The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PLAYdifferently Model 1 VS Xone 96 VS Pioneer V10
Old 10th May 2020
Here for the gear
PLAYdifferently Model 1 VS Xone 96 VS Pioneer V10

Hi all,

love the idea of the model one but the main thing that turns me off is the lack of a usb interface to do live sets. I use CDJs/turntables, ableton, drum machine synths so keeping things simple might be easier with the Xone 96 or v10. I don't care for the effects in the pioneer, sound quality is the most important thing to me as well as ease of use.

I have played the v10, it's nice but I am open to the other options as well.

Whats your take?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’m in a similar position. I’m looking for a center piece that’s more performance oriented for my live rig. Typically I’ve used a Mackie mixer and more recently a ssl xdesk. I’m between the V10 which is feature rich and the model 1 which is a solid offering. I’m leaning more towards the v10 but I’ve yet to see any actual users comment on sound quality where A&H is proven there.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoPMiX View Post
I’m in a similar position. I’m looking for a center piece that’s more performance oriented for my live rig. Typically I’ve used a Mackie mixer and more recently a ssl xdesk. I’m between the V10 which is feature rich and the model 1 which is a solid offering. I’m leaning more towards the v10 but I’ve yet to see any actual users comment on sound quality where A&H is proven there.
I've played on one a lot, my buddy picked it up. It is a bit better than a normal DJM but still sounds a bit lifeless imo compared to AH. The filters are better than the normal pioneer ones because of the resonance control but that is about it. Internal effects are cheap-sounding, would rather use one of my pedals. Definitely leaning towards the 96 or model 1 but I love the idea of having a usb input on the 96 and v10
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
I'm just very big on analog stuff, whether it's drums synths etc I've become picky about what I wanna hear. W the v/10 it is definitely great quality but it doesn't have that same warmth found in analog mixers
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscjoy View Post
I've played on one a lot, my buddy picked it up. It is a bit better than a normal DJM but still sounds a bit lifeless imo compared to AH. The filters are better than the normal pioneer ones because of the resonance control but that is about it. Internal effects are cheap-sounding, would rather use one of my pedals. Definitely leaning towards the 96 or model 1 but I love the idea of having a usb input on the 96 and v10
thanks. Id say the one thing it does have is a limiter built in and I also like being able to quickly route effect into a channel. Bummer about sound quality. Id live to hear a side by side. I think I may just try and have Sweetwater send me both and do a head to head. They prolly just aren't gonna be very fond of getting such a high end unit back on B stock.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
thanks. Id say the one thing it does have is a limiter built in and I also like being able to quickly route effect into a channel. Bummer about sound quality. Id live to hear a side by side. I think I may just try and have Sweetwater send me both and do a head to head. They prolly just aren't gonna be very fond of getting such a high end unit back on B stock.
Let me know what you think of the model one if you get your hands on it! I lvoe the idea of mixing mostly w filters so I'm excited to hear your thoughts
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear