The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Valhalla Supermassive
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Valhalla Supermassive

Just wanted to let the board know that SC is giving away this plug for free and it's insanely good.

Go see for yourself, it will blow your mind.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
How bout a link....?
https://valhalladsp.com/shop/reverb/...-supermassive/
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post

How bout a link....?
You literally could have Googled "Valhalla DSP" in less time
than it took you to post this with the eye-rolling emoji.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WozNYC View Post
These young whippersnappers, wanting everything handed to them! Why, in my day, we walked uphill in the snow, both ways!, to get to the software store to pay hundreds of dollars for a copy-protected floppy disk just to edit a sample...

I've only poked at SM for a bit, but it looks to be quite useful. I'd love to go through the Valhalla trash bins just to find the algorithms he's thrown away! I could make millions!!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
These young whippersnappers, wanting everything handed to them! Why, in my day, we walked uphill in the snow, both ways!, to get to the software store to pay hundreds of dollars for a copy-protected floppy disk just to edit a sample...

I've only poked at SM for a bit, but it looks to be quite useful. I'd love to go through the Valhalla trash bins just to find the algorithms he's thrown away! I could make millions!!
Seriously - and it's not like he's giving it away for "free," he is giving it away for free! You don't even have to create an account or give him an email address.

Insanity!
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WozNYC View Post
Does anyone remember snarkiness?
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Valhalla is the bomb. Great guy, great plugins. I don’t know why I don’t own them all already, but the ones I have (Delay, Shimmer, and Übermod) are superb.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
Valhalla is the bomb. Great guy, great plugins. I don’t know why I don’t own them all already, but the ones I have (Delay, Shimmer, and Übermod) are superb.
no VintageVerb? man...
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:

I also love how all the “yer software don gonna ‘splode the next OS update and y’all will wish you’d spent $7,000 on a H9000!” people never bring up the juicy gems like this one that fall out of the sky for free.

That said, buy some of his plugins. Or all of them. Totally worth every penny.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
no VintageVerb? man...
I know. It’s on my list. I’m sort of a creature of habit. I bought REFLECT a long time ago and I just tend to use it all the time. I just know it and it seems good to me. When I’m going fancy I’ll throw B2 on. I’ll use Shimmer and Blackhole for odd stuff, or the MTurboReverb inside MXXX.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
These young whippersnappers, wanting everything handed to them! Why, in my day, we walked uphill in the snow, both ways!, to get to the software store to pay hundreds of dollars for a copy-protected floppy disk just to edit a sample... ....
This would be funny if it wasn't so sadly true.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
I also love how all the “yer software don gonna ‘splode the next OS update and y’all will wish you’d spent $7,000 on a H9000!” people never bring up the juicy gems like this one that fall out of the sky for free.

That said, buy some of his plugins. Or all of them. Totally worth every penny.
I have ÜberMöd, but I'm still torn between VVV and Room. I've been paralysed for about two years now.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Supermassive sounds very good to these ears.

Can't believe I never tried any of his stuff before. Thanks for the eye-opener Sean.

Last edited by felis; 3 days ago at 10:41 PM..
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have ÜberMöd, but I'm still torn between VVV and Room. I've been paralysed for about two years now.
C'mon man, this is GS! You know the answer!

I would describe them like this:

VVV is your coloured Lexicon reverb.

Room is your clear TC reverb.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

I decided that VVV does a lot of what room does if you use it on the modern setting...

This new thing is crazy cool! Lots of really wild sounds and very flexible. Not even sure why this is free?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTLAVGH View Post

Not even sure why this is free?
Shut your mouth!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
thanks for that, great
Old 3 days ago
bax
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTLAVGH View Post
Not even sure why this is free?
I'd guess because Mr. Costello seems to be a really cool guy with mad skillz and this is a very nice gesture during a not-so-nice time for people in the world (and this isn't his only available freebie, BTW). Maybe also to hopefully get people who for some unfathomable reason haven't purchased everything in his catalog yet to take another really serious look...

I'm kinda surprised the rest of his plugs aren't much more expensive (I know, "shut my mouth" is even more appropriate here ). *Everything* he offers is instabuy status for me, and I'll never complain about his "no discounts/sales" policy. Amazing plugs at even more amazing value (and no, this was not a paid advertisement )

Thanks!
bax
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear
Sean Costello posted 3 clips of him running the Subharmonicon through Supermassive.

All three clips are on p9 of SubH thread:

Moog Subharmonicon Leaked?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

This thing is awesome. Thanks Sean!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
So it's not just me? Actually, I easily settled on room, but almost everyone seems to think that vintage verb is the one to go for ... so I keep on meaning to get it also, but room sounds easily better to these ears each time I've actually demoed it. I'm not sure what I'm missing in VVV. Can anyone let me in on why they prefer it? It's been way too much of a conundrum for me for way too long
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_Jezz View Post
So it's not just me? Actually, I easily settled on room, but almost everyone seems to think that vintage verb is the one to go for ... so I keep on meaning to get it also, but room sounds easily better to these ears each time I've actually demoed it. I'm not sure what I'm missing in VVV. Can anyone let me in on why they prefer it? It's been way too much of a conundrum for me for way too long
VVV has a broader range of sound, Room has a more limited coloration of sound, but that sound is better than anything out of VVV. I'm sure this is probably what keeps you, like me, up at night, as well.

I'm tying to limit my gear, both hard and soft, to just the essentials. To quote the English king from Bugs Bunny, "Every day, it's the same thing. Variety!" Thus, my quandary. I currently have some 175-ish plugins that I need to go through and prune out the ones I never use and possibly the ones I only sometime use.

"I want Hasenpfeffer!"
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

I really love Valhalla plugins and use them on all my recording projects. I just did a first impressions and play through some of the presets with guitar here and will do some more with synth. I think that Sean Costello really has great taste in sound design.

And for full disclosure, I got this plugin for free...

Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

Valhalla shimmer is what dreams are made of. The new free plugin doesn’t disappoint. Thank you Sean, you’ve given me hope about the human race.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by apessino View Post
Seriously - and it's not like he's giving it away for "free," he is giving it away for free! You don't even have to create an account or give him an email address.

Insanity!
That's one of the reasons I immediately bought his plug-ins.
Generosity is a contagious thing!...
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

This is superb! Valhalla plugs are simply outstanding. Still need to pick up room & plate to complete my collection
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

this has got to be the best ambient reverb on the market it blows blackhole away..ive just installed it and played microfreak threw it my jaw hit the floor i couldnt believe how good it was.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Just stuck my Jupiter-6 through it Sean - the synth chorus has made it come alive for strings in a way I never managed before - thank you

I own Vintage, UberMod and Delay - love all of them!
Old 3 days ago
M32
Lives for gear

Wow, it's amazing! so versatile, i just timewarped three hours just noodling with the thing. You can go from grainy, glitchy & delicate tapelike plucks to huge orchestral moviesoundtrack-like swells in an instant.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear
One of the nicest plugin out there, great sound quality.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search