The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
June 2020 New Gear Thread
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

My Sequential Pro 3 Special Edition arrived yesterday and looks great with my other synths. Of course, it also sounds fantastic!

Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Scored a Midiverb 2 on the cheap today.
Such a great brooding little box for dark synth work
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Retro cassette storage unit

Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbeanz View Post
Hadn’t bought a new main music computer in 12 years. Did some research and saw eBay things had really changed...so said “f*** that!” and ordered a Windows XP tower with legacy PCI. At least now I have double RAM and a faster processor.

Maybe I’ll actually move to something modern in another 10 I have a W10 laptop so that’s enough.

Will you be using the Dell for music ? If so, what software suite are you (or will be) using ?
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by time_zone View Post
Will you be using the Dell for music ? If so, what software suite are you (or will be) using ?
Yeah,

I’ll be using

•Cubase SX3 (though I’ve bought version 4 second hand and will be switching to that once this album is done...there’s no DirectX support in 4, so I’ll need a wrapper, and it would mess up my current projects)
•CoolEditPro 2.1
•Samplewrench
•Vienna Soundfont Editor & Polyphone

Same as I always have, I’m very productive with this combination
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbeanz View Post
Yeah,
•CoolEditPro 2.1
CoolEditPro was cool for editing like a pro until it was assimilated by the Adobe Borg.

I was disappointed that that happened instead of a Mac version. I was waiting. :(
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
CoolEditPro was cool for editing like a pro until it was assimilated by the Adobe Borg.

I was disappointed that that happened instead of a Mac version. I was waiting. :(
Definitely...it’s just a great audio editor and can do tricks like a ramped time stretch, always good for a glitchy song ending!

I forgot to mention, I got lots of little RGB stick on lights, that change colour, to put underneath synths, for a rainbow effect.

And also one of these lamps:

Which will have one of these bulbs in:

To contrast with the dark grey walls, yeah, I’ve gone wild
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 View Post
Idaho sure is a beautiful place!
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

The Wavestate I ordered in February turned up out of the blue yesterday. I had a play for half an hour last night, it sounds fantastic.

A Nord Drum 1 arrived too. I already have a Nord Drum 3P but now I have an extra output so I can at least have kick, snare & hats on individual channels. If only the Nord Drum 3P had 6 outputs, , hopefully on the Nord Drum 4.
Attached Thumbnails
June 2020 New Gear Thread-dsc_0001.jpg   June 2020 New Gear Thread-dsc_0002.jpg  
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

I was torn between Elektron Octatrack and Digitakt... I ended up buying this:

June 2020 New Gear Thread-akai-mpc-one-04-06-2020-5-.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
June 2020 New Gear Thread-akai-mpc-one-04-06-2020-5-.jpg  
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Nothing super exciting, other than getting my monitors to the correct height again after moving my synths to my new Jaspers stand. These should be arriving next week:

Though the new MODX 2.5 firmware and the Benis wavetable library has turned it into a new synth again.
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is that a white Prophet X upper right? Didn't know they made them in white.
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz View Post
Is that a white Prophet X upper right? Didn't know they made them in white.
It is actually a white prophet 12 SE. Dave Smith made a run of 100 of them before finally wrapping up the prophet 12 production last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogberto View Post
Idaho sure is a beautiful place!
Yes it is! Beautiful mountains, rivers, lakes.....and fields of synths stretching all the way to the horizon in every direction.

Last edited by Don Solaris; 4th June 2020 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: merged
Old 4th June 2020
No pics, but I used the excuse of the Subharmonicon being in stock to also get a Digitakt to go with my Digitone.
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

My keystep pro just arrived

It’s going to sequence Boog, Neutron, MS20, MicroFreak.

Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
It is actually a white prophet 12 SE. Dave Smith made a run of 100 of them before finally wrapping up the prophet 12 production last year.
Neat... I also thought of Prophet 12 but then I went on Sequential's website looking for a synth with 2 ribbons above the wheels and saw the Prophet X. The P12 keyboard isn't on the site anymore since it's discontinued.

I hadn't seen a white "Prophet anything" before so I was curious.

Plus the Sequential logo threw me off, P12 was back when they were still DSI.
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes it is! Beautiful mountains, rivers, lakes.....and fields of synths stretching all the way to the horizon in every direction.
Don't forget the potatoes and badlands! (Native of Idaho Falls here, but I crawled my way out the age of 2!)

Nice set up you have, although I had to stare a minute to see how you got in there without dropping from the ceiling Mission Impossible-style.
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz View Post
The P12 keyboard isn't on the site anymore since it's discontinued.
You have to sneak in the Support back door:
https://www.sequential.com/product/prophet-12-keyboard/
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

I got the ultra rare korg gangnam, is limited made by cuban yetis. 70.- with power supply, serial number 001.

interestingly, there was also waste from a monotribe, it seems to be compatible

Old 4th June 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddever View Post

So starts the addiction....
what's the model of that skiff case ? looks sexy slim.

and dont know if i should congratulate you, as its a most wonderful sonic playground..

or should i offer you my condolences, as its an incredible money pit and a rabitt hole .. be prepared

i managed to stop after three dual row cases in three years. finally selling some surplus for a hafl sized, focused and manageable setup. but quite a ride it was..
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Aw, ya shoulda seen me.

I was 10 bucks short of being able to steal an Apogee AD16x that ultimately went for a mere 365.00 on eBay.
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

after hours of conversion (had to change various ICs) the gangnam fits into the monotribe.
only the two black knobs are different ..this version was only available in south korea :D

Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
There's soon going to be the pitter-patter of tiny freak feet in my house!

Ordered a Microfreak, should be here Thursday if I wait patiently, Friday if I don't.

(My reward for getting rid of my $220/mo storage unit...)
Yay! The stork brought my new Microfreak! It has all 11 fingers and 11 toes!! <3<3<3

I leave this thread now a proud father!
Old 5th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yay! The stork brought my new Microfreak! It has all 11 fingers and 11 toes!! <3<3<3

I leave this thread now a proud father!
Love the Freak. I Occasionally place cat treats on its keys so my cat can get acclimated to touch keys. (He’s on background drones and moans)

Last edited by namnibor; 5th June 2020 at 12:40 AM.. Reason: Definitely the tomato in my Bloody Mary
Old 5th June 2020
Lives for gear

Thanks to a heads up by another member I snagged a Model : Cycles from a US store who had one in stock, for $299 Delivered (middle finger to the wank on Reverb wanting $400).

(I'd still pay extra for individual outputs on it, it bugs the sh!t out of me on a certain level, but I'll enjoy what it does do just the same... I'm planning to run the MIDI Out to a CV.OCD)

Old 5th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tales41 View Post
Needed some different monitors to check my mixes. So I got NOS JBL 15 inch speakers, along with 2 NOS Yamaha amps ([email protected]/[email protected]), AT M40X headphones and another TOA D-4 mixer. Oh and an open box Alesis Q49 MIDI controller.

The speakers are underpowered and need @ least 500w, but still sound damn good. Not even broken in. Not my photo, but the same speakers.

JBL MR926 1000w (max) speakers
Nice catch!
Old 5th June 2020
Lives for gear

Yet more cables for the cable monster.

One good thing about lockdown is I'm pulling things out of the attic of doom and seeing if they still work and if I still want them. I've found a Freebass 383 I thought I has lost years ago so I'm looking forwards to getting that plumbed in. I think MAM do a desktop version of it.
Also found an Alesis microverb 3 that I've had for years but I didn't like it at the time.
Old 5th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by and you know View Post

I have the same conversation with my GF on basically a weekly basis. I have 4 massive boxes of cables and yet somehow, impossibly, I never have the one I need. Just this week I ordered another €200 of them
Old 5th June 2020
Lives for gear
ARP odyssey two more kawai mav-8s from Japan more racks more cables a new cpu for the year old pc
Old 5th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by and you know View Post

One good thing about lockdown is I'm pulling things out of the attic of doom and seeing if they still work and if I still want them. I've found a Freebass 383 I thought I has lost years ago so I'm looking forwards to getting that plumbed in. I think MAM do a desktop version of it.
Also found an Alesis microverb 3 that I've had for years but I didn't like it at the time.
What I’m asking my friends to Do upon my demise is simply wrap me and all my cables, why waste a good tree and then put me in a modular box and maybe plug me in
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear