The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
June 2020 New Gear Thread
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post

I have the same conversation with my GF on basically a weekly basis. I have 4 massive boxes of cables and yet somehow, impossibly, I never have the one I need. Just this week I ordered another €200 of them
I keep all my spare midi, audio and other cables in the loft. I have 3 new bits of gear incoming so went up there looking - found 3 midi cables and a 3m mono jack lead to cross of the list then put an order in for 8 x 2m mono jacks leads and 2 x 6m mono jack leads from Ebay(£54 delivered). I had to use Ebay as the Music/Studio Gear shops all seemed to be low on stock.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

I have the same conversation with my GF on basically a weekly basis. I have 4 massive boxes of cables and yet somehow, impossibly, I never have the one I need. Just this week I ordered another €200 of them
My wife thinks I just shovel cables into the racks to keep the rig fed.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by raito View Post
I thought that's how it works, right?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Years ago when I was doing live sound there was the usual competition to see who could put together the longest chain of different audio connectors, not wires as a single bodge plug. The longest I saw was getting on for 5 foot.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by raito View Post
They aren't cables, they're gearworms. They're what the gear feeds on.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
Aw, ya shoulda seen me.

I was 10 bucks short of being able to steal an Apogee AD16x that ultimately went for a mere 365.00 on eBay.
Dizamn.

If it makes you feel any better, my business partner has like 8 Apogee units from that era including a few ADXs and they are glitchy and moody, even after apogee took them in for service.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Black lion t4 optocell for my kt2a, tooobs next
Attached Thumbnails
June 2020 New Gear Thread-c5a64770-b949-4bc4-b3e9-86a393cd50eb.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz View Post
They aren't cables, they're gearworms. They're what the gear feeds on.
It's how earworms are made, loads of gearworms.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital 1010 View Post
Black lion t4 optocell for my kt2a, tooobs next
I hope you change the tubes too ..already good military grade or NASA
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Thanks to a heads up by another member I snagged a Model : Cycles from a US store who had one in stock, for $299 Delivered (middle finger to the wank on Reverb wanting $400).

(I'd still pay extra for individual outputs on it, it bugs the sh!t out of me on a certain level, but I'll enjoy what it does do just the same... I'm planning to run the MIDI Out to a CV.OCD)

If you’ve got an iPad and haven’t tried it yet the Rosetta app and that are serious fun.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

My June is dedicated to this gal

She kicks in at :17, first time playing with her friends

Last edited by Miiko; 4 weeks ago at 12:59 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Some new BT headphones arrived today. Definitely the swankiest wireless ones I've owned. I like them, though I'm not a super snob about headphones. Still, they're bomb.

Beyerdynamic Aventho:

Old 4 weeks ago
Okay one more. $100 pawn shop find (with the cables and manuals).
Attached Thumbnails
June 2020 New Gear Thread-img_5665.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaks Dude View Post
Okay one more. $100 pawn shop find (with the cables and manuals).
Quick question about these, can they be set to control multiple hardware channels at the same time in your DAW to send midi to their respective synths? I've never had or used one of these external stand alone sequencers. Always wondered.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Picked up a Hydrasynth. Polyphonic after touch is pretty interesting. Super easy to program. Definitely has a thing it does well but that's sort of its thing. If you like moody pads. This guy can do them.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Sorry for the non-synth content this time around...

Just putting the finishing touches on my second guitar build... Good way to pass the time while in "lockdown"

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
June 2020 New Gear Thread-guitar-1.jpg   June 2020 New Gear Thread-guitar-2.jpg   June 2020 New Gear Thread-guitar-6.jpg   June 2020 New Gear Thread-guitar-5.jpg   June 2020 New Gear Thread-guitar-4.jpg  

June 2020 New Gear Thread-guitar-3.jpg   June 2020 New Gear Thread-guitar-7.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexo View Post
Awesome! Can't wait to pick up one myself. Let us know how you find it!
I've been loving it, never had such a fun or quick to produce something gizmo, if you're willing to work with its ethos!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
I really want one of these even though I know I won't like it lol.
The hardware is teh sex plus you can pretend you're watching the matrix if you put the tempo up to 800

A lot less fat than an MPC but different limits especially sampling.. I bought it to be a brain but having alot more fun with it on its own, mangling.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_the_peace View Post
The hardware is teh sex plus you can pretend you're watching the matrix if you put the tempo up to 800

A lot less fat than an MPC but different limits especially sampling.. I bought it to be a brain but having alot more fun with it on its own, mangling.
do

not

tempt

me

temptress!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer View Post
Quick question about these, can they be set to control multiple hardware channels at the same time in your DAW to send midi to their respective synths? I've never had or used one of these external stand alone sequencers. Always wondered.
multiple, super easy to use
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregkoNYC View Post
Sorry for the non-synth content this time around...

Just putting the finishing touches on my second guitar build... Good way to pass the time while in "lockdown"

Greg
Wow, amazing build
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_the_peace View Post
I've been loving it, never had such a fun or quick to produce something gizmo, if you're willing to work with its ethos!
Sounds great! I'm getting one for sure
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tales41 View Post
Needed some different monitors to check my mixes. So I got NOS JBL 15 inch speakers, along with 2 NOS Yamaha amps ([email protected]/[email protected]), AT M40X headphones and another TOA D-4 mixer. Oh and an open box Alesis Q49 MIDI controller.

The speakers are underpowered and need @ least 500w, but still sound damn good. Not even broken in. Not my photo, but the same speakers.

JBL MR926 1000w (max) speakers
Jesus christ I hope you don't have touchy neighbours..?
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer View Post
Really good question that I don't have the answer for just yet.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

New tweed
Attached Thumbnails
June 2020 New Gear Thread-b6c528ef-5d32-43c5-98a9-a21b56e01c0f.jpeg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Got a Microwave XTK off Muffwiggler, coming from Endorfinity in Moscow... can’t wait to try it once it arrives! Wanted one of these orange beasts for ages.

Also ordered a Model:Cycles but it never seems to be in stock at Sweetwater, probably due to covid supply chain issues.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Strobe 2 for $20? Why not!
June 2020 New Gear Thread-download-2-.jpg

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-...#productDetail

Sure it's not an instant download but at that price... it's an 89% discount!
Attached Thumbnails
June 2020 New Gear Thread-download-2-.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Loving all the guitar posts.
Watched the Clapton doc on bbc2 last night who is my ultimate idol. Always wanted to be a blues guitarist and somehow ended going down the electronic route but this morning been jamming away to some Derek and dominos. Forgot how much I love playing. Going to get a strymon iridium next month without fail and get back into it
Old 4 weeks ago
HSi
Lives for gear

Got a Microgranny some AKG k702s.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’ll post a more thorough overview on the Xm thread at some point but my first thoughts are I LOVE IT. And this is coming from someone who, in classic slutz style, hadn’t actually played it yet and spent the past 6 months scoffing at how dumb the Xm seemed. Just goes to show you that until you’ve played a synth, opinions are moot. I love it’s immediacy, the size, the sound (layered a Jupiter, a Juno, a JX and XV strings and it’s glorious), and even the speakers. And I can bring it in the other room and jam in bed when the living room is being used for movie watching. Love it. Although it makes me want a Fantom even more.
Attached Thumbnails
June 2020 New Gear Thread-99f145c9-f8ca-40a9-8bf6-2bc5c9543bb3.jpg   June 2020 New Gear Thread-05460b1f-387a-481f-84ba-9602fd5054e2.jpg   June 2020 New Gear Thread-a6862237-b453-406a-a1ae-f67f6dc3dba1.jpg  
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear