The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
August 2020 new gear thread
Old 6th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
been toying with the idea of getting one DCO machine back into my arsenal, after i sold barrage of roland dcos more than a decade ago.
Damn I hope you didn't had the Juno 60 and got rid of it back then. Currently trending at stupid high record $3000.
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Nut

I had 2 Juno 60, bought for $175 & $250 along with the sequencer. Sold both for around $600 ea and thought I made a decent profit then. Now.....F**k......
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
Damn I hope you didn't had the Juno 60 and got rid of it back then. Currently trending at stupid high record $3000.
i found my ju60 worth less than the 106, had no midi! and was older ..but times are changing .. the mks7 also covers the 106 quite well ..
with us if one is offered 1 to 1.5k .. which is already completely overdone.

prices .. the ju60 was 240 .. the mks7 .. from the luxury audio clinic .. 700.- the dcb from kenton has been added ... operate the ju60 in a classic way
that was 1997/98... lol..
Old 6th August 2020
Quote:
That graphics on that t shirt looks too familiar...
The description said "I love pizza" which I do, so I hope I havent been scammed!!!
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Guru

Nice score KC..
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
wow, that's some buying spree..

some lovely finds, especially Kawai, Rev A and that Emu IIIXPS - its rare as hen's teeth - how much did it run you if i may ask?

i've considered getting another rev A as well, for some 16 poly action and layering, but in the end decided its overkill. i rarely layer and if i do a different, complementary board would work too.
I got the MW rev A for $1800 shipped out of Netherland. The K3r for about $900 shipped out of Germany. The EIIIXPS for $650 local.
2 MW is a tad overkill but I dont try it then that thought will always comeback now and then. Folks with 2 PPG Wave are something else
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Let us know how you get along with it. I see how cheap they're going for, and they look like a lot of fun.
I haven't had a lot of time to use it yet but I have had some time to mess around.

For the price it is pretty cool, I would have been disappointed if I paid $350 for it.

Some things bug me about it.

There is no way that I can find to save synth sounds as a preset. You need to edit/create the sound for every pattern if you don't copy the pattern. I figure a work around could be to create the synth patch that you want then resample it, then it can be selected as a WAV in other patterns.

Empty patterns still have instruments assigned to the pads. For example the empty pattern instruments include one called 80s Tom. If I change the PCM sample since I don't want the 80s Tom sound the selected PCM sound still sounds noisy due to the noise osc being used on the 80s Tom sound. This makes quickly switching the sounds on empty patterns not so quick since you have to dig into the menus to find noise, LFO, filter and envelope settings per instrument that you want to change.
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear
Tascam ad-3000
Rme ADI-192 DD
More optical cables
Old 7th August 2020
Deleted 231be8b
Just purchased...

TC Fireworx effects rack
Behringer TD3
Hydrasynth desktop.
Attached Thumbnails
August 2020 new gear thread-_________________4e38e914c7ffa.jpg   August 2020 new gear thread-behringer-td-3-bk-black-c.jpg   August 2020 new gear thread-asm-hydrasynth-desktop.jpg  
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear

Used Neutron.... Sweetwater demo model.

Testing the modular waters out before I dive in, if at all.
Modular is frigging expensive.
My virtual modulargrid.net rack is already at $2500, and I feel like it's only half finished!
Old 7th August 2020
HSi
Lives for gear

https://www.onbuy.com/gb/35-usb-flop...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
@ Derp

Are all these floppy usb doodaas the same connector? For samplers etc?

It's here, headphone out seems to be set to one stereo channel, must be glitched as it has played both sides, just one at a time. Just 8mb ram and no turbo, apart from that it seems decent, screen must be newish.

Shows up as ESI-4000 when booting, os 3.02.
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich303 View Post
My yellow TD-3 finally arrived from Sweetwater today. Last week, I got the silver after waiting 5 months for the yellow.
Nice to know Sweetwater has some yellow TD-3s in stock. I've had one on backorder forever. Hopefully it will show up soon!
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgigh View Post
I haven't had a lot of time to use it yet but I have had some time to mess around.

For the price it is pretty cool, I would have been disappointed if I paid $350 for it.

Some things bug me about it.

There is no way that I can find to save synth sounds as a preset. You need to edit/create the sound for every pattern if you don't copy the pattern. I figure a work around could be to create the synth patch that you want then resample it, then it can be selected as a WAV in other patterns.

Empty patterns still have instruments assigned to the pads. For example the empty pattern instruments include one called 80s Tom. If I change the PCM sample since I don't want the 80s Tom sound the selected PCM sound still sounds noisy due to the noise osc being used on the 80s Tom sound. This makes quickly switching the sounds on empty patterns not so quick since you have to dig into the menus to find noise, LFO, filter and envelope settings per instrument that you want to change.
Yowza. Thanks for the intel!
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSi View Post
https://www.onbuy.com/gb/35-usb-flop...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
@ Derp

Are all these floppy usb doodaas the same connector? For samplers etc?

It's here, headphone out seems to be set to one stereo channel, must be glitched as it has played both sides, just one at a time. Just 8mb ram and no turbo, apart from that it seems decent, screen must be newish.

Shows up as ESI-4000 when booting, os 3.02.
Yeah, same connector, but beware that with those floppy emulators, you have to load and save files one disk image at a time. A hard drive or a Zip/Jaz drive is a better option.
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear

Patchwerks (USA) has these in stock. Mine should be arriving soon - really looking forward to checking this out.
Old 7th August 2020
HSi
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, same connector, but beware that with those floppy emulators, you have to load and save files one disk image at a time. A hard drive or a Zip/Jaz drive is a better option.
Cheers, It'll do for now. I saw a link on muffwigglers for a scsi to sd.

http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php/SCSI2SD

So obviously it will treat the SD card as HD

https://store.inertialcomputing.com/category-s/100.htm

$60 for the boxed assembled board. I doubt they're exporting atm though. Looks like it has USB too. Should be the safest way too.
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yowza. Thanks for the intel!
No problem!

The Model:Cycles is really high on my list of what to get.

What do you not like about it?

I figured it would be an affordable way to get the Elektron sequencer and try it out. I have never touched a piece of Elektron gear.
Old 8th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
The description said "I love pizza" which I do, so I hope I havent been scammed!!!
I was actually thinking about that waveform graphics. I have seen it somewhere before!!!
Old 8th August 2020
Quote:
I was actually thinking about that waveform graphics. I have seen it somewhere before!!!

I know mate
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear
Attached Thumbnails
August 2020 new gear thread-99590a5c-b88a-4be3-a0d3-f64e0f4291e3.jpeg  
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

the acid has landed

Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

Five ft patch cables for my keystep pro Rainbow assortment of colors
Attached Thumbnails
August 2020 new gear thread-7f9fe826-b441-4c0d-897b-4cf7da155823.jpeg  

Last edited by namnibor; 8th August 2020 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: Blueberries in my martini
Old 8th August 2020
Quote:
3k? wow.. fool and his money are soon parted i suppose.

anyways no, they were cpl of ajuno2, cpl of mks70 and a jx10.

i did get a cheap ju60 once that was completely destroyed in a flood. unsalvable. so i took relevant parts out of it for my jup8, and sold the carcass further to a synth tech.

that said, i wouldn't have lost anything from the price inflation phenomena, since all the money i got from selling my DCOs was immediately put towards buying (more) vintage poly vcos anyway. they were also relatively cheaper then, and subject to the same phenomena in the meantime.
Old 8th August 2020
Gear Nut
Yesterday I received the Motif Rack ES I ordered off Ebay (they're also available locally from time to time, but local marketplace sites have lots of scamming going on...cops don't so much about it).

This is my first piece of high-end digital gear that is not from the late 1980s, and I am quite pleased with it. The arpeggiator is especially nice (also how it is used to program user LFO waves...). The little display has a fairly high resolution so editing from the synth's actual interface isn't a total disaster, and Yamaha has kept the amount of menu-diving to a minimum. Still, I suspect I will be making more use of the graphical PC editor...
Old 8th August 2020
Quote:
3k? wow.. fool and his money are soon parted i suppose.
Crazy, we have reached the point where Juno 60 cost as much as a Jupiter 6.
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfgh View Post
Yesterday I received the Motif Rack ES I ordered off Ebay (they're also available locally from time to time, but local marketplace sites have lots of scamming going on...cops don't so much about it).

This is my first piece of high-end digital gear that is not from the late 1980s, and I am quite pleased with it. The arpeggiator is especially nice (also how it is used to program user LFO waves...). The little display has a fairly high resolution so editing from the synth's actual interface isn't a total disaster, and Yamaha has kept the amount of menu-diving to a minimum. Still, I suspect I will be making more use of the graphical PC editor...
I love my rack es. It holds my PLG cards and makes lots of good sounds. And the aroeggiator is really good all for 450 dollars. Maybe someday a rack XS but those are still expensive
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Crazy, we have reached the point where Juno 60 cost as much as a Jupiter 6.
Amazing what 'effect' a noisy chorus circuit can do
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by percussion boy View Post
How do you like it? They have one at the local store, and I’ve been meaning to try it. Looking for another good stereo chorus.
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat View Post
Amazing what 'effect' a noisy chorus circuit can do
don't say anything against my junos, otherwise I'll juno you one.
the chorus of course only with juno 60 sn 100xxx to sn 102xxx is the best that has ever existed, cannot be replaced by anything, not even a colossus ..

on the other hand ..

Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
don't say anything against my junos, otherwise I'll juno you one.
the chorus of course only with juno 60 sn 100xxx to sn 102xxx is the best that has ever existed, cannot be replaced by anything, not even a colossus ..

on the other hand ..
You could try mate

But seriously, if Roland had put the same chorus on the Jupiter 6, I would put money on it being way more popular than it is. I am interested in when/if they do JP6 model for the Jupiter X as its built in chorus f/x will wildly beef up its sound.

btw, I had a JP8 and Juno 6 in the past.
Closed