The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
July 2020 new gear thread
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbleep View Post
I haven't buy anything in the past 5 years, well except pickup a broken JX8P last year for cheap. Hope to fix get the power supply fix.
Starting end of April, picked up a Hydrasynth.
Mid May, picked up a Prophet 12.
End of May, reacquired Andromeda A6.
Mid June, Ensoniq SQ80.
Early this week, Quantum.
Wednesday, the River.
Enroute, Prophet VS
Working on Microwave 1 rev A with Stereopping.

Think I'll be done for a while
So cool it was worth saying twice!

Really like your choices there.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Can it be true? That I hold here, in my mortal hand, a nugget of purest green?

Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Lexicon PCM 41
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head

A cheap pedal for me.
July 2020 new gear thread-vp-1.jpg

For the complete Jarre experience, it should have been a EHX Small Stone of course, but as I want to integrate it in my 310, I bought this version which should give the same effect. Now it will not bother me that much in case I blow it up when using the wrong connections internally...
Attached Thumbnails
July 2020 new gear thread-vp-1.jpg  
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Klark Teknik 3rd Dimension and Toontrack EZbass. Love the 3D and the EZbass is a cracking piece of software, especially in conjunction with SD3.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

I wanted a reverb with very smooth tail, enough variations and tweakability and small format. So after a long search, I thought Neunaber Immerse MKII might be the one I'd like. I wasn't wrong. After just 10 minutes of playing, I love it.

Now I got to learn what kind of sound will it handle the best.
Attached Thumbnails
July 2020 new gear thread-img_20200706_140351.jpg  
Old 1 day ago
OMG, I have just ordered a pair of ONDE speakers by La Voix du Luthier.
Can't wait to hear the Nonlinear Labs C15 through them - should be very organic experience.

Cheers,
Bert
Old 1 day ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazper View Post
...since I died in February.
Oh, wow. So don't hold out on us, man. What's the afterlife like? You've got internet access, so at least it's not Hell.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Genelec 8351B and a Lynx E22 sound card.

Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
You've got internet access, so at least it's not Hell.
Unless it's dial up! <insert sinister laughter here>

Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Just finished my new COVID-19 pedal board.
Attached Thumbnails
July 2020 new gear thread-144999da-d435-43ec-b7b6-68ccb6c7ef39.jpg  
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamrock80 View Post
Just finished my new COVID-19 pedal board.
It's not finished. I see space for more
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Had to order another PCIe sound card since moving to a USB digital mixer 6 months ago. I just can't do the latencies, clicks, pops and rest of the junk that comes with it, just takes all the fun out of playing.

Anyway, a nice 8ch AES PCIe card should arrive shortly. Hopefully that'll be the end of it.

July 2020 new gear thread-p_right_seraph_d4_mwx_big.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
July 2020 new gear thread-p_right_seraph_d4_mwx_big.jpg  
Old 1 day ago
HSi
Lives for gear

My first Moog. Hopeful it will be here by the weekend, but it's coming via a Dutch company. I was interested in at least trying the Behringer Crave, but then I saw it had no MIDI 2 CV and that idea ended pretty swiftly. Should be a nice contrast to the Digitone.

It' a nice starter for my, long time to get there, eurorack too.

I'm assuming is sequences well from the Digitone, it would be hard to imagine a situation where it didn't but if anyone has any bugs/issues to share....
Old 20 hours ago
Gear Guru

I still haven't received the first one of these yet, but I had a thought... wouldn't two of them just totally be awesome? Yeah... glorious. So I ordered a second one.

Old 20 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I still haven't received the first one of these yet, but I had a thought... wouldn't two of them just totally be awesome? Yeah... glorious. So I ordered a second one.

Ha. That's so Raven/Derp.

I've almost bought a second Cycles twice now, and still may. (For me, to get around the 2 Outs limit.)
Old 20 hours ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Ha. That's so Raven/Derp.

I've almost bought a second Cycles twice now, and still may. (For me, to get around the 2 Outs limit.)
For me, it's that sequencer. The more I read about it, the more I love it. It takes the things I liked about the Digitakt, and has better workarounds for the things I didn't like. Like honestly, I'm thinking that either Cycles or one of the Samples (I'm leaning toward Cycles honestly) is probably going to end up being a MIDI sequencer controlling six channels of Blofeld. The possibilities with a rig like that seem endless in my head.
Old 19 hours ago
Lives for gear

Two sets of these are on the way:

Old 19 hours ago
Here for the gear

I'm planning to buy new audio interface in the near future. I heard many positive reviews about Focusrite Scarlett Solo (3rd Gen) USB Audio Interface with Pro Tools and Audient iD4 USB 2-in/2-out High Performance. Can't choose which one is better
Old 18 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Didn't you order and cancel and order again this like 3 months ago or something?

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Two sets of these are on the way:
Fill it with passive mults.

Last edited by MarcB; 17 hours ago at 09:15 PM..
Old 18 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSi View Post
I was interested in at least trying the Behringer Crave, but then I saw it had no MIDI 2 CV and that idea ended pretty swiftly.
You sure. Mine has.
Attached Thumbnails
July 2020 new gear thread-crave.jpg  
Old 17 hours ago
I just ordered some a 16 GB ram bank so my new pc will run soon on 32 GB (the maximum possible on this machine)... and also a 2,5" to 3,5" slot adapter, so I can add the 1TB ssd I saved from my broken Mac Mini (I'll move the content to a spare hdd, then I'll format the drive in NTFS) and use it for samples / sound libraries (instead of keeping them on my main drive).

I don't really need to expand the ram, 16GB would have been enough (that's what I had on my previous Mac...), but I prefer to max out from the start (when it's cheap enough of course)... I hope this machine will serve me from years; I gave a look inside it and it looks built very well and clean, I wouldn't have done such a good job if I had to build it by myself.

Hopefully everything will be ready for next weekend...
Old 16 hours ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
Didn't you order and cancel and order again this like 3 months ago or something?
No, whoever would do such a thing?

TL;DR: Yes I did with the Digis, but I plan on sticking it out with these.
Old 16 hours ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjontheroad View Post
It's not finished. I see space for more
They're social distancing.
Old 15 hours ago
HSi
Lives for gear

Quote:
For me, it's that sequencer. The more I read about it, the more I love it. It takes the things I liked about the Digitakt, and has better workarounds for the things I didn't like. Like honestly, I'm thinking that either Cycles or one of the Samples (I'm leaning toward Cycles honestly) is probably going to end up being a MIDI sequencer controlling six channels of Blofeld. The possibilities with a rig like that seem endless in my head.
The sequencer is great, but it can't ouptut midi cc. You can twiddle the cc over it but it won't send it via output. It's a lot faster to program than Digi boxes. Although the buttons are a lot smaller it just feels very spaced out and easy to access.

You'll be surprised as how good it sounds with some decent single cycle waveforms too.
Old 14 hours ago
Lives for gear

Picked up a Voltage Block to upgrade/replace my Muxlicer for Sequenced CV duties.

They also make Black panels now which I'll get:

Old 12 hours ago
Quote:
Oh, wow. So don't hold out on us, man. What's the afterlife like? You've got internet access, so at least it's not Hell.
Itโ€™s great, just chilling with Jimi. Internet is slow as these folks tweet like crazy.

Iโ€™ll just keep the mistake, letโ€™s see if we catch another good response.
Old 9 hours ago
Lives for gear

The first of the 5 pedals that I bought arrived...

July 2020 new gear thread-fairfield-circuitry-shallow-water-07-07-2020-.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Old 9 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcoaffamato View Post
The first of the 5 pedals that I bought arrived...

Sweet graphics.

(I love the hand stamped labels.)
Old 4 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogberto View Post
Can it be true? That I hold here, in my mortal hand, a nugget of purest green?

Awesome you will love it, be sure to check out the 1.20 patch bank which shows off the other side to the S8 engine. Sucks that the patch management is so awkward but the sound is bliss.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
โ™พ๏ธ Similar Threads
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear