The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Electribe 2 vs Elektron Samples vs Novation Circuit
Old 23rd May 2020
Here for the gear

Electribe 2 vs Elektron Samples vs Novation Circuit

I'm sure these comparisons have been beaten to death, but I'm having a really hard time deciding between these 3 units. Note I'm also trying to keep it under $500 so higher end units are off the table.

I do all of my recording via Daw (Cubase 10) and have the Arturia collection and Addictive Drummer 2 for my synth and drum needs. I also have the Samples from Mars drum samples.

I'm not keen on using my DAW to do all of my drumming and want a more hands on approach. I had considered a stand alone drum machine (Impact/TR8) but figured I would be to limited to those sounds.

So its come down to these 3 units.

These are my needs:

1 - The ability to load the samples I already have
2 - A groove box that I can build ideas on AWAY from my DAW
3 - Good pad quality to trigger my drums manually
4 - Good onboard sound quality
5 - A sequencer
6 - Relatively easy to use
Old 23rd May 2020
Lives for gear

I would start with the Samples. If that doesn't cut it add a used E2 or Circuit. I have the regular E2 and the Cycles and like them both.
Old 23rd May 2020
Lives for gear

The Model:Samples' keypad is not good for finger drumming. Other than that, it kicks azz over the Electribe Sample (which I owned and sold) and the Circuit (which I would use more if it relied on the computer less).

Samples beats both when it comes to adding variety to your sounds and patterns. Of your 3, Samples is the one to jam on while recording into your DAW.

Has gigabytes more sample storage than the Circuit. Much easier file system for finding and loading samples than on the Electribe. If I didn't already have an Octatrack, I would have a Samples or an MPC Live or MC-707, both of which cost more.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear