The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waldorf Iridium
Old 2 hours ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mungbeans View Post
Your recording sounds like I'd expect mine to sound.

I'm just plugging headphones or earphones directly into the headphone socket at the back. The volume monitor isn't showing anything wrong - peaks getting nowhere near the top of the bar.
another thought - in the master screen, have you got the compressor engaged?
Old 2 hours ago
hez
Gear Nut

Has anybody in the UK received their Iridium yet? I bought one of the first batch @ Andertons (paid the day it was announced, expected delivery June 28th), and they've just told me today that I won't receive it until late July because the UK shipment has been delayed. Just wondering whether this is true or whether I've been relegated to the second batch...
Old 2 hours ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by hez View Post
Has anybody in the UK received their Iridium yet? I bought one of the first batch @ Andertons (paid the day it was announced, expected delivery June 28th), and they've just told me today that I won't receive it until late July because the UK shipment has been delayed. Just wondering whether this is true or whether I've been relegated to the second batch...

I booked mine with Music Matter on that Friday at about 2pm Iridium was announced. I got it two days ago. So some came into the country.

Personally I keep a list of shops that fail to live up to their promises and I do not give them a second chance.

Last edited by eromain; 2 hours ago at 05:28 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 2 hours ago
hez
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by eromain View Post
I booked mine with Music Matter on that Friday at about 2pm Iridium was announced. I got it two days ago. So some came into the country but obviously not many.

Personally I keep a list of shops that fail to live up to their promises and I do not give them a second chance.
Alright, thanks for letting me know. They emailed me with a temporary delay about a week ago (saying the entire shipment had been delayed and they expected stock on the 3rd July instead), but changed that just now to end of July, so I have a feeling I've just been bumped into the second batch - maybe somebody more important came along and asked for one .

GAK claim they have them in stock right now so let's see where that goes :D
Old 1 hour ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_xyz View Post
another thought - in the master screen, have you got the compressor engaged?
It seems that was it, thanks.
It was set to something like 70%, but I don't remember changing it. Is that its default value when it ships.
Old 1 hour ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mungbeans View Post
Is that its default value when it ships.
I'm not sure what the retail units ship with - I'd be genuinely surprised if it was anything other than 0 though as it's a persistent setting and it really affects the sound quality.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear