The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Solina String Ensemble
Old 10th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
i see a forest this is probably not wood but carrara marble ..
I could have bought it last year .. clearly wood and heavy

I think you should quote Till Kopper for the use of his picture. And yes there is no wood inside the Elka. It's mainly metal and plastic. Just like Behringer's Solina clone a metal case and fake plastic wood cheeks. Ok Peter!
Old 10th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
I think you should quote Till Kopper for the use of his picture. And yes there is no wood inside the Elka. It's mainly metal and plastic. Just like Behringer's Solina clone a metal case and fake plastic wood cheeks.
kill topper weird name..but one of the more normal Germans.
I found it at the flea market as wood .. plastic even worse .. much heavier ..
maybe it's a mix .. like the trabant ..
Old 10th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt View Post
Not enough modern improvements.
They could make it 10 times better with just 10$ of additional parts.
Nah, it's already perfect.
Old 10th March 2020
Looks like a winner The addition of the phaser is most welcome.
Old 10th March 2020
Lives for gear

Holy crap, I'm so excited I spilled fondue on my leisure suit!
Old 10th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Behringer Solina String Ensemble v1 (top) vs v2 (down)

Old 10th March 2020
Lives for gear

Sell me one right meow.

And then a VC340 version... stat.
Old 10th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Some heavy Solina use on this track

Old 10th March 2020
Lives for gear

just the one I wanted, when?
Old 11th March 2020
Another 300 bucks saved. I hope Korg does an Omni 2 FS.
Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
Another 300 bucks saved. I hope Korg does an Omni 2 FS.
I hope korg is finally building something from korg .. clearly pure wishful thinking
Old 11th March 2020
Quote:
I hope korg is finally building something from korg .. clearly pure wishful thinking
I don't want to hijack this but yeah, an 800DV would be swell.
Old 11th March 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishy washy View Post
Some heavy Solina use on this track

I always thought the Rhodes and Solina on this song were just magical. David Foster played the Rhodes on that song. Learned that the Solina sound was obtained by splitting the output and running 1 output into a Leslie speaker on fast speed and the other output direct into the desk through a flanger. Cool article on the making of that album below:

https://www.mixonline.com/recording/...-weaver-366143
Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

So it appears they’re getting rid of the option to use the ensemble chorus as an effects box say with an external instrument. That’s a bummer but it can only lead me to guess they might issue it as a separate effects unit.
Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

pcb

Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post
So it appears they’re getting rid of the option to use the ensemble chorus as an effects box say with an external instrument. That’s a bummer but it can only lead me to guess they might issue it as a separate effects unit.
I am not pleased with this omission.

I hope Behringer reverses this poor decision.
Old 11th March 2020
Gear Addict

Can you help us find people from Eminent?
Eminent was one of the most famous organ manufacturers in the 70's and 80's. The company was based in Lelystad, Netherlands.
The Eminent 310 Unique was the world's first organ to include a string section, which later became such a famous instrument, that artists like Jean Michel Jarre use it to this day.
Eminent later released the groundbreaking Solina String Ensemble, which was also sold under the name ARP String Ensemble.

Since we're now recreating the Solina MKII, we spent quite some time to get in touch with the original Eminent people, however we haven't been successful.
Now we're asking you - does anyone of you have any connection to Eminent people and would you be so kind to put us in touch with them so we can learn more about the history of these wonderful instruments and the company?

Thank you and truly appreciated

Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

It appears that the Mod (ensemble) and Phaser i/o is for audio, not CV, correct? I freaking love the audio inputs, but it’d be incredible if there were additional depth and rate CV inputs. .especially if this is going to be eurorackable. If this can double as an fx unit I’d highly consider getting one.
Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

There is absolutely no good reason for omitting a an external audio input for the ensemble beyond hoping to make more money by making a standalone pedal you have to buy in addition to this. If that's the case it's not a very classy move.
Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublave View Post
There is absolutely no good reason for omitting a an external audio input for the ensemble beyond hoping to make more money by making a standalone pedal you have to buy in addition to this. If that's the case it's not a very classy move.
It is also not a classy move that all other manufacturers do not build an analog string machines.
whine at a high level
Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
I am not pleased with this omission.

I hope Behringer reverses this poor decision.
Right? I mean if the Bolina had the I/O for the ensemble chorus effect AND they came out with a pedal I'd buy them both anyways.

But leaving that off when it's such a convenient mod is just being a cheapskate imho.
Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post
Right? I mean if the Bolina had the I/O for the ensemble chorus effect AND they came out with a pedal I'd buy them both anyways.

But leaving that off when it's such a convenient mod is just being a cheapskate imho.
you cannot ignore the financial aspect, this means that houses, cars and family members have to be sold. I think it's irrelevant.
possibly worse than the spring reverb syndrome
Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

Yes first world problems I know right?
Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

I'm sure maffez will come up with a mod for audio input. Shouldn't be too difficult
Old 11th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
It is also not a classy move that all other manufacturers do not build an analog string machines.
whine at a high level
It's absolutely a first world problem complaint. I still think it's a dumb omission and a valid complaint. Although it's not going to stop me from picking one of these up.
Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Such a home run. The world needs this.
Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublave View Post
It's absolutely a first world problem complaint. I still think it's a dumb omission and a valid complaint. Although it's not going to stop me from picking one of these up.
Indeed, on all points.
Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

stolen from fb.. team eminent and the eminent factory, organs must have been a nuisance at the time

Old 11th March 2020
Here for the gear

I'm wondering why this synth is so hyped and why the original version is so sought after and keeps a good price (1,5k-2k on reverb). To my ears it sounds kinda bad (which is totally debatable of course) and its really a limited piece of equipment regarding its sounds (but the polyphony, that is quite cool and i assume that 40 years ago it was a great feature (?).

I mean you can find tons of old string synths for the cost of a decent meal, why this one is so well regarded? Can anyone try to explain?
📝 Reply