The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Multi channel usb/firewire mixer
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Multi channel usb/firewire mixer

hi All,

So, its come to a point within my setup that I am in need of upgrading my audio interface.
Currently have a NI Audio Kontrol 1, its done its job for many a year, but now having multiple synths its becoming a pain to be swapping cables around.

Iv been looking at mainly rackmount audio interfaces to keep my desk tidy and as cable free as possible.

But then I discovered multi channel mixing desks, like the soundcraft series 12 mtx amongst a few others, the tascam model 10 seemed spot on as it added basic MIDI syncing too.

Now the problem I seem to be finding is that all of the multi channel desks I come accross don't offer post eq and effects once they are sent into my DAW.

The idea is to spend as little time as possible fiddling with the mouse etc, I'd find it far easier if the effects and eq's etc would be post rather than pre DAW.

Does such a desk exist offering me the multiple outs with post effects and eq's, At the Β£400 range.

Cheers
Old 1 week ago
The Presonus AR Series, the Tascam Model 12/16/24 and the Zoom Livetrak series seem to be the main contenders for multitrack interfaces, desks and recorders in one.

I think the Tascams record right after the preamp, so all the EQ etc is post? I think I saw that in a review ... not 100% sure, check manual I guess. I don't know about the signal path on the others. More manual reviewing I guess.

There is a certain wisdom and flexibility to finding a desk with channel inserts and then cabling it into a suitable interface via those inserts. An option to consider.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiguous signal View Post
The Presonus AR Series, the Tascam Model 12/16/24 and the Zoom Livetrak series seem to be the main contenders for multitrack interfaces, desks and recorders in one.

I think the Tascams record right after the preamp, so all the EQ etc is post? I think I saw that in a review ... not 100% sure, check manual I guess. I don't know about the signal path on the others. More manual reviewing I guess.

There is a certain wisdom and flexibility to finding a desk with channel inserts and then cabling it into a suitable interface via those inserts. An option to consider.

Thanks for the reply,

I hadn't realised the Tascam units where post, they look great but are expensive.

The other option I'm now considering is buying an audio interface with plenty of inputs, and also buying a single chanel controller like the behringer x touch one.
Anyone got any experience with this or something similar?

Thanks
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear