The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
June 2020 New Gear Thread
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

The biggest weakness of the JX-8P and other instruments using its engine is its "slow envelopes". Or actually, the filter envelope. It's evident in the percussion presets. They have great character from the ring mod and sync 2, but the attack on many of them is mushy. Try to do a filter envelope set to all zeroes for a Juno organ with the key click effect, the JX-8P responds with a spit instead of a click. Interestingly enough, routing the same envelope to pitch does not have the same mushy attack. Sync leads are unaffected unless there's also filter envelope involved.

But I have the 101 for when I need precision plucks. The JX-8P family's strength is string/brass/choir/ensemble sounds.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

One more squeaked by for me this month since Plugin Alliance had reset their promo code:

Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

This arrived yesterday. Five12 Vector sequencer woth Expander, a uZeus PSU all in a 60hp Moog boat. Built as a stand alone sequencer for both my modular and self contained synths. I have a lot to learn but I am enjoying not working off a piano roll!
Attached Thumbnails
June 2020 New Gear Thread-e5316e76-60cb-4d1a-9204-727e8083ba2c.jpg  
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ima_jrk View Post
This arrived yesterday. Five12 Vector sequencer woth Expander, a uZeus PSU all in a 60hp Moog boat. Built as a stand alone sequencer for both my modular and self contained synths. I have a lot to learn but I am enjoying not working off a piano roll!
Looks pretty cool. So it can sequence midi gear too it looks like. Is it capable of polyphonic sequencing at all?
Old 5 days ago
HSi
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Ai View Post
One more squeaked by for me this month since Plugin Alliance had reset their promo code:
That's a really good one, haven't used too much, I'm hoping it can replace Absynth, sadly no granular on it. Would have been nice if you could have put the fx chain before the main filter too.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStep ATL View Post
Looks pretty cool. So it can sequence midi gear too it looks like. Is it capable of polyphonic sequencing at all?
*Not really*.. it does have a chord/step sequencer mode or 8 sequencer lanes, but nothing piano roll-y.

It's crazy good for mono and drum sequencing though
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStep ATL View Post
It's more of a MIDI Sequencer than CV, actually.

The Loopop demo video is pretty good.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_the_peace View Post
*Not really*.. it does have a chord/step sequencer mode or 8 sequencer lanes, but nothing piano roll-y.

It's crazy good for mono and drum sequencing though
Nice. I’ll have to check it out some more. I love sequencers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
It's more of a MIDI Sequencer than CV, actually.

The Loopop demo video is pretty good.
Missed his video will check it out.
Old 2 days ago
Ordered a black Lion KT2A from Sweetwater yesterday. I am curious to compare it to the stock model.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear