The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic Pro X - s61 keyboard midi out / usb out
Old 29th June 2020
Here for the gear

Logic Pro X - s61 keyboard midi out / usb out

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to assign the midi in and out for my NI s61 keyboard so I can go out the Midi DIN's to my hardware synth and control komplete kontrol etc inside of logic via my usb at the same time. I have the synth working when the usb is unplugged, I also have it working with komplete kontrol standalone - but when I open logic I can't figure out how to assign the routing so this should work. Seems like it should be pretty straight forward.

Thanks!
Old 29th June 2020
Gear Maniac
Is this the MK2? If so you have to do it through control editor and and make it a template with your desired midi channel, I would recommend making 16 with one for each channel. Also note you need to disconnect the USB cable when using hardware gear in stand alone mode.

Dumbest design decision ever.
Old 29th June 2020
Here for the gear

Thanks Scott,

Yes it's the Mk2 S61 - Does anyone have instructions for using complete editor - I have it open but am really unclear as to how to save or change the channels and how to then load 16 templates into logic, or how that would work.

Thanks
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear