (Plus voucher for two additional Expansions).
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpcMc View Post
Uhm any other info?
Cpu, Ram, Os?
In and outs?
I cannot find any info anywhere.
Is it real or just a guess?
It's all there if you click the link...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discopotato View Post
Oh wow, looks kind of nice. I wonder what kind of synthesis options it has in standalone. 4 gigs of memory, wonder if it has disk streaming. Probably has a touch screen.

It doesn’t seem to have the amount of connectivity that my MPC Live 2 has, just MIDI in and out, no SATA connector, not sure about MIDI over USB.
Looks identical to mk3, doubt it has a touch screen
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanM View Post
It's all there if you click the link...
It looks like a really good competitor of Mpc.
4gb of Ram (Mpc has 2).
Very good NI synths.
Kontakt!!!!!!
External inputs and an input for microphone.
Two displays!!!

That's huge, man.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Only a matter of time until they come out with a keyboard version.

Which should have much more leading edge memory, CPU, storage and easy HDMI hookup to a bigger screen if desired.

At a time when the Playststion 5 is about to debut with specialized, super fast NVMe SSD, multi core CPU and DDR6 RAM, as a toy, for $600, a NI keyboard should be competitive with at least that, as a built-in computer.

We’re finally almost there! Hang in there, NI, and do it really right!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post

Which should have much more leading edge memory, CPU, storage and easy HDMI hookup to a bigger screen if desired.

At a time when the Playststion 5 is about to debut with specialized, super fast NVe SSD, multi core CPU and DDR6 RAM, as a toy, for $600, a NI keyboard should be competitive with at least that, as a built-in computer.

Yeah we are almost there.
But what about effects?
Only these two?
🤔
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

might be the first maschine i'm actually interested in after giving the original one a chance. bit pricey though. that's a about 84hp or eurorack
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

At a time when the Playststion 5 is about to debut with specialized, super fast NVMe SSD, multi core CPU and DDR6 RAM, as a toy, for $600, a NI keyboard should be competitive with at least that, as a built-in computer.

Ah, the usual unrealistic expectations. Mass market gadget like the PS5 will sell by magnitudes more than niche music making gizmos
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

If they do it for under 2 grand, it could be the best workstation on the market.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
I’m guessing that only the bass and drum synths are available in standalone mode, but if FM8, Massive, or Reaktor are available in standalone mode then that would really be something.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

You know, I had a funny idea: what if I could turn the screen of my iMac into a touchscreen, give Logic some kind of overlay to make the controls into pads.. I think I'd have me a groovebox with a 27" display, 1TB drive and 16GB of RAM. Oh, and I can upgrade both the drive and the RAM, would you believe that? How many people (maybe even developers) will look at the software synth on their iPad and think: "hm, this screen is awfully small.. surely with some tinkering this bigger computer over here..." and so on.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpcMc View Post
It looks like a really good competitor of Mpc.
4gb of Ram (Mpc has 2).
Very good NI synths.
Kontakt!!!!!!
External inputs and an input for microphone.
Two displays!!!

That's huge, man.
If it has (complex) soft synths, if it works it's going to obliterate the MPC/Force. Allegedly it's just a PC running Vsts in a box so I'm curious about CPU and latency issues. But if they really pulled it off, then it's gona be a game changer in the groovebox market.

But I'm waiting for official confirmation. It could be fake.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Maybe they should have included an XLR connection for the mic input.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason108 View Post
Maybe they should have included an XLR connection for the mic input.
Yeah, and they probably should have also added an additional set of ins and outs as well. If the price is correct, then 2 ins and 2 outs is pretty skimpy for $1399. At least have an extra set of assignable outputs.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

You had me at

"INSTRUMENTS:

FM8, MASSIVE, Monark, PRISM, Reaktor Factory Selection R2, KONTAKT Factory Selection, RETRO MACHINES."

If these all work STANDALONE, I'm selling my MPC live. Dayum

I'm not expecting this to give me Kontakt standalone.. but if such a thing ever materializes, it's game over.. I've been praying for it to happen for ages. Its the last hardware instrument we never had, a fullblown contemporary sampler.. in hardware.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c View Post
You had me at

"INSTRUMENTS:

FM8, MASSIVE, Monark, PRISM, Reaktor Factory Selection R2, KONTAKT Factory Selection, RETRO MACHINES."

If these all work STANDALONE, I'm selling my MPC live. Dayum
I agree, this would be "Massive" if they were all included. I just wasn't sure if by the wording, it just meant they were included as regular plugs for your computer. I sure hope they are able to run standalone. They would get a purchase from me for sure.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
INCLUDED SOFTWARE
Maschine+ includes Maschine+ Selection, a curated package of instruments, effects, and Expansions chosen for use in both standalone and controller mode:

Maschine FACTORY LIBRARY

8GB library of high-quality sounds, drum kits, multi-sampled instruments, patterns, projects, and sliced loops, Bass Synth, and Drum Synths: 5 fully tweakable, automatable drum plug-ins.

INSTRUMENTS:

FM8, MASSIVE, MONARK, PRISM, REAKTOR Factory Selection R2, KONTAKT Factory Selection, RETRO MACHINES.

EFFECTS:

RAUM, PHASIS.

EXPANSIONS:

DEEP MATTER, LILAC GLARE, SOLAR BREEZE, TRUE SCHOOL, VELVET LOUNGE (Plus voucher for two additional Expansions).
The bolded part with the colon reads like all of this can be used standalone. Probably is. Otherwise, quad core/4gb ram just to play drum samples?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanM View Post
The bolded part with the colon reads like all of this can be used standalone. Probably is. Otherwise, quad core/4gb ram just to play drum samples?
Well, the operating system is going to use some RAM. Not sure how much it will take for Maschine, but MPC Live is around 700mb. Also, people sample a lot more than just drums. Maybe they wanted to make sure that the project size's could be very large, and hold a lot of samples. People are always asking for more RAM.

Regardless, I do hope that they can all be used standalone. This would be a stellar beast if that were true. And I am a big fan of RAUM. Nice reverb.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisNameSucks View Post
Yeah, and they probably should have also added an additional set of ins and outs as well. If the price is correct, then 2 ins and 2 outs is pretty skimpy for $1399. At least have an extra set of assignable outputs.
Maybe audio (and midi) Connectivity can be expanded through class compliant usb devices.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by olafmol View Post
Maybe audio (and midi) Connectivity can be expanded through class compliant usb devices.
If that were possible, it'd be a genius move from NI. I'm very keen to know what sort of hardware platform is onboard. If NI has went with something that makes porting of their existing software relatively painless, this new hardware platform might become a big item by itself in the future for all sorts of "plug out" music hardware, as just about every pc/mac software developer could get their code running on it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by olafmol View Post
That would be great of we could expand it with something like the Komplete Audio 6.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Learning from the history of previous instruments by a varaiety of companies, i'd be very caerful as to being 100% sure what this maschine does and what it can't do, to avoid later on frustration.
Things like - does it have song/arranger mode, can it run these plugins in standalone or not, can it stream audio and allow you to build a 2 hour set moving seamllesly from project to project or will you need to stop and load the next project each time you want to switch to another song/track, etc etc.
These are the kind of things that can make people very disappointed or angry.
Perhaps the new maschine can do this, perhaps not. Better for them to be very very clear and upfront and not vague (like the description of the plugins leaving us confused whether they can run stand alone or on the computer).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Now we are getting somewhere. On paper this looks like the most heavy duty groovebox till now.

The synths alone just blew akai out the water.

Need to see a demo to know they got it right.

Oh yeah, akai, you might wanna finish the codes for the force update soon, because that whole product just got redundant.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post
Oh, well, it looks very nice, but $1400… this is 2 MPC One…

But, it has quad-core CPU and 4 GB RAM, instead of 2 GB on the MPC Live, and the Maschine's sound library looks massive, so, on specs it looks like it is more powerful than even the MPC Live...
Until we know what soc they are using I’m reserving judgement on more powerful. It does have more ram, and more internal storage but can the storage be expanded like the MPC? The MPC is already a quad core system if I’m not mistaken, but that doesn’t mean anything depending the version of ARM their system is based off of.

The OS is probably going to eat into the 4GB ram Just like MPC. I also wouldn’t be surprised if this Maschine didn’t run on something very similar to the rock chip based MPC. Basically an ARM based system and a version of Linux that bootstraps the Maschine software/VST. Seems to be the way most of these companies are going nowadays.
📝 Reply