The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland TR8S on a PC - Mixing?
Old 14th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Roland TR8S on a PC - Mixing?

Hi all

Have a Digitakt and Overbridge is great.
Using a PC running Ableton am able to get all channels up and mix them separately.

Am going to get a Roland TR8S also... Just wondered if there's any way to do something similar without having to use multiple outputs (I don't have any inputs left on my soundcard). Don't want to use the TR8S as my main soundcard.

Thanks
Old 14th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpd View Post
Hi all

Have a Digitakt and Overbridge is great.
Using a PC running Ableton am able to get all channels up and mix them separately.

Am going to get a Roland TR8S also... Just wondered if there's any way to do something similar without having to use multiple outputs (I don't have any inputs left on my soundcard). Don't want to use the TR8S as my main soundcard.

Thanks
Using the TR8S as a soundcard is the only way to get all channels separate in your DAW as digital inputs.

Maybe you can add 8 inputs with an ADAT interface to your current interface? Behringer ADA8200 is cheap and good enough for line inputs.
Old 14th August 2020
AISO4ALL allegedly has capabilities for creating aggregate audio devices on Windows 10.

I haven't tried it yet so I cannot comment on the setup, reliability or resulting latency - but it may be worth experimenting for your purposes.

I think it leaves the original devices in place and just adds new combined virtual devices to choose from your audio device set-up drop-downs so it should be possible to switch back the the normal interface driver when not using the aggregate function.
Old 14th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiguous signal View Post
AISO4ALL allegedly has capabilities for creating aggregate audio devices on Windows 10.

I haven't tried it yet so I cannot comment on the setup, reliability or resulting latency - but it may be worth experimenting for your purposes.

I think it leaves the original devices in place and just adds new combined virtual devices to choose from your audio device set-up drop-downs so it should be possible to switch back the the normal interface driver when not using the aggregate function.
I used TR-09 like this in Cubase 9, Asio4all, Windows 10, since sold but now use D-05 the same way(as external instrument), however when I had both TR-09 and D-05 I could not get both at the same time to work(setup), though that could of been user error. The TR8S should work much the same way as the Boutiques using Asio4all.
📝 Reply