The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Random Image Thread
Old 1 week ago
  #13081
Lives for gear
 
SonicBern's Avatar
 

Old 1 week ago
  #13082
Lives for gear
 
SonicBern's Avatar
 

Old 1 week ago
  #13083
Lives for gear
 
SonicBern's Avatar
 

Old 1 week ago
  #13084
Lives for gear
 
SonicBern's Avatar
 

Old 1 week ago
  #13085
Lives for gear
 
SonicBern's Avatar
 

Old 1 week ago
  #13086
Lives for gear
 
SonicBern's Avatar
 

Old 1 week ago
  #13087
Lives for gear
 
trick fall's Avatar
 

I'm not sure I'd even refer to myself as a photographer, but I do like to take pictures. I've been using a DSLR for the last few years and while I mostly like it I was looking for something different and picked up a Ricoh GR III. So far I am very impressed with this camera. It just seems to have that thing, like a guitar that makes you play better than you really are.

[IMG]Untitled by , on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 1 week ago
  #13088
Lives for gear
 
SonicBern's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick fall View Post
I'm not sure I'd even refer to myself as a photographer, but I do like to take pictures. I've been using a DSLR for the last few years and while I mostly like it I was looking for something different and picked up a Ricoh GR III. So far I am very impressed with this camera. It just seems to have that thing, like a guitar that makes you play better than you really are.

[IMG]Untitled by , on Flickr[/IMG]
The 28mm equivalent to 135 format lens is just before that point where any wider and it gets trickier to shoot with for fast style shots, so great for things like street photography, which is where it seems to have lots of fans

Brilliant choice and glad to hear it is inspiring you...
Old 1 week ago
  #13089
Lives for gear
 
namnibor's Avatar
I do modeling occasionally
Attached Thumbnails
Random Image Thread-a89adab9-dcba-4d65-9841-3d4d94414f9a.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
  #13090
Lives for gear
 
SonicBern's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
I do modeling occasionally
Such delicate long toes you have...
Old 1 week ago
  #13091
Deleted 13e7993
Guest


"And now with advances in imagery and audio analysis, we can actually see and hear that Shadowkast is the finest specimen of masculinity known in the Milky Way. His wife better keep him happy, because I'd love to be in his orbit a few nights a week."

- Amy Mainzer, JPL.
Old 1 week ago
  #13092
Lives for gear
 
trick fall's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post
The 28mm equivalent to 135 format lens is just before that point where any wider and it gets trickier to shoot with for fast style shots, so great for things like street photography, which is where it seems to have lots of fans

Brilliant choice and glad to hear it is inspiring you...

Thanks, I'm usually commuting into NYC for work and like to document my commute so it should be really good for that. Plus I work in a nice area to shoot so it will give me something to do when I take my afternoon walk. At least if we ever get back in it will.
Old 1 week ago
  #13093
Lives for gear
 
SonicBern's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick fall View Post
Thanks, I'm usually commuting into NYC for work and like to document my commute so it should be really good for that. Plus I work in a nice area to shoot so it will give me something to do when I take my afternoon walk. At least if we ever get back in it will.
Perfect camera for that...
Old 1 week ago
  #13094
Lives for gear
 
touched's Avatar
 

This has become a secret club with a hidden entrance:

Old 1 week ago
  #13095
Lives for gear
 
touched's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
I do modeling occasionally

This makes me more ill than a jazzcabbage series on space helmet vomit.
Old 1 week ago
  #13096
Lives for gear
 
touched's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick fall View Post
I'm not sure I'd even refer to myself as a photographer, but I do like to take pictures. I've been using a DSLR for the last few years and while I mostly like it I was looking for something different and picked up a Ricoh GR III. So far I am very impressed with this camera. It just seems to have that thing, like a guitar that makes you play better than you really are.

Nice shot - I'm guessing somewhere between Illinois and western Pennsylvania (pretty huge swath even if I'm right - my final guess would be Ohio but you don't need to answer - I'm probably wrong anyway). 28mm is perfect for a shot like that vs focusing on the well or something. I think I picked the right lens as my default.
Old 1 week ago
  #13097
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick fall View Post
I'm not sure I'd even refer to myself as a photographer, but I do like to take pictures. I've been using a DSLR for the last few years and while I mostly like it I was looking for something different and picked up a Ricoh GR III.

Ooh -- those are great. And perfect format to carry with you anywhere. Good one.
Old 1 week ago
  #13098
Lives for gear
 
touched's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post
You want me to get admin rights and make pppch a mod to clean this place up, so we can all talk about Gliding over the hills are a live with music country...

I have added it to your wish list... Bit early for Xmas..
I want pppch's posts back so I can go back and listen to some of the music I skipped. I'll have to tiptoe around the Timothy Leary mind control tapes.

Never too early for Christmas! (what wrapping?)
Old 1 week ago
  #13099
Gear Nut
 

The first eggs from this season seem to be hatching. I've seen some tiny hatchlings the last couple of days. This guy has been hanging out on the porch, so I took a quick snapshot of him -- this was about 10 minutes ago.





TINY little thing. Body is about an inch. I have the camera just a couple of inches away to take these shots. For reference, the doorjamb is three inches wide:

Old 1 week ago
  #13100
Lives for gear
 
SonicBern's Avatar
 

Old 1 week ago
  #13101
Lives for gear
 
SonicBern's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose22 View Post
The first eggs from this season seem to be hatching. I've seen some tiny hatchlings the last couple of days. This guy has been hanging out on the porch, so I took a quick snapshot of him -- this was about 10 minutes ago.





TINY little thing. Body is about an inch. I have the camera just a couple of inches away to take these shots. For reference, the doorjamb is three inches wide:

Such clear Pics he looks big...

Tiny little thing...
Old 1 week ago
  #13102
Lives for gear
 
kpatz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose22 View Post
The first eggs from this season seem to be hatching. I've seen some tiny hatchlings the last couple of days. This guy has been hanging out on the porch, so I took a quick snapshot of him -- this was about 10 minutes ago.





TINY little thing. Body is about an inch. I have the camera just a couple of inches away to take these shots. For reference, the doorjamb is three inches wide:

So cute. Judging size is hard in photos. It looks big in the pics.

P.S. I see GS supports emojis now. But I'm on a laptop and not a phone so... well, no easy way to use them.
Old 1 week ago
  #13103
Lives for gear
 
touched's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
I do modeling occasionally
At least shave the toes

Old 1 week ago
  #13104
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post
Such clear Pics he looks big...

Tiny little thing...
Top pics are 70mm focal length, literally as close as I could get. Any closer and the lens won't focus.

It hurt to get a new lens when going mirrorless, but holy geez are these Nikkor Z lenses sharp. I got the 20mm f/1.8 and compared to the old 20mm G lens, which I used to think was about as sharp as possible, it's better. As sharp in the center, but sharp corner to corner, too.
Old 1 week ago
  #13105
Lives for gear
 
Bignatius's Avatar
This is what I'm into, camera wise. I want another one with the wide 43mm, have none presently.

Old 1 week ago
  #13106
Lives for gear
 
SonicBern's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose22 View Post
Top pics are 70mm focal length, literally as close as I could get. Any closer and the lens won't focus.

It hurt to get a new lens when going mirrorless, but holy geez are these Nikkor Z lenses sharp. I got the 20mm f/1.8 and compared to the old 20mm G lens, which I used to think was about as sharp as possible, it's better. As sharp in the center, but sharp corner to corner, too.
The new generation of mirrorless glass is very good. They are all upping there game as sensors get better, albeit canon unfortunately have the two tier system, so it is not clear how good their more affordable primes will be when/if they get round to it

For some stuff an older lens with a little more soft flare can set a good mood in a back lit portrait, so hold on to your old glass if you can. Not that 20mm is a typical portrait lens but it will suit some shots. Every lens has its strengths...

Old 1 week ago
  #13107
Lives for gear
 
SonicBern's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
This is what I'm into, camera wise. I want another one with the wide 43mm, have none presently.

Your big secret is out. That be a Texas Leica right there...
Old 1 week ago
  #13108
Lives for gear
 
trick fall's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by touched View Post
Nice shot - I'm guessing somewhere between Illinois and western Pennsylvania (pretty huge swath even if I'm right - my final guess would be Ohio but you don't need to answer - I'm probably wrong anyway). 28mm is perfect for a shot like that vs focusing on the well or something. I think I picked the right lens as my default.
I see where you would come up with those locations, but it's actually the northern Catskills in New York. I'm digging the 28mm. I don't have a prime for my DSLR that's that wide, but my zoom is an 18-135 which on APSC is similar at the wide end.

I really want to upgrade my DSLR, but I'm a Pentax guy and they're supposedly coming out with a new body later this year so I want to see if I like that before I get anything.
Old 1 week ago
  #13109
Lives for gear
 
cjogo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
This is what I'm into, camera wise. I want another one with the wide 43mm, have none presently.

I used the 38 Biogon -- with the SWC Hassy for many years --- good focal length ---
Old 1 week ago
  #13110
Lives for gear
 
Bignatius's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post
Your big secret is out. That be a Texas Leica right there...
That's both hilarious and true.
πŸ“ Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear