The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Valhalla Supermassive
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

hey great offer, thanks Mr Costello!

I am still using hardware delays, but one of these days I will try some plugins. maybe this will be my gateway drug, looks interesting
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

The only insta-buy developers for me are Valhalla and Sound Dust. Both Sean and Pendle are just really good, talented people who pack complex and creative high-end features in simple, brilliant, low-end-priced plug-ins. And they both give freely and generously with many of their titles. It’s nice to see this spirit and positivity on GS. Cheers Sean
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleman Young View Post
Just wanted to let the board know that SC is giving away this plug for free and it's insanely good.

Go see for yourself, it will blow your mind.
many Thanx for the info.
'n Cheers to Sean :-)
i've 'shimmer' 'n luv it .. looking forward to using 'massive' ..
~~~~~~~~~~~~
a.t.b.
~ S ~
Old 2 days ago
ValhallaDSP

Thanks for your kind words, everybody!
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
Thanks for your kind words, everybody!
Thank you Sean for your insanely good plugins
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Wow, this is an insanely creative plug-in. I'm scrolling through presets with just ordinary Juno patches and it's like a new song with each preset.

Thank you Valhalla peeps. I own all of your plugs and they're fab...and this one is something special!
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Love the Supermassive. I'd buy the rest if they came in a bundled deal.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

They're $50 each - an absolute bargain considering how good they are! You even get to try them out ....

Like Sean says on his site - every day is BlackFriday at ValhallaDSP
Old 1 day ago
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtohaveajuno View Post
They're $50 each - an absolute bargain considering how good they are! You even get to try them out ....

Like Sean says on his site - every day is BlackFriday at ValhallaDSP
We even have a video about that!

On a non-Supermassive tangent: That video taught me something interesting about music. The composition used was something I had done with the Moog Matriarch, exploring the idea of looping phrases that are a prime numbered integer of beats long:

9 individual one-shot notes from the Moog Matriarch. Each note is played in its own clip. The clip lengths are set to different prime numbers of quarter notes, i.e. 13/4, 17/4, 23/4, and so on. ValhallaDelay used for reverb, delay, pitched reverbs.

Anyways...the piece never really GOES anywhere. It's just 3 1/2 minutes of non-repeating patterns, but the lack of repeats doesn't mean that it evolves or anything like that. In its full length forum, it's kinda boring. And overly Eno derivative.

A few months later, Kristin was making that video. She took some of my cell phone footage of the Sammamish River, cut out a minute of music from the above piece, and added some Jack Handy-ish titles that she wrote. The music that was boring on its own for 3.5 minutes, works GREAT as the background for a deliberately ambient video that is a minute long. The goal of the video is to slow down the pace for a little bit, and the music works well for that.
Old 21 hours ago
Here for the gear

Great stuff, Sean. Thanks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search