The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Why isn't anybody here into producing Jpop?
Old 26th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by space skeleton View Post
... othering ...
that's a new one, straight from the SJW handbook.

well done.
Old 26th June 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
that's a new one, straight from the SJW handbook.

well done.
I'm so far from being a SJW, and that dude's storytelling made me think his choice of words were gross.

When I 'get with' or 'admire' a foreign cultured person... I don't call it a Ukranian, Ethiopian, X/etc, "journey". Like a conquest collector.

I also thought it off topic... Koreans have nothing to do with JPop. Japanese popular music is this thread. Not Asian Story Hour, Lumpkinellas.
Old 26th June 2020
Lives for gear

Huh, all of the L's...
Old 26th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikMuso View Post
I'm so far from being a SJW, and that dude's storytelling made me think his choice of words were gross.

When I 'get with' or 'admire' a foreign cultured person... I don't call it a Ukranian, Ethiopian, X/etc, "journey". Like a conquest collector.

I also thought it off topic... Koreans have nothing to do with JPop. Japanese popular music is this thread. Not Asian Story Hour, Lumpkinellas.
Well, he's on assignment working in Japan now.

BTW, I've lived and worked in Japan. I was othered all day everyday, sometimes multiple times a day.

Was no big deal to me.
Old 26th June 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 View Post
Huh, all of the L's...
I'm not a Liberal, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Well, he's on assignment working in Japan now.

BTW, I've lived and worked in Japan. I was othered all day everyday, sometimes multiple times a day.

Was no big deal to me.
Oh, Gaijin/Foreigner. It was a distinct pleasure for me... I enjoyed the attention.
Old 26th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm going to call you out, this is really disgusting and othering of Asian women.

You talk about them like they're some sort of Star Trek alien race to be conquered.

Gross.

I've been married to a Japanese lady for 25 years.

I can 100% confirm they are a Star Trek alien race to be conquered.
Old 26th June 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricera View Post
I've been married to a Japanese lady for 25 years.

I can 100% confirm they are a Star Trek alien race to be conquered.
I'm happy for You.

I guess I was just in White Knight Mode.
Old 26th June 2020
Lives for gear

all the L's doesn't stand for liberal.... however
I am a liberal, and I come with liberal amounts of I don't give AF, also live in Japan on and off and you can throw a pebble over your shoulder in any direction and hit a gang of creepy AF foreigners in Japan, not only that but some of them will make you want to physically shake them until their heads fall off for how persistent they are in trying to draft you into their cult, I can confidently say that if you've noticed a lack of weirdos in your town it's because they've gone over there to pursue their weirdo pursuits... If I didn't have to bump into one every time I turn a freaking corner and have to explain to them why we are actually strangers and why I don't want to join their secret insights to asian cabal lol I might even live there year round, but Japan has it's own weirdos too and between the two you will end up slapping the f outta somebody lol
Old 26th June 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
all the L's doesn't stand for liberal....
What does it stand for?

Yes... Creepos, I imagine are many in Tokyo and other cities? I've only been to Hokkaido, Kobe, Kusatsu, and Gunma. I was only in Tokyo for the airport and did not stick around.
Old 26th June 2020
Quote:
I'm going to call you out, this is really disgusting and othering of Asian women.

You talk about them like they're some sort of Star Trek alien race to be conquered.

Gross.
Our family have one Japanese lady in it and two happy Japanese daughters. My brother in law is a master Judo instructor living in Osaka and we actually shared the same house here at the sea during the summer where I am right now. Say that thing about me, but in front of his daughters, and they will kata guruma the floor with your ignorant bottom.
Old 26th June 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Koreans have nothing to do with JPop. Japanese popular music is this thread. Not Asian Story Hour, Lumpkinellas.
I enjoyed the story. Do you have a comment to make about Jpop production?
Old 26th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
What does it stand for?

Yes... Creepos, I imagine are many in Tokyo and other cities? I've only been to Hokkaido, Kobe, Kusatsu, and Gunma. I was only in Tokyo for the airport and did not stick around.
doesn't really matter, wish this thread would go back to the music
Old 26th June 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
I enjoyed the story. Do you have a comment to make about Jpop production?
Back up a few pages. I posted the artists and bands that are inspiring facets of my works.
Old 26th June 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
I am absolutely sure that only a "twisted" mind sees things twisted. User such as "space skeleton" comes into mind.
I can directly quote you here:

Point of the story: get Korean student neighbors or move nearby and enjoy.

BTW seeing on youtube is not even 0.1% of when you look her in the eyes in the real world.

and you don't understand at all how objectifying of humans that is?

Quote:
My "journey" is admiring the world around me not "conquest" whatever that thing means to him/her. For me the "journey" started with attraction to a beautiful girl, then moved on learning the culture and past and then the last / hardest stage, the language. It is also a visit to a place where my dad spent some time studying (Tokyo and Hong Kong). Both me and my sister were raised in the spirit of the far east and we both got very far in career. These are some of the sketches from my "journey". If ppl like space skeleton got a problem with that and find it gross, then I am afraid we got a problem somewhere else, not on this side of the keyboard.
I have a problem with your exotifying of an ethnicity of people and telling people to have "beautiful eyed Korean student neighbors" as if it was some sort of amusement park ride.

Quote:
Offtopic:
Without knowing the actual context behind something that was written, and especially without knowing the background of the person, it is very dangerous to come with presumptions of this level and proportion because they might backfire.
Your background is immaterial.

Quote:
We can for example look into the context in which space skeleton saw my post - if that is really all he/she saw - then i'm scared of that person. I really am. If someone sees things so much "twisted" I think they should evaluate themselves. There are now very good online programs and courses to evaluate and / or help one monitor its own mental health. Treatments are sometimes easy, but nearly two thirds of people with a disorder never seek help from a health professional. Stigma, discrimination and neglect prevent care and treatment from reaching people with these issues. I believe it is good to evaluate one's mental health from time to time, because in a modern day society with "closed spaces" of people's constant focus on a computer and phone screen - comes the number one problem in our days - depression. The problem with depression is that the person itself in most cases is not aware of it. From their point of view everything is normal. The difference however is in their response / reaction to the outside world. They start seeing things "twisted" and distorted in negativity in almost everything around them. Research has shown that depressed patients are less fit and have diminished physical work capacity on the order of 90% of age-predicted norms which in turn may contribute to other physical health problems. Primary care providers often promote behavioral approaches, such as exercise that may ultimately provide relief from this chronic and often treatment resistant disorder as well as enhance overall physical well being. I too work 8-12 hrs/day in front of a computer screen. However i decided not to let this modern day plague hit me. I run 10-20km per training twice a week, I go to gym (body building) and ride bicycle every day. Anyway sorry for the offtopic. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. Stay safe!
That's a giant wall of text ad hominem attack (helpful link here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem ) that's attempting to distract from my argument that saying that saying one should get in a living situation with some shy, beautiful Korean girls is objectifying and gross. That's even ignoring your wacky hi jinx story about the keys, or you giving the most internet tough-guy response about having someone beat me up.

Do better.
Old 26th June 2020
Quote:
saying that saying one should get in a living situation with some shy, beautiful Korean girls is objectifying and gross.
Yeah but I never told anyone to "get in a living situation with some shy girl". Not sure why are you misquoting me. My thought was if he likes Korean women he should perhaps move in closer, eventually get to meet them - not to creep in and watch them with binocs at night or whatever as in some sort of amusement park. Sorry if that was not clear from the first time in my comment I assumed most ppl in here are normal and would not have some "twisted" thoughts.

Quote:
I have a problem with your exotifying of an ethnicity of people and telling people to have "beautiful eyed Korean student neighbors" as if it was some sort of amusement park ride.
Ughhh... no. I posted a follow up to jbuonacc's youtube video and that's about whom the comment was aimed at. It was about that lady in the vid. It even says that in the quote. I never said my neighbors were "beautiful eyed". You are deliberately misquoting me for the second time. If you want to nit pick it on some detail that i didn't explain deep enough, and use that to promote yourself, feel free and be my guest. You are welcome!
Old 26th June 2020
Quote:
doesn't really matter, wish this thread would go back to the music
Not J-Pop but i like these guys. They started from 0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5KeRbLmnmc
Old 26th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not J-Pop but i like these guys. They started from 0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5KeRbLmnmc
not a fan but I like their grind..

this is more my cup-o-tea when it comes to hiphop

Old 27th June 2020
Gear Nut

If you've got Spotify this is worth streaming there, the versions on YouTube sound really subpar. Also if anyone knows where I can actually get their discography that would be amazing.

Old 30th June 2020
Gear Head

Because they don't know sh1t about JPOP? Maybe they've only heard about the sh1tty surface of JPOP?

Old 30th June 2020
Lives for gear

Korean singer singing J-pop anime openings:

Old 30th June 2020
Lives for gear

Old 30th June 2020
Gear Nut

I love this. Hundreds of people attending a concert, waving glosticks at a hologram accompanied by a live band. I love this encore bit.

Old 30th June 2020
Quote:
Thanks man, that's a nice story. There's hope for my cold dead heart yet.
Check your PM. I got some good and possibly life changing news for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Z2qdT3WhE&feature=emb_title
Ahhh you caught me off guard. I thought it was an acappella. Currently doing V-Synth demos this would come as an icing on a cake.
Old 30th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Currently doing V-Synth demos
V-Synth GT mkII I hope????
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
she plays her hair better than drums...
Old 1st July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
I know, right. It’s great.

She’s fine on the drums though.
Old 1st July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotunes View Post
V-Synth GT mkII I hope????
Oh!!! Took me a while to figure out.

I missed the mkII thing and started writing a detailed reply on how to import XT patches into GT.

I program superfast, but I'm kinda slow brain on these types of things.

In fact we witnessed my "slow brain" earlier in the thread when "beautifully eyed" Korean lady rang on the door and i reacted like an id1ot.

Old 1st July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Actually, she is pretty good on drums:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdl...IyYSkNrHA9B6Dw

Too bad she seems to be in the process of becoming one of those instagram monster girls - her natural? looks were almost 10/10.
Old 1st July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt View Post
looks were almost 10/10.
Wow... this is so...

"objectifying and gross"

"Like a conquest collector".

"othering"

etc...

Just kidding!

Anyway, not a bad drummer...not super great neither... all in all kinda not my cup of tea. Way too much makeup.... That rings an alarm in my book - instantly.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
I love this. Hundreds of people attending a concert, waving glosticks at a hologram accompanied by a live band. I love this encore bit.

The rise of virtual idols was both predicted (and not predicted) by Macross Plus (1995):

Has not happened yet:
Hatsune Miku drugging the brains of her victi...fans with endorphins while they all get monitored, getting hacked live in real time so she discovers "love" and becomes self-conscious, and finally going nuts and trying to murder her perceived flesh and bones rival while simultaneously giving a live concert and trying to use planetary defences to prevent the person she's nuts for from stopping her.

Oh well, we're only halfway into 2020, so the holy **** quotient for this year can still get to that point...
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear